Galaxy's Most Wanted Discussion

By maniakmedic, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Am I the only one who's disappointed with the fact that we didn't see any silhouettes this time around?

3 of the next 4 heroes are so obvious, we dont even need silhouettes. The 4th hero is anyone's guess tho.

1 hour ago, Deadwolf said:

3 of the next 4 heroes are so obvious, we dont even need silhouettes. The 4th hero is anyone's guess tho.

But will we get a scenario pack in between like we did this time? And if so, what will it be?

26 minutes ago, FearLord said:

But will we get a scenario pack in between like we did this time? And if so, what will it be?

Yeah, I'm sure we will also get a scenario pack somewhere between this box and next. Who knows who it is.

2 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

I am having a hard time imagining how Drax is not going to be as challenging to play as Hulk and Thor.

As such I am not fully convinced that those 3 are all next, as Drax and Quill might be as well suited showing up as allies..

With the reference to Alpha flight maybe we get Vindicator or Talisman or Northstar.

54 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

I am having a hard time imagining how Drax is not going to be as challenging to play as Hulk and Thor.

As such I am not fully convinced that those 3 are all next, as Drax and Quill might be as well suited showing up as allies..

With the reference to Alpha flight maybe we get Vindicator or Talisman or Northstar.

I would bet good money Star Lord, Gamora and Drax are 3 of the next 4 heroes. I would be massively shocked if all 3 arenโ€™t hero packs.

3 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

That'll be Charlie 27, Martinex and Vance Astro then...obviously!!

Fourth hero is a toss up between Yondu, Starhawk and Nikki. Hoping for Starhawk myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Didn't see a ship called the Captain America in the preview article, but I've no doubt it'll be there.

Edited by Janaka

The first 2 packs basically have to be Leadership and Justice (not necessarily in that order but likely) and I cant really see anyone other than Star Lord and Gamora. Then a new group of 4 aspects starts and Drax as aggression just seems likely.

As for Drax, we will just have to see if they go for the low hand size again or not.

For Drax it really depends on what incarnation of Drax they are pulling from as inspiration. It can vary wildly.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:38 PM, Janaka said:

That'll be Charlie 27, Martinex and Vance Astro then...obviously!!

Fourth hero is a toss up between Yondu, Starhawk and Nikki. Hoping for Starhawk myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Didn't see a ship called the Captain America in the preview article, but I've no doubt it'll be there.

I would love to see some of the classic Guardians show up in the game. The fact that we are getting Drang as the villain for the Badoon seems to make that a real possibility. Even if we donโ€™t get them in hero packs, they could make some great allies.

Edited by Gamerdad20003

They have three new card fans on hall of heroes, probably from asmodee or Amazon or something.

There's only one card that I can semi accurately make out, which is fertile ground.

Alter ego action: exhaust fertile ground, place one(or more, but probably one ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป ) growth counter on Groot, draw one card.

Although in between Groot and draw one card there's a lot of extra space, but I couldn't figure out what else it could say.

Plus there's tangling vines in Groot's fan, but I can't make out anything from it. There's also Rocket's fan, but nothing new. And the Collector's fan, which has biogram image, but the most I got from that was,

Attach to Collector

Forced response:...

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

21 hours ago, Deadwolf said:

The first 2 packs basically have to be Leadership and Justice (not necessarily in that order but likely) and I cant really see anyone other than Star Lord and Gamora. Then a new group of 4 aspects starts and Drax as aggression just seems likely.

As for Drax, we will just have to see if they go for the low hand size again or not.

Major Victory is Justice.

Vance Astro in the future is Major Victory, an original member of the Guardians of the Galaxy who was suspended in cryogenic storage. At some poinit in the future he travels back to the past an encounters himself at a young age. He then convinces himself not to get suspended in cryogenic storage. This Vance Astro becomes Vance Astrovik who then becomes a different superhero. Eventually he chooses the name Justice.

So Major Victory is Justice.

Edited by IceHot42
52 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

Major Victory is Justice.

Vance Astro in the future is Major Victory, an original member of the Guardians of the Galaxy who was suspended in cryogenic storage. At some poinit in the future he travels back to the past an encounters himself at a young age. He then convinces himself not to get suspended in cryogenic storage. This Vance Astro becomes Vance Astrovik who then becomes a different superhero. Eventually he chooses the name Justice.

So Major Victory is Justice.

Yeah, they're probably not going to have those heroes as the new hero packs. They might be put in as aspect allies, but even that's a stretch. There's just so much for them to cover in space, that they might have to save those guys from the future for later.

I'm thinking Star Lord leadership, Gamora justice, Drax aggression, and Nova protection.

Edited by Venompuppy

Anybody think they're going to do some content creator spoilers for this box?

4 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

Potentially- thereโ€™s a lot of cards in there and weโ€™ve really only seen a tiny fraction of them so far...

16 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

I think that Evan said that every content creator will get a spoiler for campaign boxes.

I'd agree that we basically already know the next cycle, outside of a fourth hero.

