New player, looking for list help

By Stormoffires, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

As a new rebel player to the game, and dealing with limited availability in the market. I need a little help with how to counter an ISD? I cant find a starhawk anywhere (unless one of you wanna sell me one on the cheap jk) and I dont have an assault frigate yet (might get one, not sure).

For now I have:

MC75
MC80 (home)
MC30
Pelta
2x Hammerheads
CR90
GR-75
Neb-B

rebel pack 1 and 2.

200 and 400 point fleets.

I am thinking mc30 and hammerheads with supported mc75 and try to get in close fast for black die crits and APT?

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)
• General Rieekan (30)
• Walex Blissex (5)
• Caitken and Shollan (6)
• Flag Bridge (0)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• External Racks (3)
• Aspiration (3)
• Intensify Firepower! (6)
= 165 Points

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• Lando Calrissian (4)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Admonition (8)
= 84 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Shriv Suurgav (6)
• External Racks (3)
• Garel's Honor (4)
= 49 Points

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)
• Cham Syndulla (5)
• External Racks (3)
= 44 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 24 Points

Squadrons:
• Shara Bey (17)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
= 33 Points

Total Points: 399

I’d be tempted to put Ord Experts on instead of C&S, to get rerolls for my front and side black dice as they exhaust and Ord Exp don’t. Plus if you are going to spend 6 points on IF, then let that be your red dice modifier (once and once only lol). I’d actually be tempted to ditch IF as well for hardened bulkheads.

13 hours ago, Herr Style said:

I’d be tempted to put Ord Experts on instead of C&S, to get rerolls for my front and side black dice as they exhaust and Ord Exp don’t. Plus if you are going to spend 6 points on IF, then let that be your red dice modifier (once and once only lol). I’d actually be tempted to ditch IF as well for hardened bulkheads.

So I don't have IF or hardenbulk heads, I seem to not have a few cards from the build above .

I also don't know how IF can go on the mc75? It doesn't have that upgrade slot, and idk what flag bridge is?

Edited by Stormoffires
1 hour ago, Stormoffires said:

So I don't have IF or hardenbulk heads, I seem to not have a few cards from the build above .

I also don't know how IF can go on the mc75? It doesn't have that upgrade slot, and idk what flag bridge is?

Flag Bridge, IF! and Shriv are all Starhawk cards.

Like Herr Style says, I don’t think the first two are worth the points in this build, and Ordnance Experts > Caitken and Shollan.

There are a lot of “good, but not necessary” upgrades in the list. I’d drop the boarding teams, Garel’s Honor, IF!, Bright Hope and the squads to squeeze in a CR90 with TRC. It’s hard to go wrong with one and a sixth activation is useful for black dice.

It’s otherwise solid; the biggest downside is relying so heavily on crits means DCO will ruin your day, but that’s a relatively rare matchup.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

The mc-75 ordinance generally cripples a ISD by itself, the only part that might be hard for a newer player is getting a double arc. Make sure you have more activations than your opponent and it usually does fine. Atm it is my favorite Rebel large base, but the Starhawk might push it out purely on cool factor.