BUXY

By Ermias, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Hi there.

I love this list and want to share and know what you are thinking.

BUXY

(46) K-2SO [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]

(40) "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(5) Proton Bombs
(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(55) Wedge Antilles [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils

Total points: 199

There's nothing special, but K2 can block and coordinate and get a calculate token, Dutch is the control element with the turret and Ten and Wedge push the damage.

What would you change?

20 hours ago, Ermias said:

Hi there.

I love this list and want to share and know what you are thinking.

BUXY

(0) Pivot Wing

(5) Proton Bombs
(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

There's nothing special, but K2 can block and coordinate and get a calculate token, Dutch is the control element with the turret and Ten and Wedge push the damage.

What would you change?

I like all of these elements, but I think I would adjust a few things...

K-2 is good, but if you ask me, Cassian is worlds better (especially coupled with any B-Wing, since B-Wings collect stress like crazy). Cassian + Tactical Officer is better yet, but that’s a lot of points. If you just straight up switch in Cassian for K-2, that’s +3 points.

I like Dutch a lot, and your setup is good. But switch out Proton Bombs, and (if you must have a bomb) add Concussion Bombs and (optionally) Delayed Fuses. It’ll save you a few points, and the Concussions are probably better. If you’re looking to save some more points, you could run just Dutch with a Dorsal Turret. It’s less effective than the setup you have, but 8 points cheaper, and he still does the Dutch target lock thing.

Ten Numb is great, but I think it’s almost always worth leaning into the B-Wing’s ability to attack twice with Stabilized S-Foils and a Cannon (Autoblasters are cheap, but there are certainly arguments to be made for other Cannons)... ESPECIALLY when you have Dutch and/or a Coordinator to help them get a timely lock, and you happen to have both. So I would add Autoblasters and Stabilized S-Foils to Ten. Of course, that’s another +5 points.

So I might recommend:

Ten adds Autoblasters & Stabilized S-Foils, +5.

K-2 —> Cassian, +3.

Dutch drops his current upgrades, adds Dorsal Turret, -8.

Wedge makes no changes.

That keeps your points at 199. Your U-Wing becomes much more useful (removing stress from an ally is way better than taking a Calculate for free when you become stressed). Dutch loses a little offense from the lack of Bombs and Ion Turret, but Dorsal Turret makes up for some of that, and Ten Numb becomes FAR more dangerous. Wedge? Still Wedge!

But if you wanted a slightly less expensive X-Wing, you could look into Thane Kyrell, and use the saved points for a Tactical Officer or Ion Turret & Concussion Bombs for Dutch.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

I LOVE this archetype. I have flown so many iterations of it lately, and I really like wedge in there. I have done Ten, Garven, Dutch, Cassian before and it was pretty good. My current favorite iteration is:

Gina Moonsong (50)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 4

K-2SO (46)
Pivot Wing (0)

Ship total: 46 Half Points: 23 Threshold: 4

Thane Kyrell (48)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Ship total: 48 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

Norra Wexley (Y-Wing) (41)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
R4 Astromech (2)

Ship total: 48 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 4

Total: 198

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZsZ200Z391X125WW232WWWW313Y390XWWWWW140Y9XWWWW142Y25XW138WW5WWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

4 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I like all of these elements, but I think I would adjust a few things...

K-2 is good, but if you ask me, Cassian is worlds better (especially coupled with any B-Wing, since B-Wings collect stress like crazy). Cassian + Tactical Officer is better yet, but that’s a lot of points. If you just straight up switch in Cassian for K-2, that’s +3 points.

I like Dutch a lot, and your setup is good. But switch out Proton Bombs, and (if you must have a bomb) add Concussion Bombs and (optionally) Delayed Fuses. It’ll save you a few points, and the Concussions are probably better. If you’re looking to save some more points, you could run just Dutch with a Dorsal Turret. It’s less effective than the setup you have, but 8 points cheaper, and he still does the Dutch target lock thing.

