Doctor Aphra

By SuperTimo, in Star Wars: Legion

Hi all, just sharing one of my ideas

Would absolutely love to see Doctor Aphra as an operative for the empire. Not totally crazy as she has worked with Vader in the comics and is not op. Lots of potential I think and definitely a character with a lot of depth

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chelli_Lona_Aphra

Edited by SuperTimo

She will sooner or later. She is in the art work of the force barrier upgrade.

I cannot say I am very interested in her as a character.

She might add secret mission to the empire though, which would be kind of a big deal.

If they ever make an operative that can play for Empire and Rebels, she'd be it. She's worked for both sides on more than one occasion in the comics.

I want this more for 0-0-0 and BT-1. They are easily the best part of the Aphira arc of comics. Go-Go murder bots!

2 hours ago, irdonny said:

I want this more for 0-0-0 and BT-1. They are easily the best part of the Aphira arc of comics. Go-Go murder bots!

yeah, she's alright for Outer Rim play, but 000 and BT1 are the real show-stealers. They are the Go-To for Imperial Assault and X-Wing and should definately fit in Legion

I suspect she coming next wave. She is on Force Barrier artwork and Kallus lacks a flaw card. She is perfect choice to give Empire a flaw card character.

Edited by MajorSmexy
9 hours ago, buckero0 said:

yeah, she's alright for Outer Rim play, but 000 and BT1 are the real show-stealers. They are the Go-To for Imperial Assault and X-Wing and should definately fit in Legion

In x-wing I love putting them with Vader on a Decimator. But no Aphra in x-wing so far. Hopefully Legion doesn't miss out too and only put in the bots (though I'm sure the bots alone would be fairly strong). Plus like @M.Mustermann said, they would be a great point for secret mission to come to empire.

Dang. Now I really want her/them in Legion. Lol

2 hours ago, irdonny said:

In x-wing I love putting them with Vader on a Decimator. But no Aphra in x-wing so far. Hopefully Legion doesn't miss out too and only put in the bots (though I'm sure the bots alone would be fairly strong). Plus like @M.Mustermann said, they would be a great point for secret mission to come to empire.

Dang. Now I really want her/them in Legion. Lol

imagine a unit that hits like an AT-ST but has the health of R2-D2, that is BT1 and 0-0-0 is basically the one touch kill Protocol droid with his poison injectors in his fingers.

I can imagine them having inconspicous and running as a counterpart duo with 0-0-0 as the leader but similar health/defense as R2 and 3PO

Edited by 5particus
spelling

I really want Aphra in Legion. But she is a character for a scum faction through and through. Honestly, making Aphra imperial would be a disservice to the character. In the comics she spends most of her time trying to avoid the Empire's attention and only served the Empire in secret and unwillingly as Vader pressed her into his service. That is also the reason they made 0-0-0 and BT-1 in X-Wing only usable in imperial squads with Vader in it. Because the droids and Aphra are never associated with the Empire in any way outside of being in Vader's service as the Dark Lord went rogue for a while.

Edited by Decarior
15 hours ago, oreet said:

If they ever make an operative that can play for Empire and Rebels, she'd be it. She's worked for both sides on more than one occasion in the comics.

Hondo Ohnaka would like a word with you.

22 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Or ten. And some of them might even be true.

52 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

If they ever make an operative that can play for any faction, he'd be it.

2 hours ago, 5particus said:

imagine a unit that hits like an AT-ST but has the health of R2-D2, that is BT1 and 0-0-0 is basically the one touch kill Protocol droid with his poison injectors in his fingers.

I can imagine them having inconspicous and running as a counterpart duo with 0-0-0 as the leader but similar health/defense as R2 and 3PO

Actually, I would want a type of reverse or more aggressive R2 and 3PO

000 could remove green tokens from units at range 1-2

BT1 could have Pierce & Poison and inconspicuous and a short range 1 attack with a mix of black and red dice.

