Combat Questions

By BenDay, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello Community,

Was hoping to get a rules confirmation on two things.

1. Ranged attacks can be used against adjacent (touching) targets with no penalty.

2. You can move away (from touching) an enemy without penalty (other than unique special rules).

Personally I feel like there should be penalties but it seems there are not. It is likely my own problem but if anyone has suggestions on houses rules that would be welcomed.

40 minutes ago, BenDay said:

Hello Community,

Was hoping to get a rules confirmation on two things.

1. Ranged attacks can be used against adjacent (touching) targets with no penalty.

2. You can move away (from touching) an enemy without penalty (other than unique special rules).

Personally I feel like there should be penalties but it seems there are not. It is likely my own problem but if anyone has suggestions on houses rules that would be welcomed.

1 - you still need to roll enough range to hit (1 range since the target is adjacent, but can be important in some cases with stealthy)

2 - touching dose not exists, this is adjacent. Yes, no penality from being adjacent.

Some games uses some, but not this one. The whole game is created without it in mind and changing this would really change the whole game experience as it will create many rules troubles, like most quests needs monsters or heroes to go from one point to another and having blocage change it all. Unless having a special custom hero with that ability, I'm not sore to have a solution

Thank you, yeah I think it is me wanting the game to be different. I appreciate your answer

Some skills and heroes can offert you some of this expérience : the thief can immobilize an adjacent monster, Shiver force monsters to lose more movement points, etc ...