Effective Aspects of Ant-Man?

By BCumming, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

What Aspects or combos are you playing or want to test with him? I'm going to try Leadership with the new cards and Goliath to have the size-changing allies all together but other than that I don't feel he really has any particular synergy there. His Justice card is neat so I may try that next, then switch him to Aggression when Janet Wasp comes out in Nadia Wasp's pack.

He really wants to change form at least once per turn. Arguably he wants to use that to change between Giant and Tiny and not alter ego, so Protection (focused on keeping him hero as long as possible) seems like a pretty good idea.

I could see Leadership focused on cheap Avenger allies and using Earth’s Mightest Heroes to ready him more to take advantage of how high you can get his ATK with both copies of Giant Strength and form changing cards.

My first game with the Ant-Man pack, I've decided, will be Iron Man Leadership + Ant-Man Aggression vs Ultron.

Iron Man finally gets some tech in a new aspect to play around with! :D He's one of my favorite heroes to play, so I'm pumped about that. As for Aggression Ant-Man, it's a kindof janky build concept, but I really want to try it out. πŸ˜… (Spoiler tag bc it's based on a card that was never officially revealed)

Ant-Man's Giant Strength upgrade gives him +1 ATK until end of turn when he flips into Giant form. He has two copies of this event. If you manage to get both copies of Resize, or one copy of Resize and the Team-Up card (while Wasp is in play), you can use your normal flip and those two cards to enter Giant form twice in one turn. This would give him +2 ATK twice over, making his Giant ATK value 7(!!!).

So my goal is to build an upgrade-and-Ally-heavy deck, thin Ant-Man's deck a ton, use Hall of Heroes for some extra card draw if necessary, and try to see if I can't get an 8 ATK turn (with Combat Training). If it works well, maybe I'll get multiple such turns! Then again, in two player, Ultron can only take so much damage πŸ˜† So maybe I'll have to include a modular with one or more big minions.

As for which aspect he'll do best with? I don't honestly have any strong opinions. I think I've seen people talking protection for him, since he has a decent amount of healing from his helmet and Pym Particles in Giant form, plus a good DEF stat in Giant I believe? So that could be fun.

Edited by SpiderMana
3 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

My first game with the Ant-Man pack, I've decided, will be Iron Man Leadership + Ant-Man Aggression vs Ultron.

Iron Man finally gets some tech in a new aspect to play around with! :D He's one of my favorite heroes to play, so I'm pumped about that. As for Aggression Ant-Man, it's a kindof janky build concept, but I really want to try it out. πŸ˜… (Spoiler tag bc it's based on a card that was never officially revealed)

As for which aspect he'll do best with? I don't honestly have any strong opinions. I think I've seen people talking protection for him, since he has a decent amount of healing from his helmet and Pym Particles in Giant form, plus a good DEF stat in Giant I believe? So that could be fun.

Get some Earth's Mightiest Heroes in that Ant-Man deck! Protection Giant sounds neat too.