Droids could be Imperial

Aphra should be Scum, but if you take Vader, you can include her as an Operative (hopefully, they will have buffed Vader by the end of the month)

Edited by buckero0
On 11/10/2020 at 4:57 AM, Decarior said:

I really want Aphra in Legion. But she is a character for a scum faction through and through. Honestly, making Aphra imperial would be a disservice to the character. In the comics she spends most of her time trying to avoid the Empire's attention and only served the Empire in secret and unwillingly as Vader pressed her into his service. That is also the reason they made 0-0-0 and BT-1 in X-Wing only usable in imperial squads with Vader in it. Because the droids and Aphra are never associated with the Empire in any way outside of being in Vader's service as the Dark Lord went rogue for a while.

Generally speaking I agree, but I dont think it would be a disservice to put her in the empire. Like when the Slave 1 in x-wing was relegated to scum when the faction came out, and now Jango is in Seperatists with cards available for scum, that cross over wouldn't be unrealistic. She did do work in service of the empire (even if it was Vader's personal missions) and with Bossk and Boba already in Empire, until another faction came out, I think it would fit in just fine.

@irdonny I think it comes down to when they would decide to release her. If she is released after a Scum faction is added, then it makes sense to primarily add her to the Scum faction, perhaps with a special rule allowing her to be included in an Empire army that includes Darth Vader.

No scum faction out yet would mean Empire is really the best faction for her.

Well, as in their other games, they may not release Aphra for a while, but release her companions in crime 000 and BT1. They would fit in the empire and be a counterpart to R2D2 and 3P0 which is one of the best 50pts you can buy in the game, but only 2 factions have access to it.

I think that Aphra would be great for the Empire if only to give them a character with some real personality. I love playing Empire, but it is certainly the faction with the least personality!

2 hours ago, evo454 said:

I think that Aphra would be great for the Empire if only to give them a character with some real personality. I love playing Empire, but it is certainly the faction with the least personality!

I don't get how they have any less "personality" than any other faction. They have the same number of characters, and I don't see any way of interpreting the word "personality" so that they don't have just as much as all of their counterparts in the other factions.

5 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I don't get how they have any less "personality" than any other faction. They have the same number of characters, and I don't see any way of interpreting the word "personality" so that they don't have just as much as all of their counterparts in the other factions.

I'll admit that I can't really explain my opinion there. I love my empire army, but for some reason it just feels like I don't have as many "Look at my cool and unique units!" as I have for my Republic army or my buddies have for their Rebel armies. I will go ahead state that this is probably just my own lack of creativity with painting. (and lack of skill with a brush!)

How do you pronounce her name?

Af-ra or App-r-ah?

Just now, drail14me said:

How do you pronounce her name?

Af-ra or App-r-ah?

"Ph" is pronounced like "f," so the first one.

51 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Or, since it's a proper noun, perhaps it's pronounced "Av-ra", with the ph as in "Stephen".

Or maybe it's a compound word, like "uphold", or "uphill".

(I'm kidding, but English is funny like that. Thankfully it wasn't a gh, or the debate would never end.)

2 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I agree and that’s how I’ve pronounced it since her first comic appearance. However, I was recently corrected by someone claiming it was pronounced App-r-ah.

7 minutes ago, drail14me said:

I agree and that’s how I’ve pronounced it since her first comic appearance. However, I was recently corrected by someone claiming it was pronounced App-r-ah.

is the first name pronounced Chelli? as in Shelley? or Keely (in case I run into her)

2 hours ago, drail14me said:

I don't see why it would be pronounced that way, and don't know how they could find out if it was. Did you ask them for a source? Especially given it's just a written medium and we don't get to hear it said, the only reasonable thing is to pronounce it according to the most common rules of English.

edit: I did a little bit of research, and one of the stories in From a Certain Point of View ("The Trigger") features Aphra. If anyone has the audiobook I guess that could be considered relatively authoritative in terms of how to pronounce it.

Edited by arnoldrew