Green Squadron A-Wing VS. Generic A-Wing

By Basile1902, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

1 point difference, I’d love to hear people’s opinion on this weird unique squadron

Comes down to 4 main questions:

1) Do I have the 1 point to spare?

2) How much do I get out of Bomber?

3) How much do I lose with 1 less Counter?

4) Am I running Rieekan?

If you have a decent answer to 2 out of 4, I'd say its worth upgrading one squadron, especially with Rieekan. Admittedly I'd be a bit more wary of just slotting it into a bomber-centric fleet, since it doesn't mesh well with the usual slower, tougher B/X/Y-Wing composition. But in a more standard fighter roster its a decent upgrade, being able to lay into ships once the enemy squadron screen is cleared.

It’s not usually worth it. If I’m bringing A-Wings, it’s for their Counter 2. The Bomber bit might net you 1-2 extra damage per game against ships, IF you get to attack ships. But if the opponent has a good-sized fighter screen, it’s likely that you spent a point to buy a worse A-Wing.

Actually I really like green squadron. If you enjoy playing mixed role squads in medium/small fighter coverage I think you can include it. Sometimes it is really useful to have a Blitz bomber of some sort.

A speed 5 black die bomber for 12pts with counter 1.

Seems pretty good to me in a sqaud heavy list. Especially with BCC you could get the crit/hit a few times and chase down crippled ships trying to run away last round

8 hours ago, Uncrustable said:

A speed 5 black die bomber for 12pts with counter 1.

Seems pretty good to me in a sqaud heavy list. Especially with BCC you could get the crit/hit a few times and chase down crippled ships trying to run away last round

This. I think BCC is also key to making it work because it syncs with bomber to allow rerolls, otherwise it is just the same chance to hit as a normal Awing using its anti-ship armament. So green squadron likes participating in bomber fleets. Like lancers, high speed and bomber reroll allows them to mop up enemy ships that may be limping away on a couple of hull points.

Edited by Muelmuel

Its not A wing vs Green

Its Y wing vs Green

On 12/1/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ginkapo said:

Its not A wing vs Green

Its Y wing vs Green

good point. I agree the comparison is valid, since they have the same firepower.