Ten Numb is great, but I think it’s almost always worth leaning into the B-Wing’s ability to attack twice with Stabilized S-Foils and a Cannon (Autoblasters are cheap, but there are certainly arguments to be made for other Cannons)... ESPECIALLY when you have Dutch and/or a Coordinator to help them get a timely lock, and you happen to have both. So I would add Autoblasters and Stabilized S-Foils to Ten. Of course, that’s another +5 points.

I have to disagree on the Cassian in this list. If the B-Wing was a Braylen, then yes. Cassian is a must have. It's Ten though, who sheds Stress like there is no tomorrow. This Dutch is great, a good support piece. I would leave the Ion Cannon, as this opens up a big no fun zone behind the Y-Wing who is known to turn like a brick. I do agree that Ten wants to grab B-Foils. That way he can get double mods without any outside help.

Now... If I were to keep those ships and the core of the build, I would roll something like this. Not too many changes, as I mostly agree with what you picked.

• Wedge Antilles: X-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander": Ion Cannon Turret, Seismic Charges
  • Ten Numb: B-Foils
  • Heff Tobber: Intimidation, U-Wing

This is a solid build where "Dutch" delivers Lock for Wedge. U-Wing is a hammer which will engage the rest of your team to deliver even more pain. Although if I am to be honest, I would roll a subtle change to this still.

• Garven Dreis: X-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander: Ion Cannon Turret, Seismic Charges
  • Ten Numb: B-Foils, FCS, Jamming Beam, Autoblasters
  • Heff Tobber: Intimidation, Baze Malbus, U-Wing

This way you have 1 I2 for blocks and 3 I4 for damage. I have to say, Garven is in no way Wedge, but he can share his focus around, which can engage double mods on "Dutch". Baze Malbus allows the U-Wing to get more Focus tokens if he comes under fire. Alternative is "Zeb" Orellios and FCS for the same price.

3 hours ago, Amc879 said:

Why not Braylen on the B-Wing? You have the points, just drop FCS and you have the same bid. He is so much better at being a bully. Those rerolls really hurt on the double tap.

Edited by Schanez

There is no FCS? I'm a little confused. The reason for Gina is she can give stress to K2 to give him a calculate.

It works best when K2 coordinates a roll+lock to Gina, then she does a blue and takes a focus. She ends unstressed and K2 gets his calc.

4 hours ago, Schanez said:

I have to disagree on the Cassian in this list. If the B-Wing was a Braylen, then yes. Cassian is a must have. It's Ten though, who sheds Stress like there is no tomorrow. This Dutch is great, a good support piece. I would leave the Ion Cannon, as this opens up a big no fun zone behind the Y-Wing who is known to turn like a brick. I do agree that Ten wants to grab B-Foils. That way he can get double mods without any outside help.

Now... If I were to keep those ships and the core of the build, I would roll something like this. Not too many changes, as I mostly agree with what you picked.

• Wedge Antilles: X-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander": Ion Cannon Turret, Seismic Charges
  • Ten Numb: B-Foils
  • Heff Tobber: Intimidation, U-Wing

This is a solid build where "Dutch" delivers Lock for Wedge. U-Wing is a hammer which will engage the rest of your team to deliver even more pain. Although if I am to be honest, I would roll a subtle change to this still.

• Garven Dreis: X-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander: Ion Cannon Turret, Seismic Charges
  • Ten Numb: B-Foils, FCS, Jamming Beam, Autoblasters
  • Heff Tobber: Intimidation, Baze Malbus, U-Wing

This way you have 1 I2 for blocks and 3 I4 for damage. I have to say, Garven is in no way Wedge, but he can share his focus around, which can engage double mods on "Dutch". Baze Malbus allows the U-Wing to get more Focus tokens if he comes under fire. Alternative is "Zeb" Orellios and FCS for the same price.

Why not Braylen on the B-Wing? You have the points, just drop FCS and you have the same bid. He is so much better at being a bully. Those rerolls really hurt on the double tap.

Hard disagree on the Cassian bit.

There are times when Ten needs to shed stress and fails to roll an eye result, and thus, CAN’T shed stress. That’s potentially devastating. Cassian fixes that. Then there’s the simple fact that Wedge and Dutch will often generate stress as well. Cassian fixes that. K-2 just doesn’t do nearly what Cassian can. Clearing stress for Wedge so he can back-to-back Tallon Roll or whatever is gross. Getting a free Calculate here and there is... seriously ok.

