The Yogo Curse, Part 1 - Scorpion Story Discussion

By Vulcan646, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

8 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

We keep trying to get that trending but the soft northern Clans would rather sip tea and gossip about fashion.

That's just slander from what is obviously a bog hag or some other kind of shapeshifter.

Hey, the old Legion of the Jade Hand was onboard with that program. IT's all the rest of them who didn't want to play with us.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Yogo Junzo might actually get to be tragic this time, instead of us being told he's tragic...

Because you don't need to be cursed to make a bad choice based on incomplete information.

And also, well... his motives for doing what he did last time have already been subjected to change. We have actually reached a major point of divergence in the lore by now, so... let's see what happens, hm? Yogo Junzo as one of the greatest heroes of the Empire is actually a possibility. So is a doomed descent into darkness. Time will tell.

11 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Yogo Junzo might actually get to be tragic this time, instead of us being told he's tragic...

Because you don't need to be cursed to make a bad choice based on incomplete information.

And also, well... his motives for doing what he did last time have already been subjected to change. We have actually reached a major point of divergence in the lore by now, so... let's see what happens, hm? Yogo Junzo as one of the greatest heroes of the Empire is actually a possibility. So is a doomed descent into darkness. Time will tell.

Based on what we see of him in this story, I'm actually hoping that Yogo Junzo becomes a great hero of some kind.

I think either being a hero for the Scorpion or the Empire as a whole would be really cool.

2 hours ago, Vulcan646 said:

I think either being a hero for the Scorpion

Well, we’ve already got the perfect set up for The Last Stand of Yogo Junzo. Holding the line against a relentless onslaught of darkness throwing itself towards Kunshu, desperately hoping for the arrival of a relief force of Toshi Ranbo jade-equipped Crab that will arrive only to find he’s poured his life force into the last of the shikigami; a final prayer binding the Sword of the Hantei.

6 hours ago, Vulcan646 said:

Based on what we see of him in this story, I'm actually hoping that Yogo Junzo becomes a great hero of some kind.

And that's what I mean, right there- in the old lore, by the time we met him, he was already mahoed out.

But here, we see a man that old lore fans know as one of the foundational villains of the setting acting honorably and bravely to counter a threat to the Empire. We (or at least I) like the guy. So if he falls to darkness, it will actually hurt a little. And if he doesn't, we will all be relieved. He has gone from being "that guy who sorta started all of this" to a sympathetic character.

Kuni Yori, while already corrupted, has also been given more nuance (and the retcon to the history of Kuni daimyo makes him seem less of a "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" schmuck).=

This is why, even though the LCG is basically out of my life, I stick with the new story. It's relatively good.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, Vulcan646 said:

I think either being a hero for the Scorpion or the Empire as a whole would be really cool.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:31 AM, Shiba Gunichi said:

Yogo Junzo as one of the greatest heroes of the Empire is actually a possibility. So is a doomed descent into darkness. Time will tell.

YOGO JUNZO, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM , er, EMPIRE!

Edited by DSalazar