DO you think We'll get General Kalani from the Clone Wars Show?

By Eric Di Mascio, in Star Wars: Legion

Brand new here, but just wanted to see what people thought of the Super Tactical Droid character. I know we are getting the regular T-Series

but do you think we'll end up getting Kalani in an expansion as a mid priced Commander Option for CIS?

Kalani-USWNE.png

Edited by Eric Di Mascio

I think either Kalani or Trench will be the eventual mid-price option adjacent to Rex whenever the do the next CIS/GAR release to square up the disparity between Commander Anakin vs Operative Maul. While he would be cool, we're already getting a generic Tactical Droid, so I am holding out hope that they give us Trench with build options for normal or cyborg!!

13 minutes ago, Mokoshkana said:

I think either Kalani or Trench will be the eventual mid-price option adjacent to Rex whenever the do the next CIS/GAR release to square up the disparity between Commander Anakin vs Operative Maul. While he would be cool, we're already getting a generic Tactical Droid, so I am holding out hope that they give us Trench with build options for normal or cyborg!!

Trench is absolutely my preferred commander, but I think a Super Tactical of some variety is more likely.

Yes!! Kalani is one of the coolest characters from CW+Rebels to me.

I have said this before, but my money is on a multi leader pack for both GAR and CIS. Two or three commanders in one box that use the same model. With have different commander cards or titles that would give different abilities and cost. Might be a bit OP, but it does seem like the best option for everyone.

Both factions need this since Wolf, Cody, Kraken, Kalani, etc all pretty much use the same model, but with different paint jobs. Players would get several commanders that would specialize in certain areas and FFG would be able to sell two or three of the same models since a lot of players would want to paint job to match the commander.

Not really sure of a better option for this unit??? Could even do future card packs to give more commanders and other options.

9 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I have said this before, but my money is on a multi leader pack for both GAR and CIS. Two or three commanders in one box that use the same model. With have different commander cards or titles that would give different abilities and cost. Might be a bit OP, but it does seem like the best option for everyone.

Both factions need this since Wolf, Cody, Kraken, Kalani, etc all pretty much use the same model, but with different paint jobs. Players would get several commanders that would specialize in certain areas and FFG would be able to sell two or three of the same models since a lot of players would want to paint job to match the commander.

Not really sure of a better option for this unit??? Could even do future card packs to give more commanders and other options.

Im not even a GAR player, but I would love to see them do this for a "generic" Jedi general commander box. Include cards and model parts for a bunch of the jedi council members that arent necessarily popular enough for their own dedicated box (Ki-adi mundi, plo koon, kit fisto etc.). That way everyone can play their favorite without having to wait for years. Or they could kitbash their own characters.

6 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Im not even a GAR player, but I would love to see them do this for a "generic" Jedi general commander box. Include cards and model parts for a bunch of the jedi council members that arent necessarily popular enough for their own dedicated box (Ki-adi mundi, plo koon, kit fisto etc.). That way everyone can play their favorite without having to wait for years. Or they could kitbash their own characters.

I love it. I'd probably buy multiple copies to build out all the possibilities.

Yes I think super tactical will get made. It would fit the Veers/Leia slot I think

I'd want Trench in the game as well, same with Thrawn for the Empire, but they are Admirals so I don't know if they'd make sense in the game? Like I really want them in cause having some cyborg spider man lead my army just sounds awesome, but I don't know if they'd actually do it.

2 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

but they are Admirals so I don't know if they'd make sense in the game?

Thrawn makes sense, not sure about Trench.

tumblr_onde0f9KGv1w2ach5o1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Thrawn makes sense, not sure about Trench.

I do agree with you, Thrawn would make more sense then Trench, and when it comes to the CIS I am not sure what other main Commander units they'll be getting. I believe they have a large pool of operatives they can add in but Commanders I don't know how big the pool they can grab from is.

8 minutes ago, Eric Di Mascio said:

I do agree with you, Thrawn would make more sense then Trench, and when it comes to the CIS I am not sure what other main Commander units they'll be getting. I believe they have a large pool of operatives they can add in but Commanders I don't know how big the pool they can grab from is.

There's a few.. Kalani is an obvious choice, whorm, Lok Durd, Tey-Zuka all fit too. I think Nute is a shoe-in, likely the Techno union guys too.

I think we'll see Trench just because he is so prolific.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
13 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

There's a few.. Kalani is an obvious choice, whorm, Lok Durd, Tey-Zuka all fit too. I think Nute is a shoe-in, likely the Techno union guys too.

I think we'll see Trench just because he is so prolific.

We've already got Lok on a card for the AAT, I struggle to see if we'll see him in another capacity.

For a lot of the separatist commanders, I struggle to see how they could be effectively brought to the table. None of them are particularly 'combaty' and spent most of the time leading from the rear. So other than one of them (probs Nute Nute, or maybe Poggle if they go down a Geo rout) I worry that they'd all end up more or less the same.

I'm sure we'll see Ventress appear as a commander in the near future with Ashoka for GAR, but even she's another lightsaber wielder. For a shooty one, mayyybe Osi Sobeck (from the citadel), but I'm struggling for that category

10 minutes ago, Haslamm1 said:

We've already got Lok on a card for the AAT, I struggle to see if we'll see him in another capacity.

For a lot of the separatist commanders, I struggle to see how they could be effectively brought to the table. None of them are particularly 'combaty' and spent most of the time leading from the rear. So other than one of them (probs Nute Nute, or maybe Poggle if they go down a Geo rout) I worry that they'd all end up more or less the same.

