(43) "Countdown" [TIE/sk Striker]

(30) Seyn Marana [TIE/ln Fighter]
(1) Marksmanship

(30) Gideon Hask [TIE/ln Fighter]

(37) Major Rhymer [TIE/sa Bomber]
(3) Concussion Bombs
(8) Barrage Rockets

Total points: 199

It strikes me that Rampage makes a really strong setup man for a mid-initiative Imperial list. Jumping him in to strain an enemy, then using his Tractor Beam to reduce the opponent’s agility seems like a strong play, and should allow the rest of the squad to pretty well rip into the opponent.

I like that I was able to fit in five ships total, and that they all have i4, giving me an open activation order. I like the Hask/Marana combo, and I generally like the idea of having all i4’s, but I’m open to suggestions over Rhymer and Countdown. I thought about going full Inferno Squadron, but wanted more beef than TIE/lns can offer.

Thoughts?

Rampage's ability is quite nice when you get it to go off. I recently had success with the following.

(39) "Rampage" [TIE/rb Heavy]
(6) Synched Cannon
(2) Maneuver-Assist MGK-300
(3) Hull Upgrade

(36) Sabre Squadron Ace [TIE/in Interceptor]
(1) Ruthless

(1) Ruthless

(27) Scimitar Squadron Pilot [TIE/sa Bomber]
(3) Concussion Bombs
(8) Multi Missile Pod

(3) Concussion Bombs
(8) Multi Missile Pod

3 hours ago, Asaverino1019 said:

Rampage's ability is quite nice when you get it to go off. I recently had success with the following.

(39) "Rampage" [TIE/rb Heavy]
(6) Synched Cannon
(2) Maneuver-Assist MGK-300
(3) Hull Upgrade

(1) Ruthless

(1) Ruthless

(3) Concussion Bombs
(8) Multi Missile Pod

(3) Concussion Bombs
(8) Multi Missile Pod

Nice. Did you find your Bombers had a hard time getting locks at low initiative? I’m tempted to try Multi-Missile Pods, but the Focus for Barrage Rockets seems so much more reliable.

No, but I was flying against a list of mainly I2 ships. Since MMP is range 1-2 with the wide arc, I don't think getting locks will be an issue for low initiative carriers. They won't be able to use the missiles on an initial range 3 engagement, but they will be hard to dodge in the next round.

15 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

I’m open to suggestions over Rhymer and Countdown.

It's super boring, but 5th Bro, 7th Sis are obvious excellence at that price. But as much as I like those 2, I'm also a big Rhymer fan.

Rhymer with just APT and Vermeil would be my more interesting and less obvious suggestion. Coord Rhymer at key points and you have a a very threatening pair of ships. I ran both with Kestal and Echo a fair while ago and they can do some real neat activation switches with that coord. Just a matter of working around the stress.