Honestly, I can get down with almost any U-Wing pilot EXCEPT K-2. He’s not good. Trading Focus for Calc hurts, and his text is small comfort. At the same initiative, both Magva and Cassian make K-2 look silly, and Bodhi Rook or Heff Tobber would also serve just fine. Why K-2 here?

I play K2 here cause of his costs. He's really cheep, can stand alone and I have points left to upgrade the other ships, but I can see the arguments for Cassian and for Heff.

The bad side of Cassian is, he is expensive and I know Cassian and Braylen is a very strong duo, but then I must downgrade Wedge and that's not what I want. But I can cut the bombs on Dutch and that's the five points to upgrade K2 to Cassian and that's fine,to remove a Stress token is really a good ability. So I can go with this:

BUXY

(51) Cassian Andor [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

Better pilot in the U-Wing, but no space for Upgrades, seems pretty solid.

The other way can be with Heff. I love to block enemies ships, so with Intimidation he's a very good option and with 47 Points I have 200 points. Cool!

The bombs on Dutch is not necessary and I like the idea of Douple Tap with Ten. These 5 Points can be Foils and Autoblaster. So it seems to be a very funny list:

BUXY

(44) Heff Tobber [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-foils

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

Total points: 200

Heff will not trigger too often in a game and Cassian is the more solid way, but WHEN he triggers, then it is a lot of fun. :D

So much to try in the next games!

On 11/14/2020 at 2:00 AM, Ermias said:

I play K2 here cause of his costs. He's really cheep, can stand alone and I have points left to upgrade the other ships, but I can see the arguments for Cassian and for Heff.

The bad side of Cassian is, he is expensive and I know Cassian and Braylen is a very strong duo, but then I must downgrade Wedge and that's not what I want. But I can cut the bombs on Dutch and that's the five points to upgrade K2 to Cassian and that's fine,to remove a Stress token is really a good ability. So I can go with this:

BUXY

(51) Cassian Andor [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

Better pilot in the U-Wing, but no space for Upgrades, seems pretty solid.

The other way can be with Heff. I love to block enemies ships, so with Intimidation he's a very good option and with 47 Points I have 200 points. Cool!

The bombs on Dutch is not necessary and I like the idea of Douple Tap with Ten. These 5 Points can be Foils and Autoblaster. So it seems to be a very funny list:

BUXY

(44) Heff Tobber [UT-60D U-wing]
(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(3) Autoblasters
(2) Stabilized S-foils

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

Total points: 200

Heff will not trigger too often in a game and Cassian is the more solid way, but WHEN he triggers, then it is a lot of fun. :D

So much to try in the next games!

Solid! I like this. Heff should trigger more often than you think; he’s a big medium-based blocker, and you ought to be doing your level best to put him right in the enemy’s path, especially with Intimidation! And remember that when you successfully block an enemy, you can perform any action, including Coordinate (if he’s not stressed, and hasn’t already performed a Coordinate this turn). Giving that Coordinate to Dutch so he can lock the victim also allows another nearby friendly to gain a lock as well, essentially giving you two bonus actions (which is an especially good deal if the bonus lock gets passed to Ten, opening up the double-tap attack). This can substantially increase the firepower of your list, simply by doing what you want to do in the first place. I like it.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Cool lists, all of them!

but... how do you fly them?

is it straight a rebel beef 4x4 block jousting towards the middle and deleting stuff in its way?

or do you flank with wedge?

or separate 2 by 2?

thanks for help!

1 hour ago, Tellonius said:

Cool lists, all of them!

but... how do you fly them?

is it straight a rebel beef 4x4 block jousting towards the middle and deleting stuff in its way?

or do you flank with wedge?

or separate 2 by 2?

thanks for help!

