New player and need to learn about decks

By XxEmilxX, in Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game

Okay so I'm kinda of a new player to the game. I've played in a couple of torunaments with my frineds and I would like to learn more about how to build my decks and about what kind of decks there are. I have a Dark Riku level 3, sora level 1, and riku level 2 player cards. I don't have any ultra rare cards (yet) and I really don't want to list everything I have. However I have almost 200 cards. So if somebody could help me with this that would be great.

XxEmilxX said:

Okay so I'm kinda of a new player to the game. I've played in a couple of torunaments with my frineds and I would like to learn more about how to build my decks and about what kind of decks there are. I have a Dark Riku level 3, sora level 1, and riku level 2 player cards. I don't have any ultra rare cards (yet) and I really don't want to list everything I have. However I have almost 200 cards. So if somebody could help me with this that would be great.

1) this belongs in the Gummi Garage.

2) Which Archtype do you want to use? Light or Dark?

3) Without a list of cards, it'd be hard to advise. Ummm..Parasite Cage and Behemoth are good no matter what deck. Riku's need Soul Eaters.

i'm a new player too, haven't been building decks, just collecting since no one around me plays that i found yet

Well, that depends on what TYPE of deck that you want to run. There are 2 ways to win a game of Kingdom Hearts so there are, naturally, 2 basic deck builds:

Aggro:
This deck focuses on driving you opponent's HP down to 0 before he does so to you or moves to 13 levels of worlds. This requires things to stall your opponent. Great cards are:
Stopga Level 6 (Magic)
Huey, Dewey, and Louie Level 0 (Friend)
Soul Eater (Attack)
and really any card that stalls your opponent, giving you the chance to inflict 1-2 damage each turn without him gaining HP.

World Racer:
This deck focuses on racing to 13 levels of worlds before you opponent does so or takes you down to 0 HP. This requires you to get out of tight spaces quickly and be able to defeat Dark cards on your world. Good cards are:
WORLDS

demonofturks said:

Well, that depends on what TYPE of deck that you want to run. There are 2 ways to win a game of Kingdom Hearts so there are, naturally, 2 basic deck builds:

Aggro:
This deck focuses on driving you opponent's HP down to 0 before he does so to you or moves to 13 levels of worlds. This requires things to stall your opponent. Great cards are:
Stopga Level 6 (Magic)
Huey, Dewey, and Louie Level 0 (Friend)
Soul Eater (Attack)
and really any card that stalls your opponent, giving you the chance to inflict 1-2 damage each turn without him gaining HP.

World Racer:
This deck focuses on racing to 13 levels of worlds before you opponent does so or takes you down to 0 HP. This requires you to get out of tight spaces quickly and be able to defeat Dark cards on your world. Good cards are:
WORLDS

Actually that would have been correct before set 3. However no longer is that true. Stopra is too easy to gimp. Duck Bros you don't see much any more with more field control cards.

Soul Eater
Sephiroth

are the main cards...other than Aggro vs Aggro because who can control the field better.

Yes please read topics in the Gummi Garage to get a good understanding of decks and the game in general, there are discussions about archetypes, goal focusing, friend builds etc. in there. It does have some good info..

Stopga has pretty much always been bad...Stopra is better but even that is easy to gimp unless you Moogle to D. Isles>King>Don lvl 4>Stopra...

Ducks are eaten alive by Monstro, Pinocchio and HaW (...kinda...)

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Yes please read topics in the Gummi Garage to get a good understanding of decks and the game in general, there are discussions about archetypes, goal focusing, friend builds etc. in there. It does have some good info..

Stopga has pretty much always been bad...Stopra is better but even that is easy to gimp unless you Moogle to D. Isles>King>Don lvl 4>Stopra...

Ducks are eaten alive by Monstro, Pinocchio and HaW (...kinda...)

I can never keep up as well as you, Lawliet. I just got what that name means! You do look like L! I still have your signed card from Gen Con lol

I'll say this much, as a result of play testing and talking with Roxas_Lawliet or even reading his posts, I've come to the following conclusions about the set three decks styles and tricks.

1) Search - No secert here but cards like The King, Wendy and The Mayor, to name the big ones, search either a specific or any card thus taking one card that you need and also making you one card closer to the recycle. D Isle is another for lvl 0 (ie search cards, C&D, Tidus). I'm iffy on The Goof (Goofy lvl 4) but he can pull Ulitma Weapon/Oathkeeper/Soul Eater/ Oblivion to name the common ones that I use (other than Ulitma). Godmother is a new one and I don't like this one for the sole purpose of you fetch the Magic Friend, but if you have no other caster you wasted that and now you're holding it in you hand

Summary
D Isle, Search Cards are great
Goofy lvl 4 is alright
The Don > Godmother

2) Draw - This is pretty much the same as set 2. Bambi lvl 3 (and the addition of Bambi lvl 1) Cid, and new to the game Ultima Weapon. Stopra has lost it's shine. A not so secert detail to this game is that you can overdraw (get to this later).

