New slave 1 title and Krassis Trelix

By Mistahquinn, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I may be being over pedantic, but would you be able to use krassis' ability in conjugation with the new slave 1 title? The title specifies a "front arc attack" and krassis allows you to perform "a front arc special attacks from the rear arc" so technically speaking, you have met the front arc condition, as krassis allows this to be met for the special attack but from the rear. Am I just over thinking it? swz82_a1_upgrade_slave1.png latest?cb=20180703035219

Judging by how Outmaneuver has been ruled that it works with Krassis, I'd say yes. But I do not think those were FFG "official" rulings, but rather premier level judges that ruled in favor of it working.

18 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Judging by how Outmaneuver has been ruled that it works with Krassis, I'd say yes. But I do not think those were FFG "official" rulings, but rather premier level judges that ruled in favor of it working.

Yep, we're still waiting on an Official Ruling on it.

On 11/1/2020 at 10:10 AM, Mistahquinn said:

latest?cb=20180703035219

The joy of fandom ******* with things... For linking images from fandom sites you need to cut everything past the image format, ie ".png", ".bmp" or ".gif", out of the linking url.

Dammit... Fandom is ******* with **** again. Can't get to the ref image of the card to link it now...

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Dammit... Fandom is ******* with **** again. Can't get to the ref image of the card to link it now...

That's why I link to the FFG Squad Builder. It's the one thing the official builder is good for.

Card_Pilot_153.png

14 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

It's the one thing the official builder is good for.

The search system sucks ***.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

The search system sucks ***.

You called?

Card_Upgrade_138.png

Just now, emeraldbeacon said:

You called?

Card_Upgrade_138.png

Good pun, not a bad ability.

Oh that's good to hear, here's the planned list so far:

Krassis trelix- fire spray

Slave 1 title (new)

Greedo gunner

Autoblasters cannon

Cluster missiles

Outmanouever

False transponder codes illicit

Han solo- customized yt-1300

Swarm tactics (So greedo is on side)

Jabba the hutt crew (to restore transponder charge)

Probably fill the rest with escape craft with tactical officer, to give The firespray a second action

Edited by Mistahquinn
Further idea for list

I think the big question is, is there anything that would make the new Slave 1 good on Krassis? The only options that really look appealing on her (with that loadout) are missiles; none of the cannons are particularly noteworthy (Ion, Tractor, and Jamming have no benefit for the extra Slave 1 crit, and Autoblasters are a distinct downgrade from the primary weapon), and Snap Shot can't be modified anyway.

And when you look at the 6 possible missiles, three of them (Ion, Mag-Pulse, and Thread Tracers) don't care about the crit either. Regarding Homing Missiles, your opponent will probably gladly take 1 damage rather than face 4 dice with modifiers. That leaves the unimpressive 3-dice attacks from Cluster or Concussion Missiles. Clusters might have some value here, given that you're guaranteed at least 1 reroll (Krasis) and might get 1 hit-to-crit mod (nu-Slave 1) on the second shot.

Edited by emeraldbeacon

Autoblasters might be good?? 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ @emeraldbeacon

Edited by JBFancourt

if you're shooting AB out the rear and you are in the target's rear arc, you sacrifice a red die but can change 2 hits to unblockable crits

24 minutes ago, Maui. said:

if you're shooting AB out the rear and you are in the target's rear arc, you sacrifice a red die but can change 2 hits to unblockable crits

Wait.... why 2 crits?

I'm of the mind that Krassis can treat front arc attacks as rear arc attacks, meaning you are performing a rear arc attack when you choose to enable the ability. At least, its what i believe FFG intended by it. The Tie Heavy words it better to mean exactly that, which i think could be a hindsight change given Krassis was printed at 2E launch.

That said, for right now, it doesnt matter too overly much.

53 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

I'm of the mind that Krassis can treat front arc attacks as rear arc attacks, meaning you are performing a rear arc attack when you choose to enable the ability. At least, its what i believe FFG intended by it. The Tie Heavy words it better to mean exactly that, which i think could be a hindsight change given Krassis was printed at 2E launch.

That said, for right now, it doesnt matter too overly much.

Considering the Brute is identical to sf, I don’t think it adds any new information....

But yeah.... kinda with you on this. Feels unintentional at best to use Outmaneuver.

3 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Considering the Brute is identical to sf, I don’t think it adds any new information...

Fair point, but i also know these are done by different people, and if i recall correctly, Brooks Flugaur tends to focus on the imperial/fo factions, so he probably didnt have a hand in or work with the scum abilities and text.

Also, the FO faction *did* release a bit later than the main three. But it is logical to assume they were all 5 developed at the same time (or close enough) so that point is fairly moot.