Q4 Qualifier Reporting Thread

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

@Irishmadcat 4 vs 7 @TheRedScourge

Raddus got the drop and was lucky to get away

Played @CahoonM and I successfully ran away from a star hawk for a 9-2 win

copy that, Standing by.

It is funny indeed, I thought something like that but wasnt sure About the ruling.

Thanks for clarification.

Red1 out :)

Bread 3, standing by

@comatose attempted the bounty, i won 400-60.

Introductory 200pt game against new player (we'll call them BG). 6-5 to me, MoV of 33.

And I've been given a 2 point "secret bounty".

7-4 win against Freizeittrooper. Our rematch featured 2 Vics, one Assault potato and lots of hilarious mistakes on both sides. Anyway. That score finishes my race to 21.

Match against @GiledPallaeon . 6-5 to GP, MoV 21.

Ackbar lives to see another day.

Match against @Cael . 9-2 to me, MoV 268.

Ackbar Assault Hawk munched its way through a Screed ISD and Interdictor, with one ISD escaping, the Rebel fleet all intact, but Unity seriously damaged.

And with that, I am at 25 points. Standing by!

Edited by Nerf_Herder2187
On 10/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, geek19 said:

@comatose attempted the bounty, i won 400-60.

Too bad you're both qualified already.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:10 AM, BiggsIRL said:

As always, the World Cup and World Cup Qualifiers is brought to you by Steel Strategy. Steel Strategy, we're podcasts (sometimes) and blogs (well we used to be) and streaming (when we're not too busy), and an active discord community (with stupid gimmicks). Hop into our discord server to find a place to find qualifier opponents.

Qualification Standings:

@Irishmadcat - 8 + 5(bounty) + 4 +6 = 23 Qualified!

@Roquax - 10 + 10 + 7 + 3 (bounty) = 30! OVERKILL!

@ExplosiveTooka - 1 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 9 = 21 Qualified! / 5 Games Qualified!

@Truthiness - 7 + 10 (bounty) + 8 = 23 Qualified!

@Lem213 - 1 +1 + 10 + 1 +9 = 22 Qualified / 5 Games Qualified!

@Kaiser1977 - 5 + 4 + 10 + 7 + 5 = 31 Standby Overachiever

@comatose - 3 + 5 + 8 + 7 = 23 Standby!

@Alzer - 8 + 4 = 12

@Bertie Wooster - 7 = 7

@CahoonM - 7 + 4 + 10 = 21 Qualified!

@itzSteve - 10 = 10

@Jamesmorgan - 9 + 5 +10 = 24 SECRET QUALFIED!

@CaribbeanNinja - 2 + 2 + 8 + 4 + 6 = 22 Standby / 5 Games Standby!

Baehound (?) - 4 = 4

@Nerf_Herder2187 - 1 + 1 + 1(bounty) + 6 + 2 (bounty) + 6 = 17 - 5 Game Standby!

Sipon81(?) - 7 = 7

@TheRedScourge - 1 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 7 = 20 - 5 Game Standby!

@187-Leon - 6 + 4 + 9 + 7 = 26 Qualified!

@Poldicolonia - 7 + 10 + 10 = 27 Qualified!

@NewGandhi - 6 + 8 + 7 = 21 Standby!

Spike(?) - 5 = 5

@Angry Ewok - 5 + 7 + 10 = 22 Standby!

@Beanicus / @Beanicus13 - 9 = 9

@Cael - 2 + 9 + 2 = 13

Sven (?) - 6 + 2 = 8

Freizeitrooper - 3 + 4 = 7

@BlackWolf - 9 + 9 + 3 = 21 RED 1, STANDING BY!

@drumtier - 2 = 2

@geek19 - 8 + 3 (bounty) + 5 (bounty) + 7 = 23 Qualified!

Malagant(?) - 2 = 2

@Mrks. - 1 + 9 = 10

@BigPoppaPalpatine - 7 + 8 (bounty) = 15

@Jammers - 10 + 9 = 19

Done through here!

Keskai vs Cahoonm

6-5 win by Keskai with a 47 point MoV

Motti ISD's just pushed out a win over Agate and her MC80 even though Avenger flew off the board.

Keskai vs Cahoonm round 2

8-3 win by Keskai

Screed's ISDs managed to outmaneuver a strong Raddus drop in Contested Outpost.

Keskai vs Cahoonm round 3

8-3 win by Keskai 214 MoV

Romodi's Arquitens made a blockade run against Agate's dual MC's

Updated through here.

@Rikash whomped me 9-2 (261 MoV) with some scary Onager blue beamery

I played The Negative Play Experience against @clontroper5 's 4 Romodi Vics. I took 2nd, and he chose my Surprise Attack.

I put the station on the bottom right, where Romodi's Vic went. He clustered his ships on the right side of the board, and I mostly did the same, except my Vic which was on the left. Set all 3 raid dials to navigate.

On turn 1, clon's Vics took some damage from asteroids and bumping. (He deployed 1 Vic in front of Romodi's, and I Titus'd the front one down to 0, so they both took 1 damage card. These two Vics did not take much damage from getting shot because of 7th Fleet and EST, but still amassed 4 damage cards each by mid-game. LOLerskates.)

