Which Expansions are Worth Having as Two Sets?

By robertpolson, in Star Wars: Legion

New to the game. Currently painting. Yet to play the game.

Currently have one of each expansion. If there will be some kind of sale soon, I will pickup the second core set.

My FLGS has these in stock. Are any of these worth having in two sets? If not these, anything else?

- Dewback Rider

- Rebel Commandos

- T-47 Airspeeder

13 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

New to the game. Currently painting. Yet to play the game.

Currently have one of each expansion. If there will be some kind of sale soon, I will pickup the second core set.

My FLGS has these in stock. Are any of these worth having in two sets? If not these, anything else?

- Dewback Rider

- Rebel Commandos

- T-47 Airspeeder

Rebel commandos for the snipers at the moment. However there is a point rebalance due very soon that may make Dewbacks and T47s better. I'd wait til that dropped if you're interested in seeing whether they're effective in numbers.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Commandos are most likely the best choice because of double snipers but if you like it then get.

Commandos are definitely worth having two, just for the Strike Teams if nothing else. However, as was pointed out, there is a big points update coming soon (maybe this week), which will likely have an impact on all three of those units.

Rebel snipers aren't really worth having 2 of. I'd just proxy 2 of your other commandos sitting on the shelf if you really want to run double. Unless you just painting figures in ponchos.

Which faction do you favor? I've got doubles of a lot of squads but rarely ever take 2 of anything other than core for imperial or rebels.

I'd really like you to get some games under your belt before you buy more, then you'll know what you like to play, otherwise you may spend money on stuff you won't ever use.

46 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

there is a big points update coming soon (maybe this week), which will likely have an impact on all three of those units.

This may change some people's mind, but you really want to have a grasp of how a unit works before buying a bunch of them unless you just really like the painting/hobby side of it.

Not on your list, but I love running 2 Pathfinder units. Infiltrate is such a fun ability and they really help keep the heat off your other units moving towards other objectives. Support them with a vehicle and you've made a good section of the map your sponge.

You are going for Imps and Rebels? Look out for Shoretroopers and Tauntauns. Both are worth having 2 or even 3. While a 2nd Core is still good for the quantity you get I‘m not sure if it‘s not better to check out ebay for another dice set and range ruler and just go for the stuff you like. Right now nobody plays 4 Stormtrooper units or 2 Speeder Bikes. A third rebel trooper unit is a thing, but that can also easily be found on eBay. And like already said, watch out for the changes.