Lets design the Razor Crest, just for the fun of it.

By Dwing, in X-Wing

This ship should probably have the Plated hull ability til Republic y-wings, its seems like it can take a beating and limber on.

Actions: red Barrel roll, TL, Focus, Jam.

Dial: A red 0 move. Probably pretty standard manuvers? It don't seem to be particulary nimble, but not a shuttle either.

Attack 3, defense 2. 8hull, 3 shield.

A title to ad a pre Empire ability to it? Enemies have to be at range 1 to get a TL or something like that maybe?

Pilots:

Din Djarin: Something along the lines of Kallus crew. You place a tracking fob at the beginning of the game on an enemy ship, everytime you shoot at that ship you get a focus token. Din is always owening his bounties but can get his *** kicked by others. (the Mandalorian helmet must grant some tunnel vision after all).

Q9-0 (Zero): something with getting information, maybe able to see nearby ships dial?

Other Rim Patrol pilot, generic. In the movement phase, if you are range 1 to the board edge, you may make a barrel roll move for free? Why can't generics have an ability ;).

The Child, crew: Can use focus tokens as evade tokens. 1force.

Edited by Dwing

I'll offer a slight rewording to Din Djarin. At the start of the game, place the "Bounty Marker" condition on an enemy ship of your choice.

Bounty Marker. When Din Djarin declares this ship as the target of an attack, he gains one calculate token. When this ship defends against an attack from Din Djarin, do not apply the bonus defense die for being at Range 3.

There's no escape.

Dial is probably red 0 stop, blue 1 straight and white 1 bank, blue 2 straight, blue 2 bank, white 2 turn, white 3 straight, white 3 bank, red 3 turn, red 3 sloop, white 4 straight, red 4k. Not fast, not terrible, and some nice extra turnarounds.

Actions: Focus, TL, Jam, Red Barrel Roll.

Statline 3/2/6/3 so it's resilient but not super tough behind 2 agility.

Q9-0: At the start of the planning phase, if an enemy ship has any red tokens, its dial must be revealed.

The Child. 1 force, when you spend a focus you may spend 1 force to treat it as an evade? Someone figure out a good wording 😕

Edited by Npmartian

Wacky thematic upgrade...

Carbonite Containment (costs one point) - Choose one crew card from ANY faction. During setup if your opponent has the same crew card as the one placed in Carbonite Containment they immediately discard it (this does not alter their total squad points).

Alternatively... could function like the old Rebel Captive crew card from 1.0

Edited by Greedo_Sharpshooter

The problem I see with the razor Crest is the interaction with all the other scum stuff. Maul could be in the same boat as Bay Yoda, in a YV-666 ?

Sine the keyword MANDALORIAN appeared, maybe it will define what does a ship can carry as crew. There is definitely something bugging me in this.

Biut I can't wait to see the miniature of the Razor Crest on the tables. I think the chassis will be similar to the firespray (without the rear gun of course)

Just now, Silver_leader said:

The problem I see with the razor Crest is the interaction with all the other scum stuff. Maul could be in the same boat as Bay Yoda, in a YV-666 ?

Sine the keyword MANDALORIAN appeared, maybe it will define what does a ship can carry as crew. There is definitely something bugging me in this.

Biut I can't wait to see the miniature of the Razor Crest on the tables. I think the chassis will be similar to the firespray (without the rear gun of course)

The Child, could have a Jin Djarin only on it, would be fitting. I see the ship more as a slightly improved G1-A.

1 hour ago, Npmartian said:

The Child. 1 force, when you spend a focus you may spend 1 force to treat it as an evade? Someone figure out a good wording

For this effect I would go with something along the lines of: The Child. 1 force, while you defend, you may spend 1 focus token to change 1 result to a (evade) result

For me though, I would go with something a bit more unique for the child. The Child: 3 force (but non recurring), can only be equipped on Jin Djarin.

1 hour ago, NoobMaster70 said:

I think the child should have a restriction: "Squad including Jin Djarin" or "Ship including Jin Djarin" so that you can play him with Jin Djarin crew too.