I won’t speak for the OP, but the nature of the list (at least, the Tobber, Wedge, Dutch, Numb version that I like) kind of indicates a non-block formation approach. First, the U-Wing is a medium base, which is tough to keep formation with. Second, it wants to get in close and block, while the others may not want to get too close (but probably want to stay within about range 2 of Heff, to allow for Coordination). Finally, everyone sort of wants to be within range 3 of Dutch, for lock sharing.

So the way I would fly it probably amounts to Heff sort of leading the charge, with Dutch and Ten hanging back slightly, pretty close together. This works well because they’re both i4, meaning they can activate in either order to get out of each other’s way. Wedge would be sort of loosely supporting everyone, but not in tight formation; he’s much more maneuverable than the others, and wants a little room to cut loose.

2 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I won’t speak for the OP, but the nature of the list (at least, the Tobber, Wedge, Dutch, Numb version that I like) kind of indicates a non-block formation approach. First, the U-Wing is a medium base, which is tough to keep formation with. Second, it wants to get in close and block, while the others may not want to get too close (but probably want to stay within about range 2 of Heff, to allow for Coordination). Finally, everyone sort of wants to be within range 3 of Dutch, for lock sharing.

So the way I would fly it probably amounts to Heff sort of leading the charge, with Dutch and Ten hanging back slightly, pretty close together. This works well because they’re both i4, meaning they can activate in either order to get out of each other’s way. Wedge would be sort of loosely supporting everyone, but not in tight formation; he’s much more maneuverable than the others, and wants a little room to cut loose.

Yes, that's the way!

I mostly set the U-Wing in one corner, B and Y besides him and Wedge in the middle or other corner.

U, B and Y fly in one loose formation into the middle straight to the enemy and B and Y are behind the U. Wedge flanks or go with the others but stay back not to be the first target.

17 minutes ago, Ermias said:

Yes, that's the way!

This is the way.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:29 AM, Cpt ObVus said:

There are times when Ten needs to shed stress and fails to roll an eye result, and thus, CAN’T shed stress. That’s potentially devastating. Cassian fixes that. Then there’s the simple fact that Wedge and Dutch will often generate stress as well. Cassian fixes that. K-2 just doesn’t do nearly what Cassian can. Clearing stress for Wedge so he can back-to-back Tallon Roll or whatever is gross. Getting a free Calculate here and there is... seriously ok.

You know that Ten still has blue maneuvers, right?

They key difference between Ten and Braylen is not that Ten always sheds his stress, but that he can shed his stress. Sure, it's not ideal when Ten has to keep a stress going through into the next round but it's still manageable. He's got blue maneuvers, or just keeping the stress token lets him keep a mod.

Braylen likes Cassian so much because he is always stressed going into the next round. What Cassian offers is reliability. Without Cassian, you know that every turn Braylen takes that stress, he's not performing a red maneuver next turn. It's too limiting. You also know that if he wants options other than re-rolling, he's doing a blue. The problem is only that that is the case every turn . Ten is in the same boat but only sometimes. It's big.

And here's the thing. Cassian was a pricey support tool for Braylen even when Rebel beef was viable. Since the huge points hit they took, Cassian and Braylen is too expensive to bother with as is.

Investing Cassian points into Ten just doesn't make sense when there's a really good chance that Cassian won't even be needed. If Ten doesn't get to trigger then ah well, just dial in a blue. Yeah, it's predictable. But you're banking on it being only for one turn. And it doesn't take much to fly Ten in such a way that the turn after first engagement, he wants to be slow rolling with a blue anyway. The times when Ten comes in clutch and clears the stress from your 1 t-roll so you can 1 t-roll next turn will make up for it.

Sure, he helps out the rest of the list but it's still diminishing returns.

Back to back t-rolls or k-turns aren't that strong. Look at the TIE Defenders. They can turn around all day long, and it's a strong ability. But they're not played because, for their points, they just don't get enough offensive power. Dice mods are king. There's nothing wrong with investing in movement options, but in general investing in dice mods gets you a better return for your points. Taking an upgrade to improve movement is fine. Just look at Slave One. Taking a whole ship to support the list with dice mods is usually fine too. But taking a whole ship just to support movement..... Idk, it's rarely good.

