Curse of the Rougarou - Advice

By Sir_Blacksoutalot, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I'm gearing up to make a foray into Curse of the Rougarou (in standalone mode). Seems like the perfect pairing for Halloween!

I could use some help with a couple issues:

First, I'm not seeing any instructions or guidance on which level of Investigator cards this scenario is designed toward. Is this playable with a level-0 deck? Or should I allocate say 5-6 experience points per investigator to spend on upgrades? More points than that? Just not sure what sort of challenge I'm up against.

Second, there are two Investigator cards included in the second-stage encounter deck (an asset and a player weakness). The setup instructions don't seem to state what to do with these cards. Based on first glance--and trying not to reveal any spoilers here--it appears I should set these two cards aside until somehow instructed to bring them into play. Does that sound right?

I appreciate the help.

For any standalone scenario, use the standalone rules in the Rules Reference. They allow you to spend up to 9 XP upgrading your deck, plus an additional 10 XP for each added basic weakness you are willing to add. Where that becomes a point of diminishing returns depends on the investigator and your card pool. If you're worried about overpowering the scenario, play on hard/expert. But I think it is reasonably tough on easy/standard.

And yes, set the player cards aside.

Thanks Carthoris! Much appreciated.

i ran it with two green decks (Nathaniel and Stella). neither had any leveled-up cards and it was quite a hoot! if you are running solo with a single investigator, though, i agree you probably want to use the standalone rule for xp.

pay very close attention to the instructions on the Agenda and Act decks. i'm not the only one who apparently missed critical a step going forward that deeply impacts the game. : D

Thanks, I'll be sure to read and reread the text on the Act and Agenda cards. Much appreciated!!