Old Forums

By Greendan, in Support

Hi,

Back in the old Arkham Horror Forum, there was a bunch of user created content. Can we still get to that?

Yes! Please bring back the old forum data. There was TONS of questions answered for Descent and lots of good data. I don't want to loose that.

jadrax said:

If it was on the frum itself, you should be able to still access it at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/forums/show/10.page - I belive they said it will be up for the next 4 weeks or so for people to copy stuff over.

I'm not sure I like this "solution". There's way too much information to copy everything over manually (and the fact that it's paginated doesn't help). Why does it have to be shut down? Wouldn't it be more user-friendly to have the old forums just remain open (in read-only format) indefinitely? That way, no data, rulings, content, etc, are lost (again).

On the TI3 forum on the old site, Jeremy (443) chimed in to say that Dec. 31 may not be a "hard and fast day of the death of the forum", but rather that would be the last day of gauaranteed support. It sounds like if the old forums (in read-only mode) stay somewhat stable, it may stick around for awhile.

I don't know if they will do like de French forum but the old french forum stay avaible for consultation (But we can't send message on it)

I hope that FFG will do the same thing!

sigmazero13 said:

jadrax said:

If it was on the frum itself, you should be able to still access it at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffgforums/forums/show/10.page - I belive they said it will be up for the next 4 weeks or so for people to copy stuff over.

I'm not sure I like this "solution". There's way too much information to copy everything over manually (and the fact that it's paginated doesn't help). Why does it have to be shut down? Wouldn't it be more user-friendly to have the old forums just remain open (in read-only format) indefinitely? That way, no data, rulings, content, etc, are lost (again).

Agreed. This transition was not well thought out if we are going to lose (or potentially lose) the old forum posts.

For God's sake , at least simply lock the old forums from accepting new replies but leave the freakin' information! Or; does FFG hate their customer base that much?!?

NOTE : It appears you cannot copy and paste i nfo from the old forum website as this bare bones forum does not accept the same formatting. I cannot even test this as you are not allowed to go back and edit your own posts! Arrrgh!

FFG should archive he old forums, this is no good for anyone.