Republic Bombers

By Mad Cat, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Now that we know the points and stats of most Republic stuff from the Clone Wars initial wave, here is a carrier list.

400/400 Surprise Attack , Asteroid Tactics , Infested Fields
C70-C, Bail Organa , LTT - 80
Acclamator-I, Flight Controllers, Expanded Hangar, Boosted Comms, LTTs, E-Rax, SFO, Nevoota Bee - 97
Acclamator-I, Flight Controllers, Expanded Hangar, Hyperspace Rings, LTTs, E-Rax, SFO - 91
4 Delta-7s, 3 ARC-170s, Anakin Skywalker - 132

The intel rule is changing to handing out grit so I decided not to bother with it. Instead I've included two sets of flight controllers to try and win fighter superiority as soon as possible. Up to 8 extra blue dice and swarm granted to 4 fighters a turn, combined with adept and dodge on the deltas should make this achievable. My missions will help too with squadron raid tokens or space slugs popping in to chew a few enemies.

The slow speed of the bombers can be mitigated by giving them scout from the Hyperspace Rings which could also be fun with the predictable enemy flagship deployment of Surprise Attack . It all depends on the strength of enemy squadrons as to how aggressive I am with this. I may even Scout the Deltas on occasion to stiff arm enemy squadrons and keep them tied up and well away from my bombers or I could use the 7 hull counter (1) bombers as bait for enemy squadrons - then in comes an alpha strike of Deltas each with 4blue and a black with 2 rerolls.

Flagship can orbit on a flank or even cut behind the carriers and squadron blob to keep alive and chip in the odd red dice. Bail can hand out repairs or navs as needed and these could even be discarded to remove squadron raid tokens. SFOs on the carriers are for Slicer Tool protection or to offer an emergency nav or repair to be plotted and either brought forwards or ignored all together.

Edited by Mad Cat

It will be interesting to see how well bomber fleets in general will handel themselves. I like the idea behind this fleet.

I have always been a huge fan of Admiral Chiraneau. I wonder whether he will become more relevant now.

I have just built this on Warlords and it is 402 points, each of the Acclamators is 1 point more than you said, is the SFO the skilled first officer?

6 minutes ago, 5particus said:

I have just built this on Warlords and it is 402 points, each of the Acclamators is 1 point more than you said, is the SFO the skilled first officer?

The list was written before all the card changes were known from the new upgrade pack.

External racks has increased from 3 to 4 points so I would have to drop the SFOs or tweak the fighters a little.

29 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

External racks has increased from 3 to 4 points so I would have to drop the SFOs or tweak the fighters a little.

Drop a Delta and add an ARC.