Bitterman's painting

By Bitterman, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

IG-88. Didn't come out as I intended at all, but for something where the whole model is basically black-metal I'm not sure how I could have made him look better. Well, he's OK.

Mercenaries-IG-88.jpg

Mak Eshka'rey. He didn't come out as I wanted either, but I know why - I tried much too literal an interpretation of the artwork, and the different shades of green just don't work on a model. I should have given him a light green top and dark green trousers and called it close enough. A bit of a shame as he's one of the more popular heroes in our group. Oh well.

Rebellion-Mak-Eshka-rey.jpg

And (Mak's personal side mission campaign spoiler):

I also got a second model of Mak and cut it in half, ready to plug into the driver's hatch of an AT-ST for his campaign side mission:

PXL-20201126-223258061.jpg

Not a hugely successful evening of painting, then. Never mind, with 200+ models, they won't all be winners.

Edited by Bitterman
Added spoiler

Sentry Droids.

Empire-Sentry-Droids.jpg

Jyn Odan.

Rebellion-Jyn-Odan.jpg

Davith Elso. I'm always the Imperial player in our gaming group (and I love it) but if I were a Rebel player, I'd choose Davith as my Hero. The model turned out nicely too, though I overdid it a bit on his eyebrows, and I can't get lightsabers right. (Tips welcome...)

Rebellion-Davith-Elso.jpg

Gamorrean Guards. The colour I initially chose for the skin did not work at all. Had to work quite hard to rescue it, and it's still a bit much.

Mercenaries-Gamorrean-Guards.jpg

Shyla Varad.

Mercenaries-Shyla-Varad.jpg

Fenn Signis.

Rebellion-Fenn-Signis.jpg

On 11/27/2020 at 12:46 AM, Bitterman said:

And as a bonus - apologies if this is a spoiler, the forum doesn't seem to have any kind of hide or spoiler function

Spoiler-protected

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks @a1bert ! Fixed.

MHD-19.

Rebellion-MHD-19.jpg

Weequay Pirates. Seemed to take ages to finish, but pleased with how they turned out.

Mercenaries-Weequay-Pirates.jpg

Nexu. Photo doesn't do it justice, looks much better in the flesh.

Mercenaries-Nexu.jpg

Alliance Smuggler.

Rebellion-Alliance-Smuggler.jpg

On 12/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, Bitterman said:

Alliance Smuggler.

Rebellion-Alliance-Smuggler.jpg

I've always liked the look of the Alliance Smuggler, that pose in the act of dodging. You've really managed to capture that look on his face. That "I see what you're about to do, let me slide out of the way and shoot you back" look.

Thanks! Yes, he turned out OK, though quite difficult to match to the colour scheme in the artwork, which works better than on the model I think.

Unlikely to make much more progress in the next few days/weeks, because Cyberpunk 2077 has taken over my life. But I'll return to it! 😄

Will I finish this project before the forum closes down? It's a race against time!

General Sorin.

Empire-General-Sorin.jpg

Imperial Officer.

Empire-Imperial-Officer.jpg

ISB Infiltrators.

Empire-ISB-Infiltrators.jpg

0-0-0.

Empire-0-0-0.jpg

BT-1.

Empire-BT-1.jpg

21 hours ago, Bitterman said:

Will I finish this project before the forum closes down? It's a race against time!

How much is left to finish?

<quickly counts> Erm, still around 100 models, including all the big stuff. More than I realised. Which means I'm going to lose the race. Doh. Never mind! I'll keep painting.

Well, I'm clearly not going to be done before the forum shuts down, but I'm still carrying on as and when I have time... here's Maul. Looks much better on a 25mm tall model than it will on your screen, the photo is not flattering at all.

Mercenaries-Maul.jpg

Wing Guard.

Mercenaries-Wing-Guard.jpg

Ezra Bridger.

Rebellion-Ezra-Bridger.jpg

Sabine Wren.

Rebellion-Sabine-Wren.jpg

Chopper.

Rebellion-Chopper.jpg

Kanan Jarrus.

Rebellion-Kanan-Jarrus.jpg

Zeb Orrelios.

Rebellion-Zeb-Orrelios.jpg

...and that's Spectre Cell done.

All starting to feel a little pointless, but still... Tusken Raiders:

Mercenaries-Tusken-Raiders.jpg

Bantha Rider:

Mercenaries-Bantha-Rider.jpg

Death Trooper:

Empire-Death-Trooper.jpg

Clawdite Shapeshifter.

Mercenaries-Clawdite-Shapeshifter.jpg

Dengar.

Mercenaries-Dengar.jpg

Hondo Ohnaka.

Mercenaries-Hondo-Ohnaka.jpg

That's very nearly all the Mercenaries done - "just" the Rancor to go.