Urgent clarification on how to deal critical damage

By topacesteve, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello !!! i had a ship damaged with Hull Breach and after a new attack and neutralize results step i got a new HIT, HIT, CRIT.

So i got a CRIT , CRIT , CRIT instead. But upon opening the middle Crit, i revealed a FUEL LEAK which activates ...AFTER I SUFFER 1 CRITICAL DAMAGE.

So the question is....when this effect takes place....in the next Critival Damage card i reveal or on a Subsequent Attack when i defend again?

My Ywing had only one hull left but by taking the Middle Crit as a Fuel Leak we played the text for the 3rd Crit (i hadnt applied yet)

next card dealt. damage is suffered one at a time.

45 minutes ago, meffo said:

next card dealt. damage is suffered one at a time.

thank you i got it all wrong

Yup... all damage is suffered sequentially, one at a time, resolving any triggers off of that damage in turn. In your case, you started with an active Hull Breach, facing 2 hits and a crit...

1. You suffer the first Hit, which becomes a Crit due to Hull Breach. Let's assume it was nothing immediately relevant (Damaged Engine, Blinded Pilot, etc).
  2. You suffer the second Hit, which becomes a Crit due to Hull Breach. In this case, it's a Fuel Leak. The damage card is dealt, and you move on.
  3. You suffer the last damage, Crit. When you suffer it, you first suffer all of the bad stuff on the card (taking stress for Panicked Pilot, or another damage card for Direct Hit). Then, after suffering that damage, Fuel Leak triggers.
    1. You suffer one hit from Fuel Leak, which Hull Breach ALSO flips face up. If that crit were, for example, a Direct Hit... you would be suffering ANOTHER damage, which Hull Breach would ALSO cause to be suffered as a crit.

It's important to note that Hull Breach treats every damage that you SUFFER as a critical damage... damage cards that are DEALT to you (via Seyn Marana, Concussion Bombs, or other similar means) are not considered to be "suffered damage," and therefore do not react to Hull Breach.