"Snakebite" scum list

By underling, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Apologies in advance if the name has already been used.

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)
Crack Shot (2)
Total (49)

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)
Crack Shot (2)
Total (49)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Crack Shot (2)
Total (50)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Crack Shot (2)
Total (50)

Build Total (198)

Fangs are fun.

Vipers are fun.

So I figured, what the heck... ;)

Looks tons of fun, not sure if I would give fearless to fangs though...

As @LUZ_TAK says, you're probably just *slightly* better off using Fearless on your Fangs. And I love Predator on my 'Vipers. With both of those you get some solid opportunities to trigger multiple times per game, paying greater dividends for the points spent, given the way those ships like to fly. It should be a fun list, but will likely require a lot of practice. Tell us how it goes!

I like the Crack Shot and 2pt bid. The latter seems to be more useful lately and without any genuine aces, you'd be at a disadvantage against other lists with I4 when moving 1st.

Front loading your damage with Crack should help get ahead earlier and mitigate the MOV bleed from these fragile ships.

That said, Fearless and Predator is a very nice option.

Hrm.

I like Fearless on 4x Skulls. Having double passive mods can be handy in a lot of games if you just get into a tangle and everyone is bumping and losing actions.

But with the Starvipers mixed in, seems like Crack Shot for everyone might be a better option. Try to frontload the damage, kill stuff as soon as possible once engaged, using your mobility to pick the engagements.

On 11/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, theBitterFig said:

But with the Starvipers mixed in, seems like Crack Shot for everyone might be a better option. Try to frontload the damage, kill stuff as soon as possible once engaged, using your mobility to pick the engagements.

I've flown the four skull list, and like it.

I've found Snakebite to be as much fun and similar in feel, but a little harder to pin down by opponents. The two vipers do that.

I pair up the fangs, and pair up the vipers, but keep the pairs close enough so they can mutually support each other.

I do tend to fly the fangs a little more cautiously than others might, though, so I generally tend to shy away from Fearless.

This "version" of the four fangs tends to fit my play style a little better.

Plus... it's starvipers. I mean, come on. ;)

Edited by underling