IG-11, Hunter (faceup): After performing an attack, you may perform a bonus attack against a different target.

Whenever you would suffer 1 or more [damage] suffer that many [crit] instead.

When you are dealt a face up damage card, flip this card.

Equip this side face up.

IG-11, Nursemaid (facedown): When a friendly ship at range 0-1 defends, you may suffer 1 damage, or discard this card, to cancel one [hit]/[crit] result.

You start out recklessly gunning down everyone, and then turn into a defensively minded Nursemaid, who is willing to sacrifice itself to save others.

Alternatively, you could just have it be two whole different cards, though, then, they would both need a redesign of sorts.

Greer Carga could hand out Bounty conditions. The Child could be Din Djarin or Imperial only, and I like the idea that it has, like, 3 non recurring Force. I'd love to see a drop trooper remote, but, more likely, Cara Dune would be some kind of defensively minded upgrade.

I imagine we'll see it after Season 2 finishes, so that we can get Season 2 pilots and crew as well.

Cara Dune
Crew. Rebel or Scum (She used to be Rebel, she hides from the New Republic, so no Resistance, and she hates the Empire, so no Imperial or First Order)
When attacking, if the defender is in your | arc, you may roll one additional attack die. After rolling attack dice, you must remove one result.

Kuill
Crew. Scum.
3 charges
During the Systems phase, you may spend 1 charge and gain 1 stress token to repair one damage card.
(Kuill is great at repairing ships. But he will nag at you, and bring his glurgs with him)

Greef Karga
Crew. Scum.
5 charges.
Setup: Spend 5 charges.
After an enemy ship is destroyed, you may recover as many charges as that ship's initiative value.
When a friendly ship at range 0-2 was to spend any amount of charges, it may instead spend that many charges from this card.
(Greef gathers the rewards for the bounties his "employees" hunt, then he hands them their share, perhaps after keeping a bit of it)

3 hours ago, Azrapse said:

G reef Karga
Crew. Scum.
5 charges.
Setup: Spend 5 charges.
After an enemy ship is destroyed, you may recover as many charges as that ship's initiative value.
When a friendly ship at range 0-2 was to spend any amount of charges, it may instead spend that many charges from this card.
(Greef gathers the rewards for the bounties his "employees" hunt, then he hands them their share, perhaps after keeping a bit of it)

That's uh... that's really good. Not sure about the I value, though, since you could one-shot a I5 TIE. But it is kind of a risk reward. thing. Would you want this to work multiple times a game, though?

Edit: maybe keep one charge on it, and a clause that if there's no charges on it to discard the card.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

All these are interesting ideas! Keep em coming!

5 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

That's uh... that's really good. Not sure about the I value, though, since you could one-shot a I5 TIE. But it is kind of a risk reward. thing. Would you want this to work multiple times a game, though?

Edit: maybe keep one charge on it, and a clause that if there's no charges on it to discard the card.

It can be either overpowered or underpowered.
Greef doesn't do anything for you until you kill someone. So if your squad sucks at that, Greef won't help you.
He starts being useful once you start "claiming bounties".
If you kill an Academy Pilot he will get 1 charge. If you kill Soontir or Luke, he will get 5. But after that, he's full and he won't get any more charges until you spend a few (counts as if Greef is keeping his share of the bounties for himself. You know, managerial costs. :D )

Then you need to go close to him to spend his charges. Get within range 2 of him and fire your missiles/torpedoes/crackshots/etc using the "money" that Greef has been keeping for you.

I think Greef would lead to building squads around him, since you would opt for equipping multiple 1 use upgrades (like illicits, some torpedoes, talents like crackshot, or even stuff like Gonk) knowing that you will be able to use them multiple times, or more often.
I think this is fitting to how he is depicted in the series, surrounded by bounty hunters that go to him to get their rewards. Or when he organizes that ambush against Mando. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Perhaps the last line could be rewritten as "During the End phase, you may spend any amount of charges. For each spent charge, a friendly ship at range 0-2 can recover one charge in one of their upgrade cards."
so that you don't get charges back on pilot abilities or in upgrades that don't allow to recover charges like mines or remotes.

I don't like the idea of discarding cards, since this is not a mechanic present in Second Edition.

10 hours ago, Kreen said:

IG-11, Hunter (faceup): After performing an attack, you may perform a bonus attack against a different target.

Whenever you would suffer 1 or more [damage] suffer that many [crit] instead.

When you are dealt a face up damage card, flip this card.

Equip this side face up.

IG-11, Nursemaid (facedown): When a friendly ship at range 0-1 defends, you may suffer 1 damage, or discard this card, to cancel one [hit]/[crit] result.

You start out recklessly gunning down everyone, and then turn into a defensively minded Nursemaid, who is willing to sacrifice itself to save others.

Alternatively, you could just have it be two whole different cards, though, then, they would both need a redesign of sorts.

Greer Carga could hand out Bounty conditions. The Child could be Din Djarin or Imperial only, and I like the idea that it has, like, 3 non recurring Force. I'd love to see a drop trooper remote, but, more likely, Cara Dune would be some kind of defensively minded upgrade.

I imagine we'll see it after Season 2 finishes, so that we can get Season 2 pilots and crew as well.

I like it.

Another IG-11 crew could be something like: IG-11. 3 charges. After you defend you may make a 2red bonus attack against the attacker. When you suffer crit damage, remove one charge. When you have no active charges IG-11 detonates and every ship at range 0-1 gets one damage, flip the IG-11 card, other side would have nothing on it. I think that could represent IG-11s willingness to self detonate, but you can use his sacrifice to take out some enemies to, maybe double up with Dead Mans switch.

I kind of get a LAAT/i gunship vibe from it. Does it actually win that many space fights against fighters? Also as the ship being preimperial, I could actually see its stats being weaker than proposed above, something like:

Razor Crest, medium base.

2 attack (front arc), 1 agility, 5 hull, 3 shields.
Actions: lock -> boost (red), focus, barrel roll.
Ship-ability: After you perform a speed 3 or higher manouver, you may perform a free jam or calculate action.
Slots: 2 cannons, 1 torpedo, 2 crew, 2 Illicit, 1 modification.
Dial: 0 stop (f), 1 forward (b), 1 bank (b), 1 turn (r), 2 forward (b), 2 bank (w), 2 turn (r), 3 forward (b), 2 bank (b), 3 turn (w), 4 straigth (w), 5 straight (w), 5 k-turn (red).
Unque title: "Razor Crest", you may equip one tech or systems upgrade.

Weaker attack like most of the clone wars ships than the rebel area ships, but with an interesting action economy playing of the tech of the ship. Being hard to detect/kill. But also synergizing with Synched Laser Cannons. Also would like the ship (unlike the LAAT) to be fast/high speed due to those big engines, and then a 5 k-turn together with a 0 stop force(!) move requiring you to have a force user crew equipped to perform that move and be really unpredicable 0 stop versus 5 k-turn. (The child really likes that shiny throttle knob/ball).

I think those tricks really makes the ship stand out and be really scummy.

Then I also hope it comes with a lot of new interesting (scum only, perhaps unique) illicits to really breathe some fresh air into that faction - FFG please dont waste that opportunity!

Edited by Sciencius

I think we only see it in one firefight with that one Z-95 kind of fighter, and in that fight he barrel rolls (kinda), slams the breaks and one shots the fighter from behind. So he wins against the one fighter we see ;). In the lore the ship is described as an outer rim patrol ship so I think its big guns are for self defense and are to weak with only 3 red. I would not give this ship a cannon slot, as it becomes very much like the G1-A very fast.

I really hope we get a lo of new scum crew with this ship to. Cara Dune could maybe even be Scum/rebel crew.

I think Zero should be something about doing red manoeuvres without stress, but for another cost.

Like, when you reveal a red manoeuvre, you may treat it as white. If you do, you may not use any Crew upgrade cards until the end of the round (as when he pulled off the crazy moves everyone fell over lol)

1 minute ago, InterceptorMad said:

I think Zero should be something about doing red manoeuvres without stress, but for another cost.

Like, when you reveal a red manoeuvre, you may treat it as white. If you do, you may not use any Crew upgrade cards until the end of the round (as when he pulled off the crazy moves everyone fell over lol)

That's interresting. Could be fun to some how change the dial with his ability, so he flies more lige the cis droids. All your reds are blue and vice versa?

Yeah or "when you reveal a turn manoeuvre, you may treat it as a talon roll in the same direction and gain 1 stress token if it is not red. If you do, ignore any text on Crew upgrade cards until the end of the round"

I made these a while back, brainstorming and building off of someone else's ideas (someone cam up with the Rust Bucket idea, I don't remember who).

dindjarin-3.png zero-3.png

narshadaahunter razorcrest-1

dincrew-1.png thechild-1.png

I really like the design for Greef. I wish that there was a way that it could get into more than one faction.......

for the IG-11 droid, I want to have an effect for "self destruct sequence initiated"

20 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

I really like the design for Greef. I wish that there was a way that it could get into more than one faction.......

for the IG-11 droid, I want to have an effect for "self destruct sequence initiated"

I could be fun if you could get the vibe of that "DO not self destruct" discussion.

Greef is really cool, but maybe he should start on 0 charges, so you have to earn the charges first. Maybe also a cap. Near unlimited access to Debris fields for scum Han is really good ;)

3 minutes ago, Dwing said:

I could be fun if you could get the vibe of that "DO not self destruct" discussion.

This is a great idea. Perhaps IG-11 could have some passive benefit (you could pick assassin or nursemaid for offensive or defensive perk... maybe a reroll), but he'll self-destruct--potentially doing nasty damage to your ship--unless you keep feeding him some sort of token.

Perhaps 3 charges and text like "When [Defending/Attacking, based on side], you may reroll 1 die. At the end of the engagement phase, you must remove 1 red or orange token from your ship or remove 1 charge. In the end phase, if there are no charges left on this card, each ship at range 0 (range 0-1?) is dealt 1 face-up damage card."

So you have to perpetually run with bad tokens in order to keep IG up and running.

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I made these a while back, brainstorming and building off of someone else's ideas (someone cam up with the Rust Bucket idea, I don't remember who).

I like the general direction with all the red/orange shenanigans.

//

In my head, I'm having fun with the concept of the Razor Crest being a continuous factory for negative tokens of some kind (maybe every action but the focus is red, but the ship ability lets it take other kinds of red/orange tokens instead), but with tools to use them for good (preventing IG-11 from exploding) or just mitigating them.

Actions being Focus/Lock/Jam/Red Roll seems appropriate.

For statline... I'm tempted by the 2 green dice line, to make it feel different from the G1-A, but 11 health feels really high to me. This thing doesn't really seem tankier than a Firespray or Lancer. Is it even U-Wing tankiness? I don't think I'd want to go above 8 health, and might stop at 7 (medium-base T-70 with a different suite of tricks?). I guess it depends on what role this is supposed to have in a squad. 3/2/8/3 is going to have to cost north of 50 points for the generic. Kuill as a low-init pilot with a tricky-to-use ability might be able to go under (like 0-66 on the Infiltrator), but it's just too many stats for that to be under 50.

"The Child": while you perform a (focus) action, treat it as red. (It's hard to focus with baby Yoda messing with the controls, but at least you get one recurring force token).

29 minutes ago, FilipeFreitas said:

"The Child": while you perform a (focus) action, treat it as red. (It's hard to focus with baby Yoda messing with the controls, but at least you get one recurring force token).

Or if you use the childs force token, you also get a stress, the little guy gets exhausted.

Peli Motto, the mechanic, maybe? Probably something to do with charges and repairing damage cards. But maybe she just wasn't that important overall.