Two quick AAT Tank questions

By Billion Year Old Carbon, in Rules

1) It hovers, but is bulky. We're told that other units treat it like it's a ground vehicle. So it supplies cover, right?

2) More of a general tank question here, but do they provide cover once defeated? It felt like the rules were saying the model needed to be removed from the battlefield after it was destroyed, but the realist in me thinks there's still be a big hunk of smoking metal out there for units to hide behind.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Billion Year Old Carbon said:

1) It hovers, but is bulky. We're told that other units treat it like it's a ground vehicle. So it supplies cover, right?

2) More of a general tank question here, but do they provide cover once defeated? It felt like the rules were saying the model needed to be removed from the battlefield after it was destroyed, but the realist in me thinks there's still be a big hunk of smoking metal out there for units to hide behind.

Thanks!

1. Yes, it provides heavy cover and can block line of sight.

2. In Legion, when a mini is Defeated it is removed from the battlefield.

@2 the devs talked about this in a recent interview that in early development there was a discussion about this but they ultimately decided against it. One reason was streamlining the rules but the other was that in Star Wars pretty much everything explodes in a way that it is completely gone afterwards. I found that notion quite funny.