Summary
Drawing is good, but don't overdraw.

3) Control
Phil/Wizard = Magic
Sebastion/Atlantica = Attack
Simba/Monstro/Behemoth, etc = Friend
Owl = Magical Friend
Ducks = Hand
Pooh lvl 1 = Player

Starting from the top Phil has become more commonly played because he gimps magic (Stopra, Cura, -aga), I added Cura for dark decks (more on that in a minute). Stopra was highly played during the reign of set two, it got a D Isle back in the game to get that SS card. Sadly it's day is done. Barrel Spider is more common now (or it should be) and Inivisible also benefit from Phil. Wizard is in there for the DD.

Sebastion....my Soul Eaters HATE this card Sebastion or Atlantica spell trouble for that wonderful -2 feeling when you play a Soul Eater.

Friend Denail is basically what Aggro will become...Once you and your opponent have Sephiroth out it's down to who can deny the friends best. or who gets rid of Sephy first. Simba/Monstro lvl1/Behemoth/ Parasite Cage/Graviga/Tidus all are exceptable ways. Darkside is a way to clear them all out
Sidenote: Alice is NOT i repeat NOT a good source of friend denail. I feel like I've been saying this since I seen it with my only eyes, everyone's high opinion of Alice needs to stop. Think your Cloud and Sephy for my Tidus...2 for 1 is not always a great thing and thats what Alice is ..
example, you play Alice and have The Mayor on the field so you discard Mr. Mayor after his loyal service. Next turn D Isle to pull Tidus and then they use Tidus to kill Alice..You have lost Mr. Mayor and Alice (2) for the price of Tidus (a 79 cent card). I want more bang for my buck and Alice just does not do that.

Owl has become a pain in many sides..Stops the Simba game, stops Bambi, stops Tinker Bell. It's worth it if you're play few magical friends.

Duck Bros...unlike the Mario Bros are done and roasted. Monstro lvl 1/Darkside kill them all.

Player Control.....maybe have been the weirdest idea I've heard of and I've tested it....no.

Summary
Phil +
Owl +
Simba/ Behemoth +
Sebastion +

Pooh lvl 1 -
Alice -
Duck Bros - R.I.P.

4) DD (Dark Decks)

I played this only with Dark Riku and only aggro and there are a few reasons why I dont run it or a Dark Racer.

1) No Answers - Any player with a Dark Racer should, and probably will, cry at the sight of Sleath Sneak. There is NO way to get rid of them and you're forced to escape. This also holds true with a Phil + Invisible or Behemoth is a nasty sight and probably have the same effect..you're friends are going to the D Card Pile.

2) Ansem - I could write a book on why I hate this card...but for the sake of space I'm not going to. He's too slow because of he's level. No Attack Cards, Phil gimps the Magic game. Dark Riku plus Soul Eater kills him. Dark Riku is better for the aggro game.

3) Light Players - The lack of dark abilities like Simba, Cid and Beast just don't cut it.

Summary
Great for fun decks,competive?...........MEDIC!!!!

5) Sephiroth and Cloud

Board Presence is needed in this game and until this set you have only Leon who did jack squat for Board Presences for Aggro or World Rush. Cloud and Sephiroth provide it. You'll find one or the other in most decks.

Summary
Nessicary? No, but they help alot.

6) Worlds

Neverland lvl 2.......so underestimated. "No Dark Limit DOES NOT mean No Level Limit"
Monstro lvl 1 is golden
D Castle is good, the draw and a Dark Card Sheild. - NEVER PLAY FIRST TURN.
D Isle is still good.
Atlatica is great for stopping Soul Eater for a turn.
Deep Jungle is good with the addition of lvl 1 Dumbo.
Hundred Acre Woods - Good for hand control which is lacking since the Ducks are gone for the winter.
Traverse Town lvl 3 I prefere to Wonderland lvl 3 or Halloween Town lvl 3....but it's great if you were stalled and need to play ketchup or off of D Castle for the game.

Thats about it..it's late so I cut it short either because it slipped my mind or I'm just tired enough to forget. I cut Cloud and Sephiroth short because we've had this discusion in Hallow Bastion