TI4 Collection of Lore Posted on FFG Website

By tmr15, in Twilight Imperium

Dane announced during the most preview of Prophecy of Kings (October 23rd) that he would be posting a compilation of accumulated lore from the TI Universe. The Guide to the Imperium is currently available in the support section, under player resources. It contains original material from the TI3 base game and both expansions (and seen in a slightly edited form in TI4), the Lazax -centric narrative from Rex: Final Days of an Empire , the new compendium included with PoK, the first Codex short story Flight by Calvin Wong and two new entries: Vel-Syd (composed by Dane himself) and The Prophecy of Kings (written by Sam Gregor-Stewart).

These narratives really help flesh out the evolving lore of the TI universe, and help set the stage for Tim Pratt's first TI-related novel, The Fractured Void , due out in November. Very excited to see this aspect of the universe continue to develop! 🖖

Looks good.

I would pay for a printed copy of this.

The Titans, Empyrean, and Nomad all appeal to me.

I like that they seem to be developing the setting more. Hopefully we’ll see more games in the setting and maybe a full RPG in the future.

I will need to not miss the moment of the release of the novel and get yourself a copy.

Indeed.

Do we know anything about the novel? When it is set? What it’s actually about?

45 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Indeed.

Do we know anything about the novel? When it is set? What it’s actually about?

Here is *almost* everything we know so far:

https://aconytebooks.com/shop/the-fractured-void-by-tim-pratt/

There's also an AMA by the author on reddit:

...and the publisher, Aconyte Books, has indicated in a livestream some time ago (which I can't find at the moment-- it's one of their videos on Facebook, but can't remember which one) that the book is rhe first in a planned trilogy, with the possibility of additional books if the trilogy does well.

The book is already available for preorder on Amazon, and I think some other places too.

I'm excited about it, if you can't tell.... 😆

As am I. A book series is a good indication that the setting is expanding.