Star-Lord and Drax are obvious aspects. Gamora would depend on the fourth hero; I think it's likely to be either Mantis or Nova. Mantis would likely be Justice ala Scarlet Witch, putting Gamora in Protection; Nova would have it the other way around.

It's possible they do something else, but I think they are the obvious choices.

It would still be nice to have the silhouettes, though. Just to figure out the actual order.

I was hoping for silhouettes too. Hopefully they're saving those (and more Wasp previews!) for some December content since no new products are releasing then.

As for which heroes we get, I think we're all in agreement that Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax are practically guaranteed and the 4th pack is up in the air. Mantis makes some sense with her MCU appearances though she's not quite what I'd call a main character. Nebula is a possibility but she has more screen time as a villain, plus she's a villain in GMW and I don't think they want to have the conflict of a new character not being usable in one of the most recent scenarios. This could be a great slot to add in another comic-only character like Adam Warlock, Nova, Phyla-Vell, etc. Then for aspects in the cycle packs, Leadership and Justice should be in the first two to round out GMW's Aggression and Protection. After that, it's a gamble, though I hope Justice gets another pack quickly since its card pool is a bit behind the others. Thus my predictions are:

• First: Star-Lord/Leadership - he's the team leader after all, might have a Team-Up card with Gamora
  • Second: Gamora/Justice - former assassin turned hero lends itself to Justice IMO
  • Third: Drax/Aggression - the brute/muscle of the squad in the movies lends itself well to Aggression
  • Fourth: ???/Justice(?)

Those are all probably pretty safe bets.

For the fourth character, what about Yondu? He wasn't necessarily a core character in the GotG movies, but he was pretty central to the way they worked out. Plus, wasn't he pretty important in the comics?

7 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

Those are all probably pretty safe bets.

For the fourth character, what about Yondu? He wasn't necessarily a core character in the GotG movies, but he was pretty central to the way they worked out. Plus, wasn't he pretty important in the comics?

Heโ€™s very minor in the comics. The modern version (based on the movie version) was only introduced around 2018. The original version was very different from the movie version, from the future Guardians team created in the โ€˜70โ€™s.

I said Nova previously, but I actually want it to be Adam Warlock. He's like the sci-fi version of Vision. ๐Ÿ˜…

The fact that we saw an infinity gem in the red skull expansion makes me think that we will see more gems in future expansions (including 'most wanted').

If the backstory that unites all the expansions has to do with the infinity gems, it makes sense that we see the old members of infinity watch around here and that Thanos is going to be the 'final' villain of the last expansion, before start another storyline for the next ones.

This ancient Marvel Comics group (infinity watch) in the modern stage seems to have not existed (to my knowledge) and its members have either disappeared or been reused.

Some members of Guardians of the galaxy are known guardians of the infinity gems, such as Drax, Gamora or Warlock, while others seem to have vanished, such as Pip the troll or Maxam.

I doubt that any of these non-MCU characters are the target of the fourth Hero pack, but do you think we could see them as allies in the 'most wanted' expansion?

I am very struck that they have included the Badoon in the expansion because they do not appear in the MCU and in fact, the invasion of the Badoon of the solar system is the reason for the birth of the guardians of the galaxy of the 70's ... I see Caleb's touch here ...

Blessed Caleb ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 hours ago, aeixea said:

The fact that we saw an infinity gem in the red skull expansion makes me think that we will see more gems in future expansions (including 'most wanted').

If the backstory that unites all the expansions has to do with the infinity gems, it makes sense that we see the old members of infinity watch around here and that Thanos is going to be the 'final' villain of the last expansion, before start another storyline for the next ones.

This ancient Marvel Comics group (infinity watch) in the modern stage seems to have not existed (to my knowledge) and its members have either disappeared or been reused.

Some members of Guardians of the galaxy are known guardians of the infinity gems, such as Drax, Gamora or Warlock, while others seem to have vanished, such as Pip the troll or Maxam.

I doubt that any of these non-MCU characters are the target of the fourth Hero pack, but do you think we could see them as allies in the 'most wanted' expansion?

I am very struck that they have included the Badoon in the expansion because they do not appear in the MCU and in fact, the invasion of the Badoon of the solar system is the reason for the birth of the guardians of the galaxy of the 70's ... I see Caleb's touch here ...

Blessed Caleb ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey, I checked out the back of the box on hall of heroes(I always do, because you can read a description of it from the campaign boxes, plus find out who the nemesis' are for the hero packs, that's how I know Scarlet Witch's nemesis is Luminous ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), and it says that the heroes are traveling through space to get the power stone. I don't know how it keeps on getting passed from these seemingly unaffiliated villains, but I think it's going to be good. Supes excited.

There is a lot they can choose from. I believe the modern version of Guardian Galaxy spawned from the Annihilation series which was concurrent with Civil War (and according to some the better story).

If that were the direction, I would say that puts Nova as the front runner, but other options could include...

Phyla-Vell

Moondragon

Bug

Mantis

Silver Surfer (possibly too high of a power level for Champions)

Adam Warlock

Quasar (Wendell)

Cosmo

I wouldnt be disappointed in any of those even though I would prefer volume I Guardians like Starhawk/Aleta, Yondu, or Major Victory.