How many are we getting preorders?

By Blail Blerg, in X-Wing

I've only pre-ordered one each of Eta, V-Wing, and Tri-Fighter. I haven't played again in awhile so I'm back to getting one each for my collection rather than building up an actual squad. I'm excited for each as an excuse to build a squad around when I get back to playing though.

Edited by Jokubas

I was thinking, I have 3 hoverdroids HMPs, they would pair really well with Jango or a Tri fighter ace to make life super tough for the opponent. Combine bulk, huge firing arcs, blocking and weird movement (AND one of your own aces), and that's a lot for any list, especially "2-3 ace lists" to contend with.

1 minute ago, Jokubas said:

I've only pre-ordered one each of Eta, V-Wing, and Tri-Fighter. I haven't played again in awhile so I'm back to getting one each for my collection rather than building up an actual squad. I'm excited for each as an excuse to build a squad around when I get back to playing though.

One of each sounds like an excellent plan

x1 Slave One, ETA and v-wing. x5 tri fighters because they look amazing and I’ll pick up a 6th on the day if that list fits, though I have my doubts.

2 tri-fighters and one jango!

- Eta-2 Actis (x3)
- Nimbus-class V-Wing (x3)
- Droid Tri-Fighter (x2)
- Jango Fett’s Slave I (x1)

Just canceled my preorder

22 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Just canceled my preorder

I really don’t understand why you think that’s an appropriate course of action, but you do you, man.

3 Eta 2

4 V wings

4 Tri Doids

1 Jango

I've seen a few mentions of folks ordering 3+ Eta fighters, and am starting to question my decision to order only two. Is the idea to field a new-hotness version of a Jedi Aces list? What are some thoughts behind having more than two of them around? I'm ever-eager to experience new viewpoints.

Wunna each. I’m way, way, way too deep in this game already to jump on a single new chassis as the one-to-spam-‘em-all.

I confess feeling drawn to the V-Wing and Tri-Fighter as candidates for 2 or 3, though. Those could be fun if they pan out. But I got too many other fun ships already. Maybe I’ll pick more up later if tourneys come back and I really feel drawn to fly a list with multiples.

one Eta

one V-Wing

1 hour ago, Spinland said:

I've seen a few mentions of folks ordering 3+ Eta fighters, and am starting to question my decision to order only two. Is the idea to field a new-hotness version of a Jedi Aces list? What are some thoughts behind having more than two of them around? I'm ever-eager to experience new viewpoints.

To clarify, I'm getting 3 largely for the rings. If they didn't come with those I'd have only got 2.

3 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

To clarify, I'm getting 3 largely for the rings. If they didn't come with those I'd have only got 2.

Getting 3 for lol builds of 3 aces. Most of the time 2 ace + support should be better.
Also you can always just throw in a delta as the 3rd. You’ll be fine.

1 Jango Firespray only, so I have three unique firespray paint schemes, Boba, Jango and my custom fleet paint scheme.

Not sure what to do with the separatist cards...

Edited by Scum4Life

I'm going 1 eta and 1 v-wing, with a Christmas request of 1 more of each. Unfortunately I'm not in seppies, so no tri fighter for me yet though if anything gets me in that faction its that.

9 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

1 Jango Firespray only, so I have three unique firespray paint schemes, Boba, Jango and my custom fleet paint scheme.

Sell them to me :) I already have a Jango slave one, so wont be getting the official.

Edited by Dwing
13 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

card_in_spokes.jpg

I'm joking, of course.

I just went to eBay to preorder the wave, and found that I had apparently already done that about three weeks ago. I think I was drunk? But upon further review, I made decent decisions.

1x Jango’s Slave 1

2x Eta-2 Actis Interceptors

3x V-Wings

3x Tri-Fighters

This should do for now. I feel like the Tri-Fighters are probably gonna work well alongside Vultures and Hyenas and HMPs, so three should be good. The V-Wings will hopefully provide me with a 30-40 point option that’s more nimble and survivable than a V-19, so I feel like three will do. The Eta-2 may be one I want more than two of, but I’m starting there to see how I like it; I’m imagining the Delta-7 will still be a totally viable Ace in the faction. And Jango? I suppose I may want two, depending on the cards included, but I already have a Scum Firespray, and I’m betting they’ll be cost-limited to two per list anyway.

Is it weird that the thing I’m probably most excited for in the whole wave is the Force upgrade which will allow Luke to emulate the Daredevil Talent?

EDIT: Had to look it up. Extreme Maneuvers. Luke’s ever-regenerating Force reserves means he’ll make excellent use of this. And it doesn’t even cause stress! Sure, maybe he can’t natively boost without S-Foils closed, but I think that will be okay. And there’s always Afterburners, right?

(And yes, as long as you equip the S-Foils in closed position, he should be able to equip Extreme Maneuvers).

Edited by Cpt ObVus
3 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

Is it weird that the thing I’m probably most excited for in the whole wave is the Force upgrade which will allow Luke to emulate the Daredevil Talent?

EDIT: Had to look it up. Extreme Maneuvers. Luke’s ever-regenerating Force reserves means he’ll make excellent use of this. And it doesn’t even cause stress! Sure, maybe he can’t natively boost without S-Foils closed, but I think that will be okay. And there’s always Afterburners, right?

(And yes, as long as you equip the S-Foils in closed position, he should be able to equip Extreme Maneuvers).

Not weird. Mostly it points out how starved the OT factions are for new stuff.