To go to a more pointed example, if back to back t-rolls on an X-Wing were really all that, then everyone would be bringing the Jek Porkins + Chopper + Elusive combo, because he's guaranteed stress free k-turns and usually gets to keep his action too.

Like I said, Cassian pairs way better with Braylen but any Cassian/Braylen list is basically dead in the water these days because you can't pack in enough other stuff. So if the best possible pairing isn't viable, then how is Cassian supposed to be any good.

If back to back k-turns are what you're after, then Leia is the better upgrade all day, every day. Granted, Partisan Renegade + Leia is only one point cheaper than Cassian, but this is a problem with U-Wings as support in general. U-Wings work fine as no frills blockers and medium base gun turrets or beef spam, but they're seriously lacking as support ships at the moment because their cost with upgrades just doesn't compare favourably with simply adding more generics of whatever dogfighting ship you're running.

If you want Wedge to back to back k-turn, you take Leia on a better ship. Either on AP-5 as a cheap support bot, or on something like a Han or Lando Falcon so that she's on a ship that can also fight and contribute.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:29 AM, Cpt ObVus said:

Honestly, I can get down with almost any U-Wing pilot EXCEPT K-2. He’s not good. Trading Focus for Calc hurts, and his text is small comfort. At the same initiative, both Magva and Cassian make K-2 look silly, and Bodhi Rook or Heff Tobber would also serve just fine. Why K-2 here?

Lol. For the current points, K-2 is probably the best limited U-Wing pilot out there.

He's three points cheaper than a Blue Squad Scout or Partisan Renegade + Tactical Officer. Red co-ordinate means he gets a calculate. This means he's the only U-Wing pilot that still gets a dice mod when co-ordinating, and he does it for cheaper than removing the disadvantage of red co-ordinate for any other U-Wing.

He's also the only U-Wing pilot who gets a dice mod after the red stop other than damaged Saw. The red stop and pivot is the bread and butter of U-Wings, and K-2 does it the best.

You're not trading a focus for a calculate. You're getting green tokens when no one else does.

If all you're doing with your U-Wing is slow rolling forward and taking focus actions, why are you taking a U-Wing at all? You're taking a U-Wing so it can stop and pivot, in which case no other U-Wing pilot is getting actions anyway and for the occasional co-ordinate, in which case K-2 is the only pilot who actually increases the action economy of the list.

Magva and Cassian might be the same Initiative but they're 4 and 6 points more expensive respectively and Magva is arguably pretty terrible against anything other than really specific match ups. Bodhi is 2 points more expensive than K-2 and totally useless unless you're running low Init ordnance spam, which Rebels are terrible at. Heff is only okay. His main problem is that his ability doesn't trigger anywhere near enough to be useful, because U-Wings do their best blocking with that red stop, and the red stop shuts off Heff's ability.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, Schanez said:

This is a solid build where "Dutch" delivers Lock for Wedge.

Maybe you're just better at flying than me, but I really don't like Dutch as a support piece for Wedge.

Wedge taking locks with his own actions at I6 is way better. If he's not in range to lock when he activates, then you're not shooting anyway unless it's against high bid Soontir or Vader or whatever (and if that's the case, Dutch won't have helped anyway). And if they are in range when he activates, then he didn't need Dutch.

There are much cheaper options for getting focus tokens out there, and Wedge works way better with someone like AP-5 co-ordinating him a focus before he locks at I6.

Dutch + Ten is a different story, though.

I have now testet Heff Tobber and must say, he's very bad. He is so often be stressed that his ability triggers not often. I think K2 is the better option for blocking. Intimitation on a U-Wing is a beast.

Ten with Foils is very good with and without autoblaster, the option for double mod on his own is too good.

So my new favorite list:

# BUXY

(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(2) Stabilized S-foils

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

5 hours ago, Ermias said:

I have now testet Heff Tobber and must say, he's very bad. He is so often be stressed that his ability triggers not often. I think K2 is the better option for blocking. Intimitation on a U-Wing is a beast.

Ten with Foils is very good with and without autoblaster, the option for double mod on his own is too good.

