Danger Sense X

By thestag, in Rules

So if I have a character with "Danger Sense x" can I remove up to x suppression tokens during the rally step even if I roll all blanks on my dice?

No. "When a unit with the Danger Sense X keyword would remove any number of its suppression tokens, it may choose any amount of tokens up to that number to remove, including none." It can remove a number of suppression equal to or less than the amount a unit without Danger Sense could remove, not more.

If a unit without Danger Sense has, say, three suppression, and during the Rally Step rolls two blocks, that unit has to remove two suppression tokens. A unit with Danger Sense, however, can choose to remove 0, 1, or even the full 2, but not more than that.

"any number of its suppression tokens"

Is zero not a number in this case?

I'm not trying to argue here, just better understand. I as if the wording here and in the following bullet points leaves too much room for ambiguity.

Rules:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ff/92/ff92f22c-29d5-4a4e-83d0-380a55f07a18/swl_rules_reference_17_eng_1.pdf

Page 34

DANGER SENSE X (UNIT KEYWORD)
Units with the danger sense x keyword are more aware of the battle raging around them and are adept at staying alive in the midst of combat. When a unit with the with the danger sense x keyword would remove any number of its suppression tokens, it may choose any amount of tokens up to that number to remove, including none. While defending against an attack, a unit with the danger sense x keyword rolls 1 additional defense die for each suppression token that it has, adding a total of up to x additional dice.
Any defense dice added by the danger sense x keyword are in addition to the normal number of dice that a unit rolls while defending.
Any defense dice added by the danger sense x keyword are of the same color as the defense dice icon on the defender's unit card.
A unit that has the danger sense x keyword may choose how many of its suppression tokens to remove both during its “Rally” step and during the End Phase, as well as when another game effect or ability would remove its suppression tokens.
Units can use the danger sense x keyword while defending against both ranged and melee attacks.

You cannot remove suppression arbitrarily. You must roll block/surge during the rally step in order to be able to remove suppression. Once you are able to legally remove suppression, then you are given the ability to choose not to remove it.

39 minutes ago, thestag said:

I'm not trying to argue here, just better understand. I as if the wording here and in the following bullet points leaves too much room for ambiguity.

Would remove any number of suppression tokens, up to that number. You would remove zero, so you can remove up to zero.

Thanks everyone. It all makes sense, I just wanted to confirm. Long live the Legions!

3 hours ago, thestag said:

That's not the question you were asking.