New Separatist article

By Formynder4, in Star Wars: Armada

24 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Kraken is „close to medium range“ only. Won‘t help for long-range HIE.

I feel a bit sad that all cards we saw yet (save Munition Resupply) are CW-only.

I’m really hoping this doesn’t change. Those that don’t have interest in clone wars shouldn’t be forced to buy $100 starters for upgrade cards.

18 hours ago, redleader002 said:

I was intending it to be only for the muni. That bit you mentioned about weakening a salvo has peaked my interest. I’d always assumed that dice pool altering cards like Spinal Armament wouldn’t affect salvo, but if they do my opinion on salvo has just greatly improved.

18 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I wouldn't get too excited there. Salvo's rules say you can't add dice to them, I'm pretty sure that removing dice via obstruction or other effects is still fully on the table XP

I don't think SWB will alter your salvo dice b/c SWB says "while you attack from an adjacent hull zone" and salvo attacks use your printed rear armament but do not originate from a hull zone. Salvo also only uses LOS & range from the original attack and ignores firing arcs.

27 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Kraken is „close to medium range“ only. Won‘t help for long-range HIE.

I feel a bit sad that all cards we saw yet (save Munition Resupply) are CW-only.

Kraken checks for another ship to be at close-medium range of the defender, not the attacker. To my understanding its basically like Sato, but your ships are spotting instead of squadrons.

They have cards usually being sold on eBay. End of the day, though, businesses need to make money and if the best way to keep getting new expansions and cards is by putting them in a starter box, guess I'm buying a starter box.

By restricting a lot of the cards to CW factions only, it helps them establish a new and separate identity, right off the bat.

Edited by Formynder4
1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Kraken checks for another ship to be at close-medium range of the defender, not the attacker. To my understanding its basically like Sato, but your ships are spotting instead of squadrons.

Okay you‘re right: Card text says „while a friendly ship is attacking a ship, if another friendly ship is at close-medium range of the defender“

So you need to have two ships in attack range and at least one of them at close-medium range to trigger Kraken, but you may change a die at long range. Thanks for clarifying!

Not funny anymore @Formynder4 ...

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Not funny anymore @Formynder4 ...

Don't worry, I'm sure that there'll be one tomorr... Oh, wait...

THis is a very ffg armada support style 'blitz'.

2 minutes ago, Ophion said:

"We're giving you more than one article within the span of a month. NOW BUZZ OFF! We got X-wing and Legion to develop."

31 minutes ago, Ophion said:

Again 2 articles in a month would be extremely blitzey for Armada. I think we will get at least one more (not too much of a stretch). We might even get one for the squadrons too!.

What I am really waiting on is the new RRG and the Card Errata.

2 hours ago, Ophion said:

I agree.

I think a lot of us assumed that the "Armada Blitz" meant a week-long event with a new Armada article dropping Monday to Friday. Now it seems like it's once a week on Mondays, with a teaser on social media the previous Thursday or Friday.

Hardly a blitz, but more love than FFG usually gives Armada, so I guess we can't complain.

14 hours ago, Captain Corvid said:

I agree.

I think a lot of us assumed that the "Armada Blitz" meant a week-long event with a new Armada article dropping Monday to Friday. Now it seems like it's once a week on Mondays, with a teaser on social media the previous Thursday or Friday.

Hardly a blitz, but more love than FFG usually gives Armada, so I guess we can't complain.

Oh, we CAN complain. We usually do! I mean it's the internet ...

On 11/14/2020 at 11:00 AM, Captain Corvid said:

I agree.

I guess thats 3 more articles then? So that may be 1 for each remaining ship, but that doesnt leave room for 2 squadron packs let alone the 1.5 update. So we may pick up a few more if release on the 4th is the idea.