Bertie Botts BBeans (Rebels Hyperspace BBBB)

By Spinland, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Okay: so, a kitchen table build.

I just wanted to see what could fit into a BBBB list restricted to HS. Managed to fit in double-taps with a couple of different ways to get a lock or a path to a double-mod. Marksmanship because I had the points and in a range-1 knife fight the bullseyes might not be impossible to get.

Just thonk and shoot lots and hang in there as long as possible.

Blade Squadron Veteran (42)
Marksmanship (1)
Passive Sensors (2)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Ship total: 50 Half Points: 25 Threshold: 4

Marksmanship (1)
Passive Sensors (2)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Marksmanship (1)
Passive Sensors (2)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Marksmanship (1)
Passive Sensors (2)
Autoblasters (3)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Total: 200

Seems solid.

Just really good efficiency, though maybe it could be useful to give two of them tractor beams over autoblasters. You can reduce agility and maybe move the enemy into your bullseyes

I’ve been curious about something involving the new sync’d cannons. While, yes the config wants a lock and the cannons want the calculate, I think you can be flexible having both options. I’d probably want to deny range bonus over two extra-modded shots at range 3, but I’d take the lock at R1. Since you can’t fit 4, give two tractors and have them take locks to set up the others. I dunno. Gotta do some math before I’m confident in this:

(41) Blue Squadron Pilot [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(3) Tractor Beam
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Passive Sensors

(3) Tractor Beam
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Passive Sensors

(6) Synced Laser Cannons
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Passive Sensors

(6) Synced Laser Cannons
(2) Stabilized S-foils
(2) Passive Sensors

Total points: 198

Don’t really play Rebels, but this thread deserves a +1 just for the title, awesome work.

If you are taking a one slot cannon, there is nothing stopping you from taking a Jamming Beam in the other slot. And it can shift a so so exchange into your favour against Reinforcing low Agility targets.

I honestly think, that a Jamming Beam plus Ion Cannon on someone like Braylen or Ten is just hilariously potent control double tap. Once it goes off, you sit on their tail and dakka dakka for as long as you like.

As for the proposed build, I'd swap marksmanship for the new Deadeye Shot. Sometimes you roll that one Crit on a R3 shot and I think it's better to spend it than to let the enemy roll Defence. Then again having it for the Autoblasters is very useful. Another option could be the Selfless, although I really think the talent should work on both Hits and Crits.

Lastly I would swap Passives for FCS. Passives are cool, but low Initiative means you will be getting shots in without any mods. I'd rather engage at R3 with a Focus, especially since Autoblasters don't work at R3, than a Lock. Afterwards you can move and Lock, especially well with the Config linked actions and engage the double tap.

Thanks for all the great input! This started as kind of a throwaway proof of concept but I'm thinking it might be worth keeping around. The Jamming Beam idea would be great good fun except, alas, they're not HS legal.

Thanks again! 😎 🍺

9 hours ago, Spinland said:

Thanks for all the great input! This started as kind of a throwaway proof of concept but I'm thinking it might be worth keeping around. The Jamming Beam idea would be great good fun except, alas, they're not HS legal.

Thanks again! 😎 🍺

Oh my, I totally missed the Hyperspace tag 😅

The list is straight forward in my opinion. If going Autoblasters, grab Marksmanship and FCS. They don't work at R3 and you can grab Locks with a Roll > Lock to aim bullseye. That seems like the most viable thing to do with the Bees. Get in close and deliver pain.