X-Wing Ship Popularity Survey (X-Wing Minis Survey pt 4)

By Nsara, in X-Wing

We are now in the midst of the Fall, and Friday Night X-Wing's final X-wing Survey of the year . Due to my being busy with classes and my computer dying, I decided to make this survey a bit simpler than the last ones.

It is simply a popularity contest for Ship Chassis .

Each faction gets a 1st and 2nd choice, an overall two favorite choices and a "this ship really needs a rework of some kind".

TAKE THE SURVEY HERE: https://forms.gle/tPQVAC7Stq6J3irDA

That is it. Shortest survey done thus far. Only including currently released ships. I will make infographics again after I close the survey in 3 weeks, and you can View the current results here:

View the Current Stats

I love Democracy.

As a Scum player who actually reads all of the instructions, I feel unfairly stereotyped.

As an Epic player who flies Huge ships, I feel like I did not get a full selection of options.

14 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

As a Scum player who actually reads all of the instructions, I feel unfairly stereotyped.

I only added the scum specific thing when scum players specifically failed to follow directions over the previous 3 surveys.

It is like 70% of people not following instructions who identify as a primary scum faction too... there are some other people cheating in other factions, but its mostly a scum problem.

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

As an Epic player who flies Huge ships, I feel like I did not get a full selection of options.

I might be doing an Epic specific minisurvey, but the fact is that very few people play Epic compared to standard play. It doesn't help that there is very little availability on Gozanti cruisers and GR-75 Transports. I myself have only played Epic points levels, but never have played an epic game with epic ships.

Hoping after COVID dies down I can take my CR-90 for a spin.

9 hours ago, Nsara said:

I might be doing an Epic specific minisurvey

That would be cool, because I'd like to see what this really means, statistically speaking:

very few people play Epic compared to standard play

I myself have only played Epic points levels, but never have played an epic game with epic ships.

I do this a lot. I still far prefer 500 points on 3x6 to Standard, even sans Huges. The game takes the night, and that's perfect.

Last night I used 3 MG-100s instead of a Huge, and the game still felt, well, Epic.

Hoping after COVID dies down I can take my CR-90 for a spin.

I never really had many complaints with 1.0 Huges, but boy, FFG really put a nice shine on them for 2.0.

It's such an awesome game mode, I really wish more people would give it a try. 😢

Edited by Darth Meanie

"Nobody flies Kihraxzes" is a bit hyperbole. You see Jostero (and I expect him more often, with rules change for aftermath and new bomb meta).

Torkil + Kihraxzes is still valid, but people want to fly the new shiny stuff in the non OT factions.

2 hours ago, Managarmr said:

You see Jostero (and I expect him more often, with rules change for aftermath and new bomb meta).

Curiously, Jostero does not trigger on Concussion Bombs which is the new hotness sparking the bomber meta. Jostero triggers on suffered damage while Concussion Bombs only deal a facedown card.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, 5050Saint said:

Curiously, Jostero does not trigger on Concussion Bombs which is the new hotness sparking the bomber meta. Jostero triggers on suffered damage while Concussion Bombs only deal a facedown card.

Yes, I know (which I also stated in one if the preview article discussions here). Nevertheless good to remind again of the difference between suffering damage and dealing a card, not everyone might have realised it.

He does trigger 50% on Thermal Detonators though, and these deliver more potential targets. And people might use bombs more, after licking blood with the Concussions.

Voted..

Though i wish you included an option for "I don't do factions, as i play a HOTAC Campaign!"

Up to 496 responses so far!

Hoping we get at least a few hundred. I will be closing the survey in another 2 weeks or so...

Please share the survey to local X-Wing groups if you can! I am trying to get as wide a turnout as possible.

5 hours ago, LTuser said:

Voted..

Though i wish you included an option for "I don't do factions, as i play a HOTAC Campaign!"

There is an option for "I Do Not Have a Primary/Secondary faction" for faction identities?

