Poe's Fortress

By Kleeg005, in X-Wing Squad Lists

I'mma go nuts and take this to the shop tonight. 'Cause I haven't even thought about trying a StarFortress in the absolute longest time, but maybe Concussion Bombs will help. And Overdrive Poe is a hoot! The idea being that ATP might help the Fortresses a little, and are wicked cheap. And I can use the Prox Mines to interrupt the Concussion drops when needed. Anybody have any general modifications to the list? I *really* want to keep Overdrive Poe, and I *really* want to fly two bombing Fortresses, although I have made the list with a pair of gunship Fortresses as well....

Poe's Fortress of Bombitude

Poe Dameron (67)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Overdrive Thruster (6)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Ship total: 78 Half Points: 39 Threshold: 4

Cobalt Squadron Bomber (51)
Automated Target Priority (1)
Concussion Bombs (3)
Proximity Mines (6)
Ship total: 61 Half Points: 31 Threshold: 6

Concussion Bombs (3)
Proximity Mines (6)
Ship total: 61 Half Points: 31 Threshold: 6

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z231X172W5WW345W175W171WY260XW348WWWW355W70WY260XW348WWWW355W70W&sn=Poe Fortress&obs=

Poe's Gunship Fortress

Poe Dameron (67)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Overdrive Thruster (6)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Ship total: 78 Half Points: 39 Threshold: 4

Veteran Turret Gunner (7)
Ship total: 59 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 6

Veteran Turret Gunner (7)
Ship total: 59 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 6

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z231X172W5WW345W175W171WY260XW348WW90WWWWY260XW348WW90WWWW&sn=Poe Fortress&obs=

Edited by Kleeg005

I like it! I had a similar list with 2 bombers and Lulo waaay early in 2.0 I won a game with once.

I actually really like the VTG list, just throw a ton of red dice and bank calculates for days. And then you could start having Focus/Calculate to mod both shots.

If you do go bombs, w hat about swapping the Proxes out for Traj Sim? I feel like only dropping bombs out the back is easy to dodge from a slower, large base ship. But especially w/Sep swarms, Traj Sim could do work. And if you need to 0 stop to not get hit by your own bomb, you could still get mods from banked calculates?

I mean, VTG is probably the more competitive way to go. In fact, I'm sure it is; I just love bombs. I would prefer to have Finch and Edon in the list, with all the trimmings, but then I can't fit Poe. And I just have this feeling that maybe, just maybe, Overdrive Poe can work with the StarFortress in ways that I've not yet managed with A-Wings or Transports. I'm going to take both lists, I guess - it's only a couple cards different after all - but I really want bombs to work with the StarFortress (outside of Finch).

Well, the FLGS was unexpectedly closed. So perhaps I'll try this on the kitchen table tomorrow.

Put the Bombs list on the table against Sabine/2xBlack Sun Assassins/TPV with AutoMarksmanship. It was an interesting test, even if it was just me playing against the voices inside my head. Poe was...fun..again. First engagement, he one-shotted the Scyk, then lost his shields to an unmodded, R3, obstructed shot from an Assassin. Wild. The bombers dropped nine of their ten bombs, and only self-damaged once when Sabine managed somehow to avoid the ProxMine, leaving it for Poe - but true to form for me, it only did one damage, so no worries. Game ended with a one-hull Assassin chasing down a four-hull Bomber, getting the R1/Predator dream shot with a blank-out on defense. ATP was solid on the Bombers, contributed at least three points of damage, and they were always happy to shoot at whatever they could get; but having the choice of firing the front arc versus the side arcs did come up at least once that I can remember. Veteran Turret Gunner would have been useful in almost every turn of combat, though; and would almost certainly have resulted in more damage. I have considered one of each, but I feel that would lack the necessary critical mass for the bombs to have any effect. I will try the gunship version, but my heart's not really in it. It's just so sad that this bomber is so bad at bombing (outside of Epic, where it rocks!).

I do have a lovely Scum bombing list. Guess I'll just have to stick to that to scratch that particular itch.