FYI: official squad builder appears to be discontinued

By Synel, in X-Wing Squad Builder

I know the official app hasn’t received the latest updates (tie heavy and heralds of hope) and x-wing is in the midst of changing management. But I noticed the following and wanted to let others know in case they come here wondering. Looks like files are being moved around on the database powering the site/app. Just my guess and observations.

Evidence on which I’m making this claim:

The app is no longer available the App Store (iPhone)

Accessing saved squads on the app crashes it

Adding a new squad doesn’t display the faction select page

Search feature drop down fields don’t have values and when searching for cards by name, it doesn’t finish the search and display the card images

2 hours ago, Synel said:

I know the official app hasn’t received the latest updates (tie heavy and heralds of hope) and x-wing is in the midst of changing management. But I noticed the following and wanted to let others know in case they come here wondering. Looks like files are being moved around on the database powering the site/app. Just my guess and observations.

Evidence on which I’m making this claim:

The app is no longer available the App Store (iPhone)

Accessing saved squads on the app crashes it

Adding a new squad doesn’t display the faction select page

Search feature drop down fields don’t have values and when searching for cards by name, it doesn’t finish the search and display the card images

Just clicked into the web-based app and received a "Down For Maintenance" screen. https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/maintenance-mode.html

Hm, maybe a good sign! Hopefully it’s being “maintained” to the new app!

Hopefully, it's not just a rebranding.

I expect it is just a rehosting job.

But if it is the updates they've been missing, lets hope it includes eipcs.

It's back up go take a look

6 hours ago, Aetherer said:

Hopefully, it's not just a rebranding.

I expect it is just a rehosting job.

But if it is the updates they've been missing, lets hope it includes eipcs.

It's a totally new squad builder. It does include Epic ships and the November points change.