I'm sure we'll see Ventress appear as a commander in the near future with Ashoka for GAR, but even she's another lightsaber wielder. For a shooty one, mayyybe Osi Sobeck (from the citadel), but I'm struggling for that category

On the other hand, they have the IP, and printing every character they can is literally just printing money. We could see a very expansive commander array in a few years.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
15 minutes ago, Haslamm1 said:

I'd be perfectly fine with getting a few non combat commanders for the CIS. The two big combat focused commanders are both fantastic so it'd be nice to have a few support oriented ones.

Kalani will likely be a Commander in the future, but surely not the next one. Ventress commander with Covert Ops and Poggle with a Geonasian wave (Geonosian warriors as SF and their Sonic Cannon as support) are good candidates for their next announcements.

20 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I'm sure we'll see Ventress appear as a commander in the near future with Ashoka for GAR

I know they both commanded forces for their respective factions, but I feel like they would be better suited as operatives. I could be totally wrong though, Seeing some of the other non-droid units would add some interesting list building for the CIS.

Trench may be an Admiral, but in two of his three appearances in The Clone Wars he is command of ground forces. In "The Unknown", while he is not directly engaged in the fighting, it's taking place literally right in front of him. In the Bad Batch arc from the final season, Trench is in command of all forces on Skako Minor, and he personally fights Anakin (briefly...), which shows off what weapons he would have in Legion. Also, what other option could possibly be cooler than a humanoid cyborg tarantula?

Ventress as a commander is also something I have wondered about. She definitely gives off more of an Operative vibe, but she definitely was in command for several CIS operations, and in at least one episode of TCW the droids refer to her as Supreme Commander. @Decarior may be onto something with Covert Ops.

21 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

Players would get several commanders that would specialize in certain areas and FFG would be able to sell two or three of the same models since a lot of players would want to paint job to match the commander.

I could see tactical droids with some unique, albeit generic, abilities to set them apart from each other. One lets you issue orders beyond R3. One has Comms Relay built in. Have a pair that can issue orders from both during your turn. Then have a pool of command cards they can choose from instead of each named unit having it's own unique 3. Harder to tell for GAR until after the rules/points update but guessing it could center around token shenanigans. They would also allow different play styles in the factions.

Edited by codytx2

CIS has several commander options. Many of their commanders in cannon are more lead-from-behind, which I think works just fine for their non-saber commanders.

Nute Gunray - He might go all the way to no-combat, focusing solely on boosting your droids.

Poggle the Lesser - Seems likely if we get Geonosians in other ranks.

Wat Tambor - Seen in Episode II, but likely drawing heavily on his role in the Bad Batch arc.

Trench - Possibly the most well-recognized commander from the Clone Wars show.

Whorm Loathsom - From the Clone Wars movie.

Riff Tamson - Who doesn't want to play with a shark model?

Osi Sobeck - Perhaps with prison-based command cards designed to hinder your opponent's unique models?

Darts D'Nar and Ventress are options, but I think both would make better operatives. I'm not counting Lok Durd. I'm pretty sure they put him on the pilot card in part because they have enough options to fulfill years worth of commanders.

2 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I'd be perfectly fine with getting a few non combat commanders for the CIS. The two big combat focused commanders are both fantastic so it'd be nice to have a few support oriented ones.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would too. I just hope that FFG would come at it with a plan, or they may all end up feeling and playing in too similar of a way. I'd love the idea of them standing around buffing the feeble droids or providing other support etc.

1 hour ago, GooeyChewie said:

CIS has several commander options. Many of their commanders in cannon are more lead-from-behind, which I think works just fine for their non-saber commanders.

Nute Gunray - He might go all the way to no-combat, focusing solely on boosting your droids.

Poggle the Lesser - Seems likely if we get Geonosians in other ranks.

Wat Tambor - Seen in Episode II, but likely drawing heavily on his role in the Bad Batch arc.

Trench - Possibly the most well-recognized commander from the Clone Wars show.

Whorm Loathsom - From the Clone Wars movie.

Riff Tamson - Who doesn't want to play with a shark model?

Osi Sobeck - Perhaps with prison-based command cards designed to hinder your opponent's unique models?

Darts D'Nar and Ventress are options, but I think both would make better operatives. I'm not counting Lok Durd. I'm pretty sure they put him on the pilot card in part because they have enough options to fulfill years worth of commanders.

These are all reasons why they need to start making Commanders/Operatives that don't mirror each other, or that there isn't a clear counterpart to in the rival faction. Because the Republic has a lot of combat Commanders, from Clone Commanders to more of the famous Jedi. There are only so many force users in the other 3 factions, where as the Republic has access to a wide array of Jedi, and if they can start giving each faction more unique Commanders and Operatives without the balance of the game going completely wild they should push towards it.

I want to see Queen Karina the great and her brain worms.

2 hours ago, PhoenixOfCopper said:

I want to see Queen Karina the great and her brain worms.

That would be neat lol.

4 hours ago, Nithorian said:

These are all reasons why they need to start making Commanders/Operatives that don't mirror each other, or that there isn't a clear counterpart to in the rival faction. Because the Republic has a lot of combat Commanders, from Clone Commanders to more of the famous Jedi. There are only so many force users in the other 3 factions, where as the Republic has access to a wide array of Jedi, and if they can start giving each faction more unique Commanders and Operatives without the balance of the game going completely wild they should push towards it.

I fully agree with this, giving the each of the factions some unique Commanders would definitely flesh out and make each faction feel different from each other.

Once I get the chance I'm getting the AAT and some B2s, but I'd like to see those dwarf spider droids or even those aqua droids, those things looked so freaking cool!

He's the perfect equivalent to General Veers. I don't see who else FFG could put in that point and power slot.