treachery cards- when do I discard?

By tasman, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

When a card has , say terror, for a keyword, is it discarded after it's resolved> What if I fail the test? does the card stay in my threat area?

If the card has a Revelation effect that doesn't specify that the card enters play then it is discarded after its effect is resolved. Using cards from The Gathering as examples:

• Grasping Hands has a Revelation effect that causes you to take an Agility skill test. Once the skill test is complete and the effects of failing (take damage) or passing (no effect) are resolved Grasping Hands is discarded.
  • Dissonant Voices and Frozen in Fear both tell you to put them into play in your threat area. The cards remain in play until stated. For Dissonant Voice it leaves play at the end of the round because of its Forced effect. For Frozen in Fear you take a Willpower test at the end of your turn and if you succeed it is discarded. If you fail it stays in play, in your threat area, and you will take another test at the end of your next turn to try and discard it.

All of these cards have the Terror trait, which by itself does nothing but may be referenced by other cards (e.g. Logical Reasoning ).

I hope that helps.

Edited by Assussanni

Yes, it does. Thanks.