I mostly went after his two Vics on the left and he went after my Onager and Interdictor. They all died.

Konstantine was used a few times, possibly effectively by forcing one of clon's Vics to navigate instead of repairing. This Vic died the same turn from a deadly blow from Gar Saxon.

It was a fun game but very slow. Clon won 7-4 with a 100 MoV. I also get 3 TP from the bounty.

ZumNzVl.jpg

Edited by Bertie Wooster
On 11/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, Bertie Wooster said:

I played The Negative Play Experience against @clontroper5 's 4 Romodi Vics. I took 2nd, and he chose my Surprise Attack.

I put the station on the bottom right, where Romodi's Vic went. He clustered his ships on the right side of the board, and I mostly did the same, except my Vic which was on the left. Set all 3 raid dials to navigate.

On turn 1, clon's Vics took some damage from asteroids and bumping. (He deployed 1 Vic in front of Romodi's, and I Titus'd the front one down to 0, so they both took 1 damage card. These two Vics did not take much damage from getting shot because of 7th Fleet and EST, but still amassed 4 damage cards each by mid-game. LOLerskates.)

I mostly went after his two Vics on the left and he went after my Onager and Interdictor. They all died.

Konstantine was used a few times, possibly effectively by forcing one of clon's Vics to navigate instead of repairing. This Vic died the same turn from a deadly blow from Gar Saxon.

It was a fun game but very slow. Clon won 7-4 with a 100 MoV. I also get 3 TP from the bounty.

The Kallus Vic isn't supposed to be what limps away, @Bertie Wooster . It's what is supposed to be there for a good time, but not a long time.

Also updated through here.

Played Giraffasaur (Not sure if he's on these forums?) 9-2. We both took some off-meta lists, he brought a Madine double Liberty list and mine was

Faction: Galactic Empire
Commander: Moff Jerjerrod

Assault Objective: Surprise Attack
Defense Objective: Fleet In Being
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] Star Dreadnought Command Prototype (220 points)
- Moff Jerjerrod ( 23 points)
- Captain Needa ( 2 points)
- Damage Control Officer ( 5 points)
- Captain Brunson ( 5 points)
- Gunnery Team ( 7 points)
- Linked Turbolaser Towers ( 7 points)
= 269 total ship cost

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat Refit (112 points)
- Expert Shield Tech ( 5 points)
- Electronic Countermeasures ( 7 points)
- Leading Shots ( 4 points)
- External Racks ( 3 points)
= 131 total ship cost

= 0 total squadron cost

We were both at 400, I chose 1st and picked his PIC. The SSD avoided two of the PIC tokens but had to forego Brunson for a few turns to do so--obstacles and PIC tokens were in the middle of the board. I deployed my SSD pretty far away from the ISD, so Giraffe decided to split his forces and go after both. I thought the game was going his way midway through, but the SSD's final turn 6 shot deleted Mon Karren with exactly what it needed, and then he was left with his other Liberty and flotilla. He activated his flotilla, getting it out of close range of the ISD. But then the ISD took its close range shot at the shieldless rear of Mon Karren, got an acc and 13 damage after ER and LS (with a CF dial), and finished it with a ram.

I really thought his two Liberties and squads would take down the SSD. Instead it was only crippled and he got tabled, 9-2 my favor. Great opponent.

7+7+9=23 @BiggsIRL

Edited by Bertie Wooster

With a little help from the space whales, @Green Knight beat me 8-3. I believe I have now lost the required number of games to join the waiting list for the World Cup! People fearing they will come in last rejoice!

12 minutes ago, Cael said:

With a little help from the space whales, @Green Knight beat me 8-3. I believe I have now lost the required number of games to join the waiting list for the World Cup! People fearing they will come in last rejoice!

The whales did some good work!

I had already a couple of games in our German Vassal League, which I would like to report:

October, 31st: Against @RealVeers . We played both SH-fleets. RV took revenge for my lucky win the game before and scored 8 to 3 for him. He managed the squadron play much better.

November 5th, Against @Goerrit . He had a Kuat-/ISD-1-brawler-fleet, I played SH-134 again. Surprised to learn that SH can explode 🙂 Lost 9 to 2 and was just one damage away from a 7 to 4 (his ISD was on one hull left but fortuna was not on my side for the last shoot).

November, 13th, Against @BlackWolf . He came with ISD-2, Arq, Raider and 2 Goz. I came with MC75 Ord, Mc30, Hammerhead Torp, two Transporter and 6 Y-wing for ATN. Decided to play it safe and to avoid ISD-2/Arq but to concentrate on the rest. Managed to get a 7 to 4 win and learned that Raider with Iden is awefull!

I will have another league-game until end of November and will look for other games. I had also played some fun-games in the past weeks but do not remember the scores anymore. But as the league games are reported (and all players are active in this forum), I hope that it is okay to use them. If not, it will become two busy weeks...

🙂

Best, b2w

Oh, right. Updated through here!

GK vs MajorKaiko, 8 to 3.