Darkside Campaign - Character Ideas

By CloudyLemonade92, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So, soon one of my players will be taking up the GM mantle to try out a Campaign of his own, which I'm to be playing in. Its Darkside FaD/EoTE and set in the Old Republic, but I'm having trouble coming up with a character concept.

I'd like to play a Melee Force user, likely a face character. Any idea's on races? I want something unique and memorable but having trouble.

Can I exploit your creative minds?

Edited by CloudyLemonade92

Aqualish and Karkarodon are interesting. Both have 3 in Brawn, 1 in Int.

Darkside Ithorian could be interesting.

Umbaran are similar to Humans (six 2s), except lacking the ability to get four 3s. They add a Boost to Charm, Negotiation, and Deception checks.

18 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Aqualish and Karkarodon are interesting. Both have 3 in Brawn, 1 in Int.

Darkside Ithorian could be interesting.

Umbaran are similar to Humans (six 2s), except lacking the ability to get four 3s. They add a Boost to Charm, Negotiation, and Deception checks.

Ooo I like the Ithorian idea. Can't go Umbaran because one of my players who just had his character die just rolled an Umbaran

DS ithorian is a cool idea @P-47 Thunderbolt

I had a dark-side brawler nemesis in a game I ran, and he was a Defel melee warrior. He was terrifying and the party was always extremely worried when he turned up on their radar. Mostly because he had a habit of eating whoever he killed, and when he severed a PC's hand with a critical hit, he promptly devoured it. Very memorable.

Another idea I had floating around was to use the Kalleran species from No Disintegrations to make a melee warrior. A semi-amphibious hand-to-hand combatant could be fun.

The main Force Power (that isn't a long-game goal like Unleash or Conjure Mastery) that is really hard to do effectively as a Lightsider, and still remain Lightside, is Harm.

If I played in a Darkside campaign, I'd have troubles not viewing it as my best chance to really dive into that power Power and see what can be done with it.

Which would mean a character (Species?) with high Intellect, and (a Career/Spec?) with high Medicine.

I'd create a Force-powered vampire, were I you.

If you really do want to go into Melee/Brawl, then Conjure or Enhance are going to be great for some murder-mayhem.

On that note, the Mayhem motivation coupled with the Aggressor/Colossus trees could be entertaining.

@SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics

Ooo can you Imagine a Lightsaber wielding Ithorian Marauder/Colossus

DM: "So what kind of character do you want to play?"

Player: "I want to be hard to kill."

DM: "Say no more, fam!"

1 hour ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Lightsaber wielding Ithorian Marauder/Colossus

You could use the Old Republic post by @BluSunrize if the GM is OK with it. Other then that, Idk.