So my new favorite list:

# BUXY

(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(2) Stabilized S-foils

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

I’d stick Marksmanship on Ten. If he’s got foils, it will be easier for him to line up the bullseye, spend his stress and change one hit to a crit (provided you roll eyes). This combo has saved me many times with pushing a crit through.

Edited by Sm00thB0r3
On 11/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, Ermias said:

Yeah, this tracks.

I've never been able to get much value out of Heff. His ability is just at odds with the U-Wing's 'signature move'.

It's shame there's no talent carrying generic for cheaper. If all you were after is an Intimidation medium base blocker, you might be able to squeeze out a few more points.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, Ermias said:

So my new favorite list:

# BUXY

(0) Pivot Wing
(3) Intimidation

(2) Stabilized S-foils

(5) Ion Cannon Turret

(0) Servomotor S-foils

In general, this is way more like what I'd be looking at for a U-Wing list.

But I do want to ask how useful you found Dutch in your games. Because to me, he's almost dead weight in this list without something to add of his own.

As you said, Ten can get his own double mods pretty easily with the foils (and boy does he hit like a truck with them) and Dutch isn't as big a help to Wedge as he might seem. I suppose I can see merits in K-2 co-ordinating a focus to Wedge, getting a calculate for his trouble and then getting a lock from Dutch for third double modded three dice attack in the list (actually, that's pretty tasty), but this also requires everyone to be in a loose block and.... I don't know, I feel like Dutch isn't doing much outside of lock support here.

The reason I'm banging on about that is because I feel like all the other ships are just a little light on upgrades. Yes, more ships and better base ships rules over more upgrades in 2e, but all of these pilots are missing a couple of cheap upgrades to elevate them further.

I really, really think Ten wants FCS with the s-foils. It's normally pretty easy to set things up for the roll and red lock in the opening engagement, but after that when you're getting into the furball you can run out of the room you need. FCS helps mitigate this a ton . It gives Ten a re-roll on that opening engagement, and lets him keep the lock into the next round. If you're able to spend his stress, that can open up Ten's dial to allow him to use those red tallon rolls and still get double mods.

You can also take Jamming Beam on him, and while yes it's a terrible upgrade, with FCS in the mix there are some rare use cases. Ten can fire his main guns as normal, double modded with FCS, and keep the lock to enable the double tap. Even with it being an extra shot and a free upgrade, the cost of losing your lock is still too high most of the time, but sometimes being able to use the jamming beam to strip locks they might be about to shoot ordnance with can be big. FCS is good on its own anyway, at least, and with 0 point Jamming Beam you gain an extra option.

K-2 would love a crew. Even a cheap one. Jyn can be a surprisingly useful card. Chopper isn't terrible for a point. The damage can hurt, but if it lets you get a double modded shot off at a key time, it could be the difference between getting half points on something just before time and not. Hera is overlooked. Getting 2 red stops in in a row for 4 points isn't bad. The of course there's Leia, though we're getting up there in points now.

Wedge needs upgrades the least, but any of Predator, R4, R3, Crack Shot or even Hull Upgrade (strangely overlooked on T-65s, even though it bumps the half point threshold up) can make a difference at a key time.

Dutch himself feels light in this build, I think that's my big problem. Y-Wings with only a turret just don't do enough for me, outside of Norra. VTG, Proton Bombs, Seismic Charges or even Ion Torps all start to make a difference. I just feel like to get all these ships in, all 4 of them are slightly compromised and Dutch pulls the least weight.

Dropping Dutch down to Jake gets you 15 points to play with. He can still support the list with action economy, or be decently modded and mobile himself.

But now you've got points for FCS on Ten, crew on K-2, a talent on Wedge and points for Jake himself. Proton Rockets are solid, Outmaneuver can work well.

I dunno, not necessarily better but something to think about. I'm curious how Dutch specifically works out at the moment.

I’ve often found a slim Y-Wing to be pretty great. I’m even coming around to the idea that one of the reasons I’ve been disappointed in them in the Republic faction is because I overload them.

Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with just an Ion Turret Dutch. Any way you cut it, he’s action economy, and Y-Wings are pretty tough. Besides which, occasionally ionizing a target is pretty great, and can really throw an opponent’s plans into disarray.

