Atomic Mass Games

By Forgottenlore, in Twilight Imperium

So it has been announced that the Star Wars miniatures games are all being moved from FFG to Atomic Mass Games.

I am of mixed feeling about this because I was hoping FFG's recent development of the TI universe in different areas would lead to a miniatures game set in the universe. Now, I have to assume that is considerably less likely.

What do you guys think? More games set in TI more or less likely now?

I actually am not sure that this is really indicative of anything in terms of TI-- we already more or less have confirmation that Edge Studio will be producing a TI RPG (probably a Genesys sourcebook) in the near future, so I don't see any reason why AMG wouldn't be able to do a TI miniatures game.

I'd love to see (TI) Armada remade as a miniatures game akin to (SW) Armada.

12 hours ago, Agent_Drake said:

we already more or less have confirmation that Edge Studio will be producing a TI RPG (probably a Genesys sourcebook) in

t he n ear future

Do we? I know there was a lot of speculation about that when Genesys launched, but I haven’t heard anything more about it since (and, in fact, have heard that Genesys is practically dead). I’d love to hear otherwise.

12 hours ago, Agent_Drake said:

I'd love to see (TI) Armada remade as a miniatures game akin to (SW) Armada.

As would I. Getting different fleets of miniatures for each race would be awesome.

Edge Studio semi-officially announced on their French website back in August that they're working on it, and that they are expecting it to happen sometime in the first half of 2021: http://www.edgeent.fr/news/article/feuilleton_de_lete_lere_du_changement_episode_3

EDIT: Also, their English website, FB page, and Twitter account are covered in, among other things, TI art.

At GenCon Online, Sam Gregor-Stewart, the head of the studio (and guy who wrote a lot of PoK lore) strongly implied that a TI Genesys game was coming: https://www.geeknative.com/79397/edge-studios-likely-to-publish-a-new-twilight-imperium-rpg/

Additionally, but possibly just me missing stuff, the TI setting seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the Genesys Foundry community settings (again, that's unless I've just overlooked it multiple times, which is *DEFINITELY* possible...)

EDIT AGAIN: See also this ( http://www.edgeent.fr/news/article/edge_et_le_futur_du_jeu_de_role ) French interview from with SGS in July, where he indicates regarding the next Genesys book that "Je ne devrais pas en dire trop, mais je pense que notre prochain arrêt sera dans le futur. Il peut y avoir de très belles histoires à raconter parmi les ruines des empires interstellaires. Après tout, « la paix est magnifique, mais la guerre est glorieuse ! »"
["I shouldn't say too much, but I believe that our next stop to be in the future. There can be some beautiful stories to recount among the ruins of interstellar empires. After all, PAX MAGNIFICA, BELLUM GLORIOSUM!"]

Edited by Agent_Drake
Added additional pertinent comments

Thanks.
yeah, that is pretty much everything but an outright official announcement.

Awesome! (And finally)

Just hope it’s better than the first one