Another Terrinoth game that will get 0 support from FFG?

By icarr757, in Descent: Legends of the Dark

Warhammer Quest (yes we know the Warhammer licence expired)/ Heroes of Terrinoth were both well recieved by the community and reputed to sell out. Runebound Unbreakable bonds was reportedly a sell out item. Neither got reprints or any word from FFG, that I know of, as to why they went Doa. ****, FFG didn't even give us the curtosy of telling us they were killing the lines.

Now you show us a new version of Descent with no Overlord (YES! I support this 110%) but with artwork that can't even hold a candle to Warhammer Quest, Runebound (Totally amazing art) or even Heroes of Terrinoth (Mediocre artwork) and is app driven (reserve the right to judge til we have seen more, but it has high potential for good if not flumoxed up). With a MSRP of $175...

Sooo... if this does not fly off the shelves is FFG just going to drop it with no notice like previous Terrinoth products? A price point of nearly $200...?

Normally, I would all ready have a preorder for this in at my FLGS and have my group ready to play it on day 1 of release but FFGs lack of communication on anything that is not Star Wars/Keyforge (yes I know these are cash cows that Descent/Terrinoth can only dream of comming close to) will keep my wallet in my pocket until more news is forthcomming.

It’s Descent so it’s a safe bet that they’ve got at least a year’s worth of expansions in the pipeline already. After that? Probably highly dependent on if it’s selling. That core box price point, though - yikes.

I hope some day FFG would be transparent and honest and say why they cancel so many product lines. Im starting to believe that the "poor seeling" is just crap that they said.

WHQuest/HoT

Runebound

Battlelore

WH Diskwars

BBTM

.... and many more

On the subject of Heroes of Terrinoth, almost all the artwork is recycled from other Terrinoth games (Runewars and Descent mostly). In fact, I think the class card art might be almost all the original art in the game.

But that‘s a minor point. I too am concerned this game will quietly die and we will never see the act 2 and 3 expansions.

Edited by Lightningclaw

Most likely reason to cancell a product... not profitable enough, game is old, company loses lisence.

Edited by Hannibal_pjv

This new product is dead already: they don't need to produce it. Canceling it now will save them a lot of money.