Scum / Mercenary Faction

By buckero0, in Star Wars: Legion

Alot of people seem very concerned about different subfactions. As some have said realism is already at the brink when we have Jyn and Luke battling General grevious. IMO they should follow the same route they did with imperial assault and xwing and make scum more or less an etc. Getting models and rules for cool units I want is more important to me that rule informed realism because Hutts arn't likely to team up with Sand people.

1 hour ago, Lukez said:

Alot of people seem very concerned about different subfactions. As some have said realism is already at the brink when we have Jyn and Luke battling General grevious. IMO they should follow the same route they did with imperial assault and xwing and make scum more or less an etc. Getting models and rules for cool units I want is more important to me that rule informed realism because Hutts arn't likely to team up with Sand people.

Just over here waiting for some weird, gungan, Ewok, Tusken combo.

@Lukez It's not just about what we want realism wise, there is also the issue of what Disney will approve. IA, like X-Wing wasn't as bound by canon, so FFG could get away with a lot more. Now it seems everything needs prior approval.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:21 AM, True_Fire said:

I think a scum&villainy faction would be a lot of fun and has lots of content to mine from. But I just can’t fathom WHY they would wage war with the other factions. Scum is often portrayed in conflict with one another and now they suddenly all band together to wage war(!?) on the empire or CIS? I find it so ridiculous that I don’t really want to see them appear at all.

You are looking at it wrong.

I'll say it again: Legion is not portraying an entire war. There is no campaign system, no capturing territories, no greater conflict. Just individual raids/battles.

The criminal faction could be trying to steal supplies from the Rebels, exchanging hostages with the CIS (we see Hondo try something similar in the Clone Wars cartoon while in charge of a group of pirates large enough to be a Legion army), trying to intercept an important transmission from the Republic, trying to prevent the Empire from sabotaging moisture evaporators, etc. We also see criminal elements band together when it is advantageous to do so, such as the Shadow Collective in Clone Wars, or even when the Empire shows up to interrupt a spice exchange.

Each game isn't necessarily part of some larger war, just like with X-Wing.

19 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Just over here waiting for some weird, gungan, Ewok, Tusken combo.

Listen, All I want is to make a Jawa/droid army!

4 hours ago, Lukez said:

Listen, All I want is to make a Jawa/droid army!

Bounty hunters and Tusken Raiders are cool, but this is exactly what I would want to play. I had a lot of fun playing all Droid and all Beast lists in Imperial Assault.