Campaign, but one-shot too?

By Robin, in Descent: Legends of the Dark

Hi,

I am very interested in this new, coop, edition of Descent.

I have read the presentation, which speaks of a campaign system.

But can the quests be played one-shot too?

Having to play a campaign is nice, but it takes a lot of time and requires the same players to meet often. I lack both of those conditions and I wouldn't like to limit my gaming to solo...

Not at this time. From what was revealed in the designer discussion , its campaign only. They did kind of shrug it off as you can play the 1st mission as an introduction for new players.

Hopefully, they will add a handful of one-shot quests to the app in the future, but it doesn't sound like it by release time.

They mentioned that you could change characters and player count between quests. So you could, in essence, treat each quest as a one shot that just happens to continue the story from the previous one shot quest. And with the app, you could keep a separate solo campaign running too. The app would keep track of characters and equipment.

54 minutes ago, Randymd said:

They mentioned that you could change characters and player count between quests. So you could, in essence, treat each quest as a one shot that just happens to continue the story from the previous one shot quest. And with the app, you could keep a separate solo campaign running too. The app would keep track of characters and equipment.

That is true, characters are drop-in and drop-out mid campaign, so if you had different save files, you could change things up at various points for one-offs.

Like in JIME, i don't think you can.

But apparently you will have the ability to customize your heroes and equipment between each adventure, even some item crafting. Also, they mentioned visiting a city, can't recall which one from the Runebound map.

What i am wondering is the availability of side-quests, like in the Road To Legend app. According to their Twitch stream, the team mentioned there would be plenty to do between quests.

This piqued my interest greatly!

Edited by Shirys