I certainly have nothing bad to say about Jake Farrell, either. Just don’t underestimate Dutch. Bonus locks are always great, even if you aren’t using any ordnance.

The main thing that makes me want to look for a cheaper option would be for a bid; Wedge gets a lot better when he moves last. But once again, my first cut might be K-2. Of course, cutting K-2 down to Heff or a generic AND losing Dutch and adding Jake (for example) is a possibility. Jake actually does similar things as Dutch for your action economy, and their survivability is probably comparable, though Jake is more vulnerable to bad dice. And all of a sudden you’re looking at all sorts of points for upgrades and a healthy bid.

I like this list and have been making small tweaks here and there from everyone's suggestions. I'm in favor of the Dutch lock antics. I also had low returns from Heff and have switched out for K2.

13 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

I really, really think Ten wants FCS with the s-foils. It's normally pretty easy to set things up for the roll and red lock in the opening engagement, but after that when you're getting into the furball you can run out of the room you need. FCS helps mitigate this a ton . It gives Ten a re-roll on that opening engagement, and lets him keep the lock into the next round. If you're able to spend his stress, that can open up Ten's dial to allow him to use those red tallon rolls and still get double mods.

I hadn't considered this, but it's really good, especially if you keep a Ten with foils and any cannon. I had been running Ten with Autoblasters and my crappy dice rolls always have me in a position where I want to spend the lock on the initial attack. FCS fixes that. Here's a take I'm looking forward to trying out.

BUXY

(3) Autoblasters

(2) Stabilized S-foils

(2) Fire-Control System

(0) Servomotor S-foils

(2) Dorsal Turret

(0) Pivot Wing

Total points: 198

Is FCS worth downgrading from Ion Cannon Turret to Dorsal Turret on Dutch? I think it might be.

Edited by Yank01

I don't think that Jake is a good option for this list cause of his speed. He wants to move fast and the other ships don't. So for action economy Dutch is much better. He shares locks and can ionize enemies, what can be very powerful. Even if he doesnt push his ion token through, that's a mind play for your opponent and this can be a very powerful weapon.

Maybe you can cut Dutch and Foils on ten for a Garven Dreis? But I really prefer Dutch. He flies into the enemy besides K2 and forces blocks, gives locks and can ionize. Rally powerful for 45 points. And other stiphs like Wedge and K2 don't need any upgrades. There're strong enough without any.

On 11/21/2020 at 4:49 AM, Ermias said:

I don't think that Jake is a good option for this list cause of his speed. He wants to move fast and the other ships don't. So for action economy Dutch is much better. He shares locks and can ionize enemies, what can be very powerful. Even if he doesnt push his ion token through, that's a mind play for your opponent and this can be a very powerful weapon.

Agreed on all of this. I like Dutch here too. But cutting down to Jake leaves Wedge with a healthy bid, which makes him a LOT better.

I still might just recommend keeping Dutch.

Jake can give free locks with XX23, maybe pass a focus and then zoom ahead of the rest and debuff a chosen enemy with starbird.

BUXA

(3) Autoblasters
(0) Jamming Beam
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Fire-Control System

(34) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(2) XX-23 S-Thread Tracers
(1) Starbird Slash

(54) Wedge Antilles [T-65 X-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(0) Servomotor S-foils

(0) Pivot Wing
(2) Jyn Erso
(3) Intimidation

Remove jyn, R4, intimidation until you get a bid you like.

Edited by LUZ_TAK
2 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Jake can give free locks with XX23, maybe pass a focus and then zoom ahead of the rest and debuff a chosen enemy with starbird.

BUXA

(3) Autoblasters
(0) Jamming Beam
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Fire-Control System

(34) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]
(2) XX-23 S-Thread Tracers
(1) Starbird Slash

(54) Wedge Antilles [T-65 X-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(0) Servomotor S-foils

(0) Pivot Wing
(2) Jyn Erso
(3) Intimidation

Remove jyn, R4, intimidation until you get a bid you like.

Man... Jyn, Intimidation, and R4, or Tactical Officer? Maybe I just like Coordinating too much.