New units/rules for factions

By Eric Di Mascio, in Star Wars: Legion

Hey everyone, I know with the new RRG there has been a lot of debate on the changes, I am far to new to give my opinion on those changes and I am a pretty casual player of the game. I figured I'd set up a tab for just some wish listing on new units or rules people would like to see in the future from AMG. I personally want to see the dwarf spider droids as a support option for the CIS.

I want to see Rebel shock / drop troopers like Cara Dune that can have an ability similar to infiltrate except they can be deployed in the middle of the game.

Saul's partisans as a new core unit for the rebels would also be interesting.

I'd also like to see Geonosians for the CIS.

Edited by tdcthulu

Would love to see Magnaguards and SD-K4 Assassin Droids

Love to see them make some non clone troops for Grand Army like Mon Cal, Twi'Lek, and such.

I've joked around with my buddy who plays GAR, but Gunguns and Jar jar, could be a really cost efficient unit, with access to cheap Ion.

9 minutes ago, XKrieg said:

Would love to see Magnaguards and SD-K4 Assassin Droids

Magnaguards would be sick! but I feel like Grievous would need a re-work to have the entourage rule for them.

11 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

I've joked around with my buddy who plays GAR, but Gunguns and Jar jar, could be a really cost efficient unit, with access to cheap Ion.

Magnaguards would be sick! but I feel like Grievous would need a re-work to have the entourage rule for them.

Not really, for Magnaguards you just give them retinue like Inferno and Clan Wren.

imperials need dark troopers

48 minutes ago, Khobai said:

imperials need dark troopers

We talking about the jet pack guys from Battlefront 2 or the crazy android troopers? Either or I think they'd be a welcome addition to the army

21 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

We talking about the jet pack guys from Battlefront 2 or the crazy android troopers? Either or I think they'd be a welcome addition to the army

Potentially neither of those, based on...developments that I don't want to spoil if you haven't seen it. 🤐

Given the introduction of Flaw Cards, General Pong Krell would be interesting -- plus some mechanics that encourage a style that sacrifices the lives of clone troopers. He'd be pretty fun to paint as well. Similarly, my son thinks its a shame that Grevious can't lash out against a random droid and get a boost of some sort.

I need Ventress, though.

4 minutes ago, Billion Year Old Carbon said:

Given the introduction of Flaw Cards, General Pong Krell would be interesting -- plus some mechanics that encourage a style that sacrifices the lives of clone troopers. He'd be pretty fun to paint as well. Similarly, my son thinks its a shame that Grevious can't lash out against a random droid and get a boost of some sort.

I need Ventress, though.

I know the idea behind Esteemed Leader is that your troopers are so loyal they'll take a laser blast for you, but on characters like Grevious I like to imagine he's grabbing the closest droid to use as a shield. I would like to see Pong Krell get an ability that gives him benefits for Clones dying around him to encourage a similar strategy.

44 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

id be fine with all three stages of dark trooper being in legion

stage 1 and stage 2 are droids

stage 3 is the exosuit worn by humans

Dwarf spider droids would be amazing. I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see more vehicles in general for every faction.

Just now, Jw25 said:

Dwarf spider droids would be amazing. I'm probably in the minority here, but I would love to see more vehicles in general for every faction.

More vehicle variety would be nice, I know the CIS has a lot that they can pull from. I am just not sure what they'd bring in for the Empire and Rebels

11 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

More vehicle variety would be nice, I know the CIS has a lot that they can pull from. I am just not sure what they'd bring in for the Empire and Rebels

AT-AT is the only thing that makes sense. lol.

I definitely think the AT-PT could be added for Empire as a vehicle thats in between an AT-RT and AT-ST

As for rebels, they could add the T4-B heavy tank

Edited by Khobai

I'm fine with the rebels being vehicle light. But then I'd also be happy if not every faction had mirror versions of units to each other. I'd like some asymmetry.

Edited by DFocke

The at-pt is exactly what I was thinking of.

One of the big problems for the rebels and empire is that alot of good stuff they have is legends based, and it begs the question how willing would they be to bring some of that stuff back.

The only faction that isn't heavily vehicle based is the rebels, and much like DFocke said they should be heavy light. But, gosh one real heavy tank for them like the t4-b that khobai suggested would be awesome.

7 hours ago, Khobai said:

id be fine with all three stages of dark trooper being in legion

stage 1 and stage 2 are droids

stage 3 is the exosuit worn by humans

Also there were the stage 0 Dark Troopers, veteran clones that were cybernetically enhanced.

For the Republic I'd like to see Ahsoka Tano, Republic Commandos and Gungan/Naboo auxiliaries.

Edited by T70 Driver

So many stuff...

- Magnaguards

- Crab Droid

- Vulture Droid

- Rocket B2s

- Hailfire

- Deathwatch

- Umbarans

Please no sequel trilogy content 🥶 Everything else is fine. Even Ewoks. Even Ewoks with tactical anti-tank logs with impact 5.

For the CW factions we could use some

Clone Commandos

Dwarf Spider Droids (DSDs)

ARF troopers

Magna Guards

Generic Jedi General/ Padawan Commander

Super Tactical Droid

AT-TE

Hailfire Droid

more Jedi/sith as commanders/operatives (jedi council etc, Ventress, Savage, Nightsisters etc)

I would like there to be a Jedi/ Padawan combo as a Special Forces unit but it would probably have to be too expensive, Maybe a squad of Younglings as a special forces unit (3 in the unit with 3 health each, red defense, rainbow each)

this doesnt even start getting into the Sub-Factions that could work with both factions

Edited by 5particus

I agree with most of the above. I'll add...

CIS: Droid Starfghter (airspeeder 2.0 done right), HMP Droid gunship as a flying transport/heavy weapons platform, Jango Fett, Wat Tambor commander

Empire: That boxy speeder transport from The Mandalorian (which is based on a Kenner toy and appeared in SW Rebels), Imperial Probe droids with self destruct mechanisms, Mandalorian Super Commandos led by Gar Saxon. A field commander pilot card (Veers, Governor Pryce etc.)

Rebels: Saw Guerrera commander, operative versions of Han Solo and Leia in their episode 4 garb, Hera commander with Chopper counterpart, Rebels era Captain Rex and Zeb as universal heavy weapon upgrades

Republic: Generic Jedi commander (with a bunch of different parts to customize appearance), Jedi Starfighter vehicle with several Field Commander pilots, Clone Commandos, The Bad Batch

databank_ewok_01_169_747db03a.jpeg?regio

I’d like to see IG-88 come in plus BT-1/0-0-0 for Empire.

Ashoka for GAR.