Black Library Fiction

By cd8dman, in Fan Fiction

I've only entered into the Warhammer universe in the last year or so. I have also recently started devouring some of the fiction omnibuses. The Rogue Trader line intrigues me but I was curious as to what lines of fiction are about or heavily influenced by the Rogue Traders. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I know of only 2 titles for RT:

Rogue Star & Star of Damocles by Andy Hoare.

But I am sure there are other novels wihich would be good for RT. Check the general RT board, I think this topic has been mentionned before...

I believe it has been mentioned, several times, but I'll repeat the gist of those threads' results here:

Aside from the Rogue Star/Star of Damocles duology, the second part of the Shira Calpurnia series ( Legacy , although the whole series is awesome and worth getting anyway) features the legal wrangling over the succession of one Rogue Trader to the Charter. The very old Barrington J Bayley novel Eye of Terror (which may actually predate the Black Library imprint) has the travails of a very down on his luck Rogue Trader as one of the primary plot threads, although I should note that the fluff has changed vastly since it was written. William King's Farseer is also a RT-centric novel, despite the title.

The Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies, while focussing primarily on the titular Inquisitors and their retinues, do contain a fair bit of RT oriented bits.

There are a number of other ones scattered around, primarily in the short stories, but many of them are currently out of print. The Above-mentioned are definitely the main ones.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Being a new fan to warhammer, I wasn't sure where to look.

You might want to check out Relentless too. While not rogue trader focused, it does focus on the Imperial navy and is mostly set in the bowels of a lunar class cruiser. Some useful stuff in there.

Only relevant for a look at the Imperial Navy, but still handy for Rogue Trader: Execution Hour and Shadow Point , by Gordon Rennie. Both hard to find, but you should be able to dig the stories up with some Google-Fu. It includes great descriptions of the mood of an Imperial vessel and the battles fought in the void, including the Battle of Gethesemane, one of the biggest naval engagements between the Imperial Navy and the Servants of Chaos in the last millenium.