Galaxy's Most Wanted Discussion

By maniakmedic, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I am really excited for this box. The small glimpse we've been given of the two heroes Rocket and Groot has had me super stoked to see more of how they work. Also, the fact that we know all of Groot's events are various forms of "I am Groot" (and one "We are Groot") is a fun detail and I can't wait to see what all of them do. And Rocket looks like he'll be able to team up with Iron Man due to his being tech heavy.

Can't wait for the live stream tomorrow!

FFG announced on Twitter all remaining 2020 streams are cancelled.

Boooooo!

There will still be an article though.

12 hours ago, codytx2 said:

FFG announced on Twitter all remaining 2020 streams are cancelled.

Did they give any more information?

1 minute ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Did they give any more information?

They are working from home to avoid exposing staff in a pandemic.

37 minutes ago, FearLord said:

They are working from home to avoid exposing staff in a pandemic.

Yeah, that's fair. They have tried dialling some people into the livestream from home before and it wasn't 100% succesful.

Hopefully this means more articles like they used to do! It's annoying to have to dig through an hour-long stream to get what I could get from a 10 minute article.

Hmmm. I could have sworn Caleb said all the Groot events were some version of "I am Groot", but there's a Groot event called Root Stomp.

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

Hmmm. I could have sworn Caleb said all the Groot events were some version of "I am Groot", but there's a Groot event called Root Stomp.

It’s probably better if it’s just the flavour text for the cards... it would make talking about any of them pretty hard...

Looks pretty crazy good as a product! 7 new modular sets? 28 cards in the market? There’s a lot of exciting stuff here!

How does everyone feel about dauntless?

18 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

How does everyone feel about dauntless?

It’s probably fine in certain Protection builds, but I don’t think you can just throw it in... Between it, electrostatic armour and counter punch you could start to get a fair amount of damage off defending...

Dauntless looks like a great reward for not taking damage or finding ways to pump your hit points. Endurance works well and Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor have HP boosting cards in their kit. She-Hulk isn't going to get good use of it since Focused Rage and Gamma Slam are her engine and big hit. Black Panther might not like it either since he often wants to take small amounts of damage to deal with right back with Vibranium Suit + Wakanda Forever.

I'm excited for Into the Fray for my minion-hunting Thor deck to double down on what it does best while I sneak a Hand Cannon into Hawkeye Aggression for the 5ATK base attack, even if it is cheating thematically. ;)

4 hours ago, FearLord said:

It’s probably better if it’s just the flavour text for the cards... it would make talking about any of them pretty hard...

Looks pretty crazy good as a product! 7 new modular sets? 28 cards in the market? There’s a lot of exciting stuff here!

I mean, you could just punctuate them all differently, for different intonation and cadence :)

That was the thing I most looked forward to about Groot.

I thought deck could only use 2 restricted cards but it looks like rockets pre-built deck has more than 2

What's everyone theories on how the new victory key word works? It says to put it on the victory display, but I don't understand where the two works with it. Like, what happens/why does it matter if victory is stacked?

We've got hinder now as well. Even though we've already kinda been using it in previous side schemes, it's still a welcome addition to the list.

Plus, this is the first time we've seen the peril key word, even though it's been in the rules reference since the beginning. I think it's pretty fun. I'm still deciding whether or not to tell my friends I play with about it or not. Then just point at the peril key word in the rules reference and wait for them to come to a decision.

Good design on Rocket. All his attack power and big moments should come from the tech that he builds or procures rather than big numbers on his hero card. Having 2 thwart being his bigger stat makes sense since he's very smart and not really a bruiser on his own. Can't wait to see the rest of his deck. His hero ability giving him card draw for excessive damage also feels great. He's inspired by the massive damage he inflicts. They didn't show us his alter ego side it looks like. That's too bad. I am really curious what they did for his alter ego ability. The easy thing would be card filtering for tech, but I wonder if it's something else.

Edited by phillos
36 minutes ago, phillos said:

Good design on Rocket. All his attack power and big moments should come from the tech that he builds or procures rather than big numbers on his hero card. Having 2 thwart being his bigger stat makes sense since he's very smart and not really a bruiser on his own. Can't wait to see the rest of his deck. His hero ability giving him card draw for excessive damage also feels great. He's inspired by the massive damage he inflicts. They didn't show us his alter ego side it looks like. That's too bad. I am really curious what they did for his alter ego ability. The easy thing would be card filtering for tech, but I wonder if it's something else.

https://hallofheroeslcg.com/

Try out hall of heroes. It's got some more spoiled cards from a previous live stream, including Rocket's alter ego.

1 hour ago, Venompuppy said:

What's everyone theories on how the new victory key word works? It says to put it on the victory display, but I don't understand where the two works with it. Like, what happens/why does it matter if victory is stacked?

We've got hinder now as well. Even though we've already kinda been using it in previous side schemes, it's still a welcome addition to the list.

Plus, this is the first time we've seen the peril key word, even though it's been in the rules reference since the beginning. I think it's pretty fun. I'm still deciding whether or not to tell my friends I play with about it or not. Then just point at the peril key word in the rules reference and wait for them to come to a decision.

I'm sure victory will work as it does in Arkham Horror (the peril keyword works the same as it does in Arkham Horror, for instance), which is that at the end of a scenario the heroes tally their victory (in this case the card would contribute 2 victory) and then spend it on upgraded cards (a number of these upgrades are spoiled in the article).

In my opinion, Dauntless is best with Defense decks who can continually defend and not take damage. Honestly, Dauntless with Ironman is less good than it seems; I played IM-P last night and once set up, I honestly just didn't take hits to face due to stuns and ally blocks.

The real winner of this reveal is Aggression and Hand Cannon. Not only is it a really efficient card on it's own but it enables Mean Swing (which is amusing thematically) and because of the physical resource, Physical Aggression will he coming back with a vengeance.

2 minutes ago, Deadwolf said:

In my opinion, Dauntless is best with Defense decks who can continually defend and not take damage. Honestly, Dauntless with Ironman is less good than it seems; I played IM-P last night and once set up, I honestly just didn't take hits to face due to stuns and ally blocks.

The real winner of this reveal is Aggression and Hand Cannon. Not only is it a really efficient card on it's own but it enables Mean Swing (which is amusing thematically) and because of the physical resource, Physical Aggression will he coming back with a vengeance.

Do you mean Mean Swing to not use up a charge when you don’t need the overkill? Because they both require it to exhaust...

I do like a red tech card though - Iron Man is slowly getting some more options around the other aspects!

Yeah, you would exhaust the gun to get +3 instead of +2 and save the charge. You would also probably be running Jarnbjorn and once you get that out, you can exhaust that instead.

But it now is viable to run Mean Swing in a deck without signature weapons and you wouldn't be relying only on Jarnbjorn to play Mean Swing.

Edited by Deadwolf
15 minutes ago, Deadwolf said:

Yeah, you would exhaust the gun to get +3 instead of +2 and save the charge. You would also probably be running Jarnbjorn and once you get that out, you can exhaust that instead.

But it now is viable to run Mean Swing in a deck without signature weapons and you wouldn't be relying only on Jarnbjorn to play Mean Swing.

Yeah that’s cool - apart from restricted nothing seems to limit these though so you could equip 2 and exhaust them both for +4 attack as well which is quite nice...

2 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Presumably Victory will work like it does in Arkham Horror and Lord if the rings - you’ll be rewarded in ‘units’ for each scenario and you’ll add the points in the victory display to the units you get as your standard reward.

It also means the minion is removed from the game on defeat rather than put back into the discard which we’ve already seen on the sleeper, but like hinder this tidied up the wording a bit...