Imperial HyperspAces WTF?

By Cloaker, in X-Wing

Way to punch OT only players in the face while kissing them (Rebels, thanks)

Take all our beloved Imp Aces out but leave Fang Fenn in? oooooook

NOT buying into silencers / FOs / BAs either to get that fix.

Nice way to protect all those ETAces / Heralds Aces incoming though in that format

Buh bye to Hyperspace play for me for half a year. Asinine decision.

me salty cloaker

Edited by Cloaker

There's a lot of weird choices with these Hyperspace picks.

Resistance gets to keep all their A-Wing and X-Wing aces, BUT they'll have to do it without Heroic stapled onto everyone.

Rebels and Imperials have almost no crew options for their ships. Imps are especially deceptive, since the legal status of 0-0-0 and BT-1 is rendered moot by the lack of Vader. At least they can still bring Inferno Squadron.

4 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Resistance gets to keep all their A-Wing and X-Wing aces, BUT they'll have to do it without Heroic stapled onto everyone.

Optics is not HS anymore which kills the already dead 5A

Rebels Hyperspace is odd.

B-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, and all non-Saw's X-Wings are all flagged as HS legal, not the "Limited or Generic" split that just about every other ship got.

Typo? Intentional?

13 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Optics is not HS anymore which kills the already dead 5A

Hyperspace Proton Rockets, tho.

Our new 4A overlords?

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Hyperspace Proton Rockets, tho.

Our new 4A overlords?

No, too many reasons. Among them now the lack of optics

3 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Boba is out and lost his crew slot. The only scum Firespray remaining in HS is the generic. (The Sep Firesprays are all except the generic, so I guess seps are the spray faction in HS now).

4 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Rebels and Imperials have almost no crew options for their ships. Imps are especially deceptive, since the legal status of 0-0-0 and BT-1 is rendered moot by the lack of Vader. At least they can still bring Inferno Squadron.

Maybe Vader crew is suppose to be legal as well and they forgot to tick the YES checkmark?

Imps are left with just swarms, which is pretty lame. Give us one ace? Oh Lord Soontir, where art thou? Save us from this horror

giphy.gif

Oh I like it. Sabers are the new Soontir. 35 means 5 with room for lots of upgrades or 4 with a shuttle. A year ago the Alphas were basically that price.

Also 6 procket RZ-1s...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

This grew on me with a kind of dawning horror, as I tried to fill out a squad.

Actually, I really like the theme. I benefit massively from being multi faction on this one, because I'd hate to be stuck with only those choices for a whole season. But I do like the identity, and the options. It's the Imperial Navy. And that's it.

Oh and there's Predator Sabers now ofc.

Edited by Cuz05

This version of hyperspace is the best thing to happen to the game. It should be the main competitive format going forward.

Edited by miguelj

A couple thoughts:

I'm really excited to see what imperial players will come up with. I could see people mixing in TIE rb or a defender into a howlswarm.

So long malware. Malarus swarms will be okay without terex but it didn't last long.

Rebels got better.

Boba gone byt scum looks better.

One bonus observation. Around the time the xi was announced the upsilon was removed. So maybe aces are out to make room for sky strike academy aces....

41 minutes ago, reqent said:

One bonus observation. Around the time the xi was announced the upsilon was removed. So maybe aces are out to make room for sky strike academy aces....

I hope this is the case. I know we’re still in the speculation of what ships are in that pack, but I think vult skerris is an incredibly likely interceptor/defender pilot. So, at least one of those ship types should be in it, right?

As an Empire player, I won’t be buying a bunch of extra generics under the pretense that this is interesting/balanced.

Just appears restrictive for the purposes of marketing new “ace” products or buying multiple old generics.

TIE rb has been available for about 10 minutes and now you cant use any of the models that were even vaguely interesting.

Additionally amongst the new “interesting” restrictions is the abundance of a modification only available in a completely different factions box and with no other way to get it.

if this is the future then bad news indeed

Edited by C0deb1ue
15 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Rebels Hyperspace is odd.

B-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, and all non-Saw's X-Wings are all flagged as HS legal, not the "Limited or Generic" split that just about every other ship got.

Typo? Intentional?

Because they have hardly any pilots, and Rebels for the most part are dire in 2.0. They have about 5-7 pilots who have abilities that you would consider top tier, but the chassis they are on are not, and in some cases nowhere near tournament capable.

I'm not sure why all of the panicked responses. They're trying something different, because they want to make hyper space feel different than extended. There's still 2 main formats, it's not like every event is hyper space.

3 hours ago, Porkchop Express said:

Because they have hardly any pilots, and Rebels for the most part are dire in 2.0. They have about 5-7 pilots who have abilities that you would consider top tier, but the chassis they are on are not, and in some cases nowhere near tournament capable.

Are they really that different from Imperials?

Just seems odd for FFG to say "There's a big theme to this Hyperspace wave! Each ship has Limited or Generic pilots, with no overlap!" and then *not* do that for Rebels.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Just seems odd for FFG to say "There's a big theme to this Hyperspace wave! Each ship has Limited or Generic pilots, with no overlap!" and then *not* do that for Rebels.

I agree it's weird, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they tried the limited / generic splits in Rebels and decided list building diversity suffered too much because the base pieces (T65s from core) didn't play nicely with the others unless they offered a split.

Full disclosure, I haven't really done much list-building with new points on Rebels... mostly looked at Empire/FO/CIS. I could be entirely wrong and there are tons of playable archetypes that have little/no T65 presence.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Rebels only have 7 legal ships, and they have restricted the pilots of the Falcon, X-Wing, Sheathipede and VCX.

20 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Way to punch OT only players in the face while kissing them (Rebels, thanks)

NOT buying into silencers / FOs / BAs either to get that fix.

Nice way to protect all those ETAces / Heralds Aces incoming though in that format

Buh bye to Hyperspace play for me for half a year. Asinine decision.

me salty cloaker

I'm actually pretty excited to fly generic (non-AP) imperials. Saber Squads seem like legit contenders now. I've seen people worry already about the Defenders being HS legal, which I don't agree with but could be entirely wrong about.

I've slept on it. I'm OK now. I'm going to to try 4 Sabers with Scourge and Mauler and try to make Imperial Lemonade out of aceless lemons.

TIE/D Defender - Delta Squadron Pilot - 68
Delta Squadron Pilot - (68)

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 60
•Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
•Emperor Palpatine (11)

Total: 196

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I could a see a list like this doing well. I do think saber squadron will be good too.

4 minutes ago, reqent said:

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 60
•Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
•Emperor Palpatine (11)

Total: 196

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I could a see a list like this doing well. I do think saber squadron will be good too.

The problem that I see here is that the Deltas will struggle to do enough damage unless Vermeil is in the fray, and Vermeil just isn't that durable. Lacking reinforce really hurts versus the lambda version of this, which also had an extra arc.

41 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

I've slept on it. I'm OK now. I'm going to to try 4 Sabers with Scourge and Mauler and try to make Imperial Lemonade out of aceless lemons.

I hope it washes out that salty taste in your mouth 😉

Glad to see you find something your willing to try out, and posted about it thus helping others shake the 'Sky is Falling' mind set 👍

Im interested in trying a Triple Generic Firepray list, maybe with some choice crew and bombs. 💣

Edited by Scum4Life

Bounty Hunter (62)
Jamming Beam (0)
Zam Wesell (4)

Ship total: 66 Half Points: 33 Threshold: 5

Bounty Hunter (62)
Jamming Beam (0)
Cad Bane (3)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Delayed Fuses (1)

Ship total: 69 Half Points: 35 Threshold: 5

Bounty Hunter (62)
Jamming Beam (0)
IG-88D (3)

Ship total: 65 Half Points: 33 Threshold: 5

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z108X12WW336WWWWY108X12WW20W339WW236WY108X12WW36WWWW&sn=Triple Sprays&obs=