Notorious Scoundrels S2 E20

By Dashz, in Star Wars: Legion

It's Squadrons Week! Come hang out with the Notorious Squadrons on this week's podcast! https://youtu.be/URmvCzbCXxo

I as actually worried the cast would be nothing but Squadrons talk. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't. I know it's the big thing right now, but it's not for me. If I want a SW flight sim/fighter game, I'll just go back and reply the X-Wing/TIE Fighter line.

The talk on Supplies was interesting. Personally, I hate it both because it focuses on non-combat aspects of the game (grab box, run away), and because it so heavily favors units I never play (fast agile named characters, mostly). Really pleased to hear it was the most cut objective in the game, hopefully that's a trend that will continue.

52 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I as actually worried the cast would be nothing but Squadrons talk. Pleasantly surprised it wasn't. I know it's the big thing right now, but it's not for me. If I want a SW flight sim/fighter game, I'll just go back and reply the X-Wing/TIE Fighter line.

The talk on Supplies was interesting. Personally, I hate it both because it focuses on non-combat aspects of the game (grab box, run away), and because it so heavily favors units I never play (fast agile named characters, mostly). Really pleased to hear it was the most cut objective in the game, hopefully that's a trend that will continue.

Personally I think the only issue with it is that they have to be placed outside range 1 of your deployment zone, if it was the same placement as the baricades (within 1-2 of deployment or in deployment then it would see a lot more play as you could have units start on them instead. The other issue with them is that they are a lottery, you could have no vehicles or droids and still get 2 of the repair one come up or mostly droids and armour and get the bacta ones when you are miles away from your only organics.

I think that it should be less of a lottery, pick up 4 and choose 1 maybe instead of pick up 2, there are a few ones that are good but the best one imo is the holoprojector, free order token to yourself or another friendly unit at range 1, great on clones or anything with coordinate

Only way i have really seen them be played up to now is you place them in an area that you know your troops are going to be moving to and then youcan just pick them up as an incidental instead of having to move out of your way to get them.

42 minutes ago, 5particus said:

Only way i have really seen them be played up to now is you place them in an area that you know your troops are going to be moving to and then youcan just pick them up as an incidental instead of having to move out of your way to get them.

That's exactly how I place them when I play it. Have never considered placing them any other way

4 hours ago, 5particus said:

Personally I think the only issue with it is that they have to be placed outside range 1 of your deployment zone, if it was the same placement as the baricades (within 1-2 of deployment or in deployment then it would see a lot more play as you could have units start on them instead. The other issue with them is that they are a lottery, you could have no vehicles or droids and still get 2 of the repair one come up or mostly droids and armour and get the bacta ones when you are miles away from your only organics.

I think that it should be less of a lottery, pick up 4 and choose 1 maybe instead of pick up 2, there are a few ones that are good but the best one imo is the holoprojector, free order token to yourself or another friendly unit at range 1, great on clones or anything with coordinate

I believe he's referring to Recover the Supplies, not Supply Drop.

Im loving the series of deep dives on objectives. Glad this episode didnt get commandeered by salt.