Thane & DeadEye Shot

By Minimono, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Soooo....

He can first use his abilty and flip a card of choice..... then chose if he is going to use deadeyeshot when knowing if there is something of value to flip....

seems like there is a opportunity to have really good combos ... like fuel leak & direct hit in correct order..

seems powerful... Am I missing something here?

At I5, access to barrel roll and boost... I guess he can pull off those deadeyeshots

Edited by Minimono
30 minutes ago, Minimono said:

Soooo....

He can first use his abilty and flip a card of choice..... then chose if he is going to use deadeyeshot when knowing if there is something of value to flip....

seems like there is a opportunity to have really good combos ... like fuel leak & direct hit in correct order..

At I5, access to barrel roll and boost... I guess he can pull off those deadeyeshots

Yup this works, just remember that while Thane looks with his ability, Deadeye Shot is random

Seems like a good talent for 1 p on him. Love it!

Edited by Minimono
1 hour ago, Minimono said:

Soooo....

Maybe, just remember Deadeye shot is a *random* flip. So you couldn't guarantee which crit you flip (if multiple) when using that ability.

[edit - I guess Innese already said that.]

Edited by Lyianx
3 hours ago, Minimono said:

like fuel leak & direct hit in correct order.

Just to be clear, exposing a card with Thane or Deadeye would not trigger a Fuel Leak, if that is what you were thinking. Exposing a critical damage is not the same as suffering a critical damage.

There is a corner case in which you could, though. If the ship had a Hull Breach before exposing the cards, you could expose the Fuel Leak, and then expose the Direct Hit, which would cause the card dealt by direct hit to be suffered as a critical because of Hull Breach, triggering Fuel Leak, dealing another critical damage.