Ant Man experiences

By darthweasel2, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

1 hour ago, IceHot42 said:

But even if that combo does not work the card is still pretty good in Thor with all the Heavy Damage he does

Yeah, I've been playing MoT as working with Overkill (I feel like that's the intent, otherwise just seems silly), but even so I've ended up killing a 1-HP minion with Thor's basic attack with 2 MoT's in hand and healing for an easy 4, on more than one occasion.

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, I've been playing MoT as working with Overkill (I feel like that's the intent, otherwise just seems silly), but even so I've ended up killing a 1-HP minion with Thor's basic attack with 2 MoT's in hand and healing for an easy 4, on more than one occasion.

Last Night Thor (played by my brother) played Get Over Here on a Hydra Recruit drawing two cards, followed by Hammer Throw for 1 + 7 with MoT, and then Chase Them down. Felt sloppy good just watching that beating from Natasha's PoV.

If an attack with overkill defeats a minion, excess damage from the attack (damage beyond the minion’s remaining hit points) is dealt to the villain.

I don't think it works with Overkill as the excess damage isn't dealt anymore to that ennemy.

Seems a bit OP for a 0 cost card otherwise.

1 hour ago, yuccaflo said:

I don't think it works with Overkill as the excess damage isn't dealt anymore to that ennemy.

No, moment of triumph definitely works with overkill. Same with Rocket's ablity "Murdered you!".

Edited by Venompuppy
Spelling error
On 11/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, darthweasel2 said:

he has a bigger learning curve than a lot of heroes but if you are thinking he is as situational weak as Thor...rethink man. You definitely have to tweak his deck and learn the power of flipping between hero forms but once you do...he is doing something of value almost every turn. It is rare indeed you have a "I have to flip down to alter ego and neither thwart nor fight this turn", I encourage you to tweak him a bit and keep rolling. You will soon find he is on or near top tier strength wise.

Side note, Thor, when put in a specific role, can be very, very powerful. If he has to get out of his lane...yeah, not so much but if you can build a true team he can work well

Ant-Man has played like a breeze so far, his ability to flip to tiny and Thwart 3 is pretty much on demand control of the schemes, and Giants 3+1 damage is superb. Once you get the ants out, forget it, you’re nigh unstoppable.

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

Ant-Man has played like a breeze so far, his ability to flip to tiny and Thwart 3 is pretty much on demand control of the schemes, and Giants 3+1 damage is superb. Once you get the ants out, forget it, you’re nigh unstoppable.

ants and Helmet I feel like are his key and the gauntlets are the icing on the cake...mmm....cake...

On 11/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, yuccaflo said:

A possible interpretation for sure, but a lot will depend on the ruling we get it.

The other possibility is essentially....

Just because the excess damage is dealt to another target does not preclude the excess damage from being excess damage.

...and apparently this has now been confirmed to be a valid combo by Boggs

Overkill applies whether or not the ally defends, but it just so happens that the most common way for an ally to get hit with an attack is by defending. So if we’re addressing that anyway, we’ll also make it clear that overkill and Moment of Triumph do combo.

-Boggs

https://hallofheroeslcg.com/official-ffg-rulings/

Good to know, and thanks for the link ^^