The Playbook - Imperial Special Forces

By Mbweha, in Star Wars: Legion

I've been touting that ISF would be a good early strike unit (and after that, a gum unit) since they came out! Great video, very well done, and thanks for the tips!

Watching all the rerolls discussion (including in the follow-up video) makes me wonder why targeting scopes wouldn't be a possibility on ISF.

Also, ISF's alpha strike is hindered by difficult terrain. Might be one of the few cases where Environmental Gear should be taken.

Edited by SoonerTed
1 hour ago, SoonerTed said:

Watching all the rerolls discussion (including in the follow-up video) makes me wonder why targeting scopes wouldn't be a possibility on ISF.

Also, ISF's alpha strike is hindered by difficult terrain. Might be one of the few cases where Environmental Gear should be taken.

I think targeting scopes are only good on that alpha strike turn, as they likely won't have more than 1 aim otherwise (unless you are giving up a turn to refresh offensive push)

When using Iden's 3-pip, they already have their speed reduced by 1, so difficult terrain does nothing to them on that turn.

3 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

I think targeting scopes are only good on that alpha strike turn, as they likely won't have more than 1 aim otherwise (unless you are giving up a turn to refresh offensive push)

When using Iden's 3-pip, they already have their speed reduced by 1, so difficult terrain does nothing to them on that turn.

Good point on the scopes. And on the gear.

The Environmental Gear would still be useful for the other turns. I have had my ISFs get bogged down in terrain.

Edited by SoonerTed
2 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

Good point on the scopes. And on the gear.

The Environmental Gear would still be useful for the other turns. I have had my ISFs get bogged down in terrain.

I’d imagine a lot of that could be mitigated during deployment if you’re waiting to deploy those big units until the end. To be fair to you though, if you routinely play on terrain heavy boards, you might get more out of those upgrades.

Good set of videos.

I watched this one about the Marksman rule. Does anyone know where I can buy the play mat they use with the Aurebesh writing?

Thanks for watching the LVG videos, Mad Cat!

I bought the mat as a custom from DEEP-CUT STUDIOS. They have a Space Hulk map and I asked them to change the lettering to Aurebesh because I thought it would be totally awesome... and it is!