Expend and Jetpack Rockets?

By Stickynote20, in Rules

So say I have a mando resistance with jetpack rockets and I want only one mini of 3 to use jetpack rockets this turn. Does this single jetpack rocket expend the weapon card as a whole or can I still use jetpack rockets on the other two mando minis?

If I had to put it in a scenario:

There is an AT-ST at range 3, and a squad of stormies at range 2 of a mando resistance unit with jetpack rockets. If one mando targets the AT-ST with one rocket this turn and the other two shoot at the stormies with pistols, will the two mandos that didn't launch rockets that turn be able to fire two rockets the next turn before the card is expended?

To be able to resolve the abbility of the card you have to expend it. It doesn't matter if you use it for 1 mini or all, you're using the upgrade so you must expend it.

19 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

To be able to resolve the abbility of the card you have to expend it. It doesn't matter if you use it for 1 mini or all, you're using the upgrade so you must expend it.

Yeah that's how I interpreted RAW too, but I wanted to be sure since it wouldn't make sense that the rest of the rockets would be unable to fire. Guess it's all or nothing.

5 minutes ago, Stickynote20 said:

Yeah that's how I interpreted RAW too, but I wanted to be sure since it wouldn't make sense that the rest of the rockets would be unable to fire. Guess it's all or nothing.

Yes, there are things in which RAW contradicts the "realism" part, but you should always go with RAW.

I guess they could have done an X-Wing thing and given it charges in this case, though that would still cause issues where someone who technically used their rocket would use it twice because someone who didn't died... Or you want to use the weapon of one of the characters instead, etc.. So I'm not surprised they did it this way. Just imagine the rest got fired prematurely, happens to the best of us :P