My Legion of shame

By kuffdaddy, in Painting

So I have been buying in since it was released! However I was also working 2 full time jobs, boo. Now I am down to one and the Rona hits and I can’t play at the FLGS. I play against my son often enough but need help on some rule interactions. I finally decided to pull everything I have out to see what I have and it is a shelf of shame. I mean that in a good way, I am now motivated to get it built and start painting again. I have some done that I just wanted to paint, but now I want to get my lists painted. So I will start and try to update my hobby progress as I go. This will include display cabinets, shelving, terrain, misc other stuff that will pertain to my legion hobby. So let’s get started with the pictures of my pile of shame!

https://imgur.com/a/BJ52GVb

Edited by kuffdaddy

Kudos to you for working through the Grey Legion. Your Imgur link seems broken, though. It says "Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn. Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all."

Thanks for the heads up I will have to talk to the daughter and convince her to help with the link

FFG will always release faster than I can paint unless I don't care and just rattle can it all. One dude, one at a time. Stick with it.

I think I have the imager link figured out and added some progress updates. I am have updated tabletop admiral and working on a bunch of stormtroopers going well. Learning about zenithal base and working on airbrushing skills

Can you please share where did you find this terrain?

EJAsnOR.jpeg

He's got a mix of terrain there; any piece in particular?

That base on the left.

I'm not 100% certain, but to me it looks like the Inspector's Office from Imperial Terrain's Landing Bay series, mixed with some Wall Ends from the same company.

I love that round token/dice holder in a few of your photos.

eOj8z6C.jpg

5 hours ago, Tidrewski Kolbehs said:

Ah, it would be nice if they offered printed versions. Alas, I haven't the time/space/cash/need for a 3D printer of my own, and the rates at my local MakerSpace are almost as bad as Shapeways.

I know the guy. I'm sure he would be willing to print you one (For a price) Do you want me to ask him?

Nice of you to offer, but not thanks! I've got a large backlog of things to work through already; I'm in no hurry to add to the queue.

Every one in the comments above have nailed it on the head

imperial terrain for the inspectors office

3 5 designs for the tiered token holder

battle kiwi for the MDF stuff

and fifth trooper for the sidebar holders

trees are GW terrain I bought years ago for WFB but hey they work

Edited by kuffdaddy
On 12/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, tdcthulu said:

If OP has a 3D printer, he could have bought this bundle from Imperial Terrain: https://imperialterrain.com/collections/stls-for-star-wars-legion-terrain/products/modular-landing-bay-plus-digital-stl-files

And printed it himself.

Yes I do and bought the year one bundle. It is super useful but buy a decent one from the start. I bought an Anet POS to get those quality prints has taken me about 300 hours of rebuilding and upgrading and tinkering to get it to work. When it does work it prints non stop, when not working it is troubleshooting ****. Being cheap Chinese stuff it’s usually pretty easy (100’s of hours of doing it) about ready to get rid of it and upgrade to a larger print surface and more features for ease of use

What's caught your eye, printer-wise?

12 hours ago, SFC Snuffy said:

I have had my Ender 3 for about a year and it has been pretty good so far. My period of biggest issues was when I had a bad roll of filament that kept snapping, ruining prints and clogging the tube. Other than that my issues have been user error.

Eventually I'd like to buy a resin printer like an Anycubic to print detailed minis, but I have too many projects going on as it is to justify that.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, SFC Snuffy said:

Ender 5 pro

cr-10

prusa mk3

On 12/19/2020 at 8:32 AM, tdcthulu said:

I have had my Ender 3 for about a year and it has been pretty good so far. My period of biggest issues was when I had a bad roll of filament that kept snapping, ruining prints and clogging the tube. Other than that my issues have been user error.

Eventually I'd like to buy a resin printer like an Anycubic to print detailed minis, but I have too many projects going on as it is to justify that.

Thinking about getting a resin as well

1 hour ago, kuffdaddy said:

Ender 5 pro

cr-10

prusa mk3

Ender 5 Pro here too. I've got a lot about my terrain printing here: