Best Product for Storing Cards?

By Sir_Blacksoutalot, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

On 10/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, Buhallin said:

Definitely not as pretty, but it's also less than $5 :D

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/super-shoe-storage-box-3000-cards

In addition to BCW's cardboard boxes, we'll have a plastic box option available in January, 2021. The Card Bin is a 4 row box that features partitions to keep your cards upright. It will hold about 4,400 AH cards. It has slots at the front of each row where you can insert a card or label to identify what's in each row. The Card Bin has a lid with latches, and the lid's double-hinge system allows the lid to tuck under the bin when open. Details are available at https://www.bcwsupplies.com/collectible-card-bin-3200-gray

CBB-Poke2-2000PX.jpg

Slightly off-topic but I snagged a 50 pack of Target brand clear page protectors for the scenario inserts. Originally I was thinking of trying to three-hole punch the sheets, but I wasn't really sure in it. I saw these on a shelf for about four bucks and figured why not. they ended up fitting quite well. Now to find a nice edge slicer and cut the two page mythos sheets apart.

Edited by Norintha

We sort ours by class with 8 dividers.
4 dividers for 0 level cards and 4 for XP cards.
One division is Non Item Assets (with spells for Mystics) One is Item Assets/Allies. One is Events and the last is Skills.
The XP cards are divided the same way, starting with all 1XP cards and working up.

Edited by Mimi61
On 10/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, happy_ythogtha said:

the one thing that is driving me crazy is that the scenario set-ups just show you the symbols. only two cycles in, i now i have so many encounter set dividers that i have to flip through everything to match things up. sure, the symbols have names, but those appear nowhere in the instructions or on the cards, so alphabetizing the storage box is almost pointless until you memorize what they are.

I might be mis-interpreting your complaint here, but I suggest looking at the bullet point above the set symbols in the Setup instructions - it should list the required encounter sets by name there.

Silly forum software caused double post

Edited by dysartes
2 minutes ago, dysartes said:

I might be mis-interpreting your complaint here, but I suggest looking at the bullet point above the set symbols in the Setup instructions - it should list the required encounter sets by name there.

bwhahahaha ~ gosh dang teensy tiny print! (goes to show how carefully i read the rules). XD

thank you!

Cut apart the two page mythos pack inserts and now I'm pondering finding 5.5 by 8.5 pages and disassembling the deluxe campaign booklets so that everything is in a plastic page and you just flip through those.

I use a pocket divider for each cycle in my three-ring rules binder. The campaign guide from the deluxe goes in the front pocket, and I put campaign logs in the back.

Back closer to topic, where are people putting story dependant player cards? I've been storing them with the relevant sets so far, but now there are a couple weaknesses that are linked to basic weaknesses, but aren't basic themselves.

1 hour ago, Norintha said:

Back closer to topic, where are people putting story dependant player cards? I've been storing them with the relevant sets so far, but now there are a couple weaknesses that are linked to basic weaknesses, but aren't basic themselves.

If it has the set symbol, and is counted amongst the cards from the set, then it stays with the set, for me.

I keep the non-basic non-story weaknesses in their own little bin next to basic weaknesses. They are a border case, like multi-class player cards (ugh).

7 hours ago, Carthoris said:

I keep the non-basic non-story weaknesses in their own little bin next to basic weaknesses. They are a border case, like multi-class player cards (ugh).

Do what MtG does for gold/split cards and have a section for them special?