Here is an interesting bit of data found over the period of the year's surveys, what numbers the factions are moving around by.

So far Scum & Villainy seems to be taking the biggest loss in numbers overall, going down 3.2% over the 3 surveys, while the Republic has gone up 2%

This is of course only taking in Primary Factions, which we now have Primary AND Secondary factions, which I have been combining. I will be doing a more detailed breakdown with all 4 surveys eventually, using the combined statistics of primary & secondary factions of players, which gives a better idea of who is playing what. Also I am not adding the Fall survey numbers until I close the survey, because having number shift while I tally data is annoying.

Winter Survey (943 people)

• Rebel Alliance: 26.4% (249)
  • Galactic Empire: 30.1% (284)
  • Scum & Villainy: 18.8% (177)
  • CIS: 5.4% (51)
  • Republic: 8.9% (84)
  • First Order: 4.9% (46)
  • Resistance: 5.5% (52)

Spring Survey (661 people)

• Rebel Alliance: 20.3% (134) [down 6.1%]
  • Galactic Empire: 28.9% (191) [down .2%]
  • Scum & Villainy: 15.1% (100) [down 3.7%]
  • CIS: 4.1% (27) [down 1.3%]
  • Republic: 9.4% (62) [up 0.5%]
  • First Order: 7.7% (51) [up 2.8%]
  • Resistance: 6.5% (43) [up 1.0%]
  • No Primary 8.0% (53) [was not an option in Winter Survey]

Summer Survey (1,085 people!)

• Rebel Alliance: 21.3% (232) [up 1.0%, down 5.1% total]
  • Galactic Empire: 28.2% (307) [down 0.7%, down 0.9% total]
  • Scum & Villainy: 15.6% (170) [up 0.5%, down 3.2% total]
  • CIS: 4.7% (51) [up 0.6%, up 1.9% total]
  • Republic: 10.9% (119) [up 1.5%, up 2% total]
  • First Order: 5.3% (58) [down 2.4%, up 0.4% total]
  • Resistance: 5.7% (62) [down 0.8%, up 0.2% total]
  • No primary 8.3% [up 0.3%]
Edited by Nsara

Why is everyone so wrong!!! There is only one acceptable awnser for best ship. Hyena. That's it.

Only ship I was on the curve for was the T-65...

23 hours ago, Icelom said:

Why is everyone so wrong!!! There is only one acceptable awnser for best ship. Hyena. That's it.

Only ship I was on the curve for was the T-65...

I mean it IS the X-Wing Miniatures games...

Up to 562 responses

Going to keep the survey up until the end of November since responses are coming in so slowly. A large number of people are avoiding social media because of the US Election, so I am hoping we get some more after that settles itself.

Edited by Nsara

686 Responses

Survey is closing on Monday , so if you have been thinking about doing it, do so in the next 24 hours

On 10/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, Managarmr said:

"Nobody flies Kihraxzes"

I'm struggling to articulate my annoyance right now.

8 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

I'm struggling to articulate my annoyance right now.

I cited the comment on the Kihraxz vote option in the survey!

As a Kihraxz fan myself, having 6, all in different paintjobs, it was annoying for me, too.

4 hours ago, Managarmr said:

I cited the comment on the Kihraxz vote option in the survey!

Sorry, wasn't saying I was mad at you - just shocked beyond measure at that OUTRAGEOUS quote! 😂

In other news, looks like my FIVE. CARTEL. MARAUDERS. Has now become FIVE. BLACK SUN. ACES.

Wonder how many people share my annoyance with the space couch?

On 10/28/2020 at 5:48 AM, Managarmr said:

"Nobody flies Kihraxzes" is a bit hyperbole. You see Jostero (and I expect him more often, with rules change for aftermath and new bomb meta).

Torkil + Kihraxzes is still valid, but people want to fly the new shiny stuff in the non OT factions.

I'll fly 3 khirax + 1, or use 2 as wingmen for a fattie, and 5 generics Khiraxz is always fun. they do their job