Painted Armies

By Keithandor, in Runewars

Hi all

Here are some pics of my armies all painted.

Runewars7.JPG

Runewars6.JPG

Runewars5.JPG

Runewars4.JPG

Runewars3.JPG

Runewars2.JPG

Wowsers! Fantastic work! Were you using any kind of speed-painting techniques for these guys, or good ol' fashioned layering and highlights? I ask mainly because the Uthuk and Waiqar forces look a bit.... monochromatic while the other two forces are much more colourful. It's hard to tell if there was one consistent philosophy behind all these paint jobs =)

Also, red pegasi? Interesting choice. It does look good against the sea of greens that composes the rest of their forces.

It was a very quick job , undercoat and ink or drybrush and then touch up .

I wanted to keep to the army colours so that you can easily tell who is who on the map.

Wow I wish i was that talented.

Those look really awesome.
Is there maybe a video on how to paint miniatures quick and good? (without much talent) sonrojado.gif

GokuSaiyan said:

Those look really awesome.
Is there maybe a video on how to paint miniatures quick and good? (without much talent) sonrojado.gif

Check out this thread over on the Descent forum:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=4&efcid=1&efidt=333684

It has a few images from a fellow FFG gamer who just started painting his figs and there's a lot of good advice for painting in a bunch of different styles. You can figure out which method sounds easiest for you. I wold encourage you to try your hand at painting if you have the interest, it's not as hard as it seems and seeing the coloured minis is really rewarding! It can take time though, so be aware - even with a "speed painting" technique - it will take a while to get all of RW's figs painted. Maybe just start with the heroes and see how you like it from there.

Edit: ****, it didn't become a link. Well copy and paste that line in your browser then =P

Quick??? ****, would take me forever. And things would still not look this good. Great!!!

Did you undercoat black or white?

I just finished painting my heroes. I did not undercoat. I used real light paint and then a heavy waxey wash. Its ok, but it would take to long to do the armies this style.

By the way, your forces look EXCELLENT!

stoopit double post.

Really nice job with the armies. This inspired me to start painting up Runewars. Hopefully its half as good.

Really nice job! If I'm not careful, you're going to inspire me to finally get around to painting my Descent minis!

I juz noticed my original post of painting my figures got referenced here gran_risa.gif

Thanks bro for the spotlight hawhaw~ And yes, its really addictive once u start painting. Before painting, I tot it was gonna be a tough hassle! Trust me, force urself to pick up the brush. From there, its really fun!

Man I'm LOVING this. I'm gonna inspire by those :)

Nice job man! I like the red pegasi.

Actually I went back and tried to start painting on my Runewars figurines when I realized they were SO SMALL!!!! How did you even manage to paint them so well!? Also, shouldn't you have painted the elves to be more like the armor scheme of Hugo or Valadir? (based on the Runewars box's front cover)

Wanderer999 said:

Actually I went back and tried to start painting on my Runewars figurines when I realized they were SO SMALL!!!! How did you even manage to paint them so well!? Also, shouldn't you have painted the elves to be more like the armor scheme of Hugo or Valadir? (based on the Runewars box's front cover)

Part of painting minis is expressing your own creativity. The only way he should have painted them is the way he wanted to paint them, which is presumably exactly what he did. There's no rule that says he HAS to paint them to match the artwork on the box.

Steve-O said:

Wanderer999 said:

Part of painting minis is expressing your own creativity. The only way he should have painted them is the way he wanted to paint them, which is presumably exactly what he did. There's no rule that says he HAS to paint them to match the artwork on the box.

Especially since the box's artwork of the elves isn't the same color scheme as the artwork on the Latari faction sheet :)

Thanks guys.

I undercoated the humans Blue and the Uthuk red , but the others were undercoated white.

If you pick and easy scheme , you can knock them over quickly..

Runewars is still my favourite game :)

omg ! man ! just awesome ! we're playing RuneWars about half year and I'm looking to do the same. I found this post via search, nobody painted such small figures Is Citatel paint set suitable for them ? Did you use undercoat paint on this plastic ?

i meant like basic undercoat, spay or just black paint. cause i have starter pack - (Calthan Brown, Iyanden Darksun, Knarloc Green, Tallarn Flesh, Mordian Blue, Undercoat Black, White, Gunmetal & Mechrite Red)

hey guys, how painting going ? does anyone ?

RobbyRoll said:

omg ! man ! just awesome ! we're playing RuneWars about half year and I'm looking to do the same. I found this post via search, nobody painted such small figures Is Citatel paint set suitable for them ? Did you use undercoat paint on this plastic ?

I haven't painted Runewars figs, but I have painted otehr FFG game figs, and I think an undercoat is definitely worthwhile for this kind of soft plastic. Citadel paints (or any other brand of water-based paints) should do just fine.

If you want to use a spray primer, that should work out just fine, but be extra careful not to make the primer coat too thick. These guys have less detail than usual due to the scale, so keep it light and thin.

Can u repost links?

Keithandor said:

Hi all

Here are some pics of my armies all painted.

Runewars7.JPG

Runewars6.JPG

Runewars5.JPG

Runewars4.JPG

Runewars3.JPG

Runewars2.JPG

link dont show, just icons?

ior is it my ipad?