Deflect

By Jim Naseum, in Rules

Just about everyone tells me you deflect using your own surges. Stupid. The laser bolts coming at you are from the attack dice. Why do you deflect your own surge when you use them to block?

I'm absolutely mystified as to what you are talking about. I think maybe you don't understand how Deflect works?

Yeah I'm not quite following myself?

To explain, Deflect gives you Surge to Block when defending, and for each Surge you rolled you "deflect" one "laser bolt"

In short, Deflect gives you better defense and a small chance to return damage to the attacking unit (if it's a ranged attack).

And it's most certainly the surges on the defense dice as clearly indicated on the keyword. It depicts the surge on defense dice icon which differs from the surge icon in attack dice.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:11 AM, Jim Naseum said:

Just about everyone tells me you deflect using your own surges. Stupid. The laser bolts coming at you are from the attack dice. Why do you deflect your own surge when you use them to block?

Because to be able to deflect something you have to block it first. The thing that in that case the defense surge result blocks 1 damage and makes 1 damage to the attacker represents the difficult and precise blocking with the lightsaber that can send the laser right back to the attacker. That's not an easy task and thus the 1/6 chance of doing it with every defense dice rolled.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jim Naseum said:

Perhaps you have a misunderstanding on deflect, you don’t loose your surge to block when you are spending your surges to deflect the attacks. You gaining the deflect on top of the surge to defense, you get the benefits of both.

Edited by Shadowhawk252