New toys this week!

By Blail Blerg, in X-Wing

Who's excited? and for what? 😃

Models are gonna be great, two of my favorite ships. Eta and Vwing will go great with the LAATs and Arcs.

We just need republic shuttles to get the feel right.

Also Acclamators next week wooooo

Super excited for the V-Wings. Then the ETA-2. I'm still hoping we get repaints as I'd like Anakin's ETA-2 as well.

I have been away from the game for 3 years. I have placed some orders on conversion kits that were well priced. I am excited to start my conversion to 2.0 despite the announced move from FFG to AMG. Most excited for the Tie Heavy. Such a lovely looking model.

49 minutes ago, Segmentvs said:

Most excited for the Tie Heavy. Such a lovely looking model.

It's a very beefy TIE fighter. Our group calls it the TIE/Chungus.

I'm thinking of getting 4 of them....for one list.

Lyttan Dree (37)
Synced Laser Cannons (6)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Target-Assist MGK-300 (3)

Ship total: 49 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 5

Onyx Squadron Sentry (36)
Synced Laser Cannons (6)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Ship total: 48 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 5

Synced Laser Cannons (6)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Synced Laser Cannons (6)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Total: 193

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZsZ200Z418X354WW164WW356Y417XW354WW164WW356Y417XW354WW164WW356Y417XW354WW164WW356&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Edited by T70 Driver

Rampage is The Man.

Maneuver-Assist, Tractor Beam, Intimidation, Hull Upgrade, Shield Upgrade.

Enjoy.

Edited by Cpt ObVus
1 hour ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Rampage is The Man.

Maneuver-Assist, Tractor Beam, Intimidation, Hull Upgrade, Shield Upgrade.

Enjoy.

This my Squinty ThiccBoi squad.
only used it once so far, I like it a lot, but needs more games.

New Squadron

(39) "Rampage" [TIE/rb Heavy]
(3) Tractor Beam
(0) Jamming Beam
(2) Maneuver-Assist MGK-300
(3) Intimidation

(36) Saber Squadron Ace [TIE/in Interceptor]
(2) Predator

(2) Predator

(2) Predator

(2) Predator

Total points: 199

I have thought about dropping Predator down to Deadeye Shot? The new 1 point talent, so I could beef up Rampage with a Hull Upgrade.

Edited by Archangelspiv

I'll be getting an Eta-2, but mostly only because I love the ship and I think the model will be cool.

If I ever get to play in person again, then maybe I'll actually manage to put together a Republic list, though I don't really have much competitive outside the Delta-7s. I could do a three Jedi list if I get the Eta, but I'll almost certainly suck at it. I'm just bad at that sort of playstyle.

Which will probably lead me to picking up a V-Wing down the line, though I'm really not fussed by it as a ship. I'm done with small, pointy 2 dice ships.

10 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

We just need republic shuttles to get the feel right.

I really, really wish we'd got the Nu shuttle instead of the LAAT.

The LAAT just feels really out of place in X-Wing to me. Yes, yes I know. They can technically operate in space. But it just looks wrong to me. I'd rather the LAAT be some sort of improbable super unit in Legion. I want the LAAT to be big, bad, fast and deadly air support that pops out of nowhere to save you (y'know, like what it does in the films). I don't want it to be slow, fat dice re-roll support with awkward guns. But whatevs.

We'll get a large base shuttle eventually.

The Tri-Fighter is tempting me into getting into Separatists, even if just to have a suitable OpFor for in person Republic games. But I don't really love the rest of the faction, and the thought of needing to pick up two SoS boxes, two Vulture standalones and a Nantex/Hyena/HMP to get close to a variety of even just two or three 200 point lists is wearying.

As a mostly OT player nothing in this wave excites me. But having new things to shoot at will be fun.

As someone who hasn’t gotten to play once in 10 months ... I dunno what to follow that up with.

20 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

Super excited for the V-Wings. Then the ETA-2. I'm still hoping we get repaints as I'd like Anakin's ETA-2 as well.

I'm looking forward for Actis Ani as I call him, especially for Aces High games...

Eta-2 Actis - •Anakin Skywalker - 75
•Anakin Skywalker - Hero of Coruscant (56)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
•R7-A7 (3)
Stealth Device (8)
Extreme Maneuvers (4)

Total: 75

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I'm torn between either a Stealth Device or Afterburners on him though.

Edited by T70 Driver

The eta is my favorite prequel ship. The fact that it looks really good only adds to my excitement. I do like that you can run out of force in a hurry.

The fact that it has cannons is beyond cool.

So sad - UK stock of some ships has been delayed ... rumors are there's some customs backlog that the V-Wings, Jango Fett and Tri-fighters dodged, but the eta-2 orders are absent nationwide.

Still we are still not allowed to meet in public indoor spaces right now, so ... it's not like we can do much with the plastic other than look at it ...

The v-wing makes the N1 sad. Its clear the generic N1 is still 2 or 3 points to expensive.

My entire weekend has been ruined because my store didnt get any eta-2's :(

I got the other ships, which is good, but almost all the lists I want to play the most need the eta-2....

30 minutes ago, HisEpicness said:

I got the other ships, which is good, but almost all the lists I want to play the most need the eta-2....

I don't think they are out anywhere yet?

12 minutes ago, Dwing said:

I don't think they are out anywhere yet?

if thats the case, then wtf? 3/4 ships in the wave were shipped out fine, but 1 of them just randomly wasnt? how does that even happen?

11 minutes ago, HisEpicness said:

if thats the case, then wtf? 3/4 ships in the wave were shipped out fine, but 1 of them just randomly wasnt? how does that even happen?

I do think that there may well be a problem with the ETA-2 being in stock. 2 friends of mine and myself ordered directly from asmodee for this November wave. One ordered Jango and 2 v wings while I ordered one of everything and my other friend ordered 2 ETA-2s and 2 trifighters. The one with Jango texted me his shipped Wednesday while me and my other friend havent had our orders ship yet.

Edited by Evenflow30

Over time, 6 V-wings. Some of my new HS lists use several. And also a fourth LAAT for extended nonsense.

Eventually I'm thinking, 6 ETA so I can get a full wings worth of Rings. Doin' degenerate things, making my Epic lists look bling, at foes I sling em, lasers to sting em! Enemy ships? I sink em!

Sorry, I still have Hamilton on repeat and it's starting to affect me. 😅

1 hour ago, HisEpicness said:

Same for me, our store got everything but the Eta-2 Actis. It's not like I'm going to be able to play "for real" anytime soon, but it's the ship I was looking forward to getting the most.

When do you pick Vwings vs torrents?

(I mean other than for cool factor cuz vwings are the amazeballs)

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

Easy. If my list has room for a Torrent, I cut 5-6 points from the rest of the list and make it a V-Wing, because Torrents are warm garbage.

Maybe someday I will find some use for the V-19, but I think the V-Wing is just way, way better.

1 hour ago, Evenflow30 said:

I do think that there may well be a problem with the ETA-2 being in stock. 2 friends of mine and myself ordered directly from asmodee for this November wave. One ordered Jango and 2 v wings while I ordered one of everything and my other friend ordered 2 ETA-2s and 2 trifighters. The one with Jango texted me his shipped Wednesday while me and my other friend havent had our orders ship yet.

I ordered a mix of all the new things from a couple of different eBay stores, and the only thing that I’ve yet received are my two Eta-2’s. The rest aren’t set to arrive for another week.

In any event, the Eta-2 is indeed shipping.

14 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I ordered a mix of all the new things from a couple of different eBay stores, and the only thing that I’ve yet received are my two Eta-2’s. The rest aren’t set to arrive for another week.

In any event, the Eta-2 is indeed shipping.

This is good to know. I guess I'll shoot asmodee an email then and see what's going on with my order.

1 hour ago, Evenflow30 said:

This is good to know. I guess I'll shoot asmodee an email then and see what's going on with my order.

I sent one my asmodee order hasn't shipped either. I also ordered an eta.

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

It depends on what you need. If you need someone to keep up with a jedi, the V-Wing. But if you need something dependable to take some hits or provide Dedicated rerolls, the Torrent.

Obviously, in Hyperspace